KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WorldView

Is this your company?

WorldView

Add a Review

WorldView Employee Reviews about "ping pong"

Updated Mar 24, 2016

Found 6 of over 51 reviews

2.3
WorldView President  Matthew Moore (no image)
Matthew Moore
0 Rating
Pros
  • "There are a lot of great people within this company which does show there is a lot of heart to be had(in 6 reviews)

• "Work with great people, casual environment, ping pong tables and Friday social hours(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No training or real organization, Company is dying due to lack of training and knowledge base(in 5 reviews)

• "Sure the staff works hard and takes the stress in stride but no one who is worth anything will stick around unless they get paid well(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "ping pong"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized

Jun 26, 2015 - Client Service Representative in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

I truly enjoyed the people that I worked with. Everyone is nice and willing to help. Fridays at 4 pm=beer and ping pong. They pay you well and have good benefits packages.

Cons

Pretty much all of the people that I enjoyed working with are no longer with the company. When you get hired they tell you that everyone drinks beer and hangs out at 4 on Friday, but that is not necessarily true. There is too much work to be done, and no one wants to be the person to pack it in early and crack open a beer. It only actually happened a handful of times when I was there. People are moving around all the time. I saw several people get promoted and then demoted all within a few months. It really is true what everyone says about training. There isn't any. It's like a sinking ship that is frantically trying to stay afloat. Unless you have an extensive background in OnBase or Filebound I would avoid. I will not say avoid at all costs like some other reviews have said, but certainly proceed with caution. The turnover rate is through the roof.

5 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0

Not good.

Jun 8, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ping Pong was OK.

Cons

No training at all No career advancement So many more to list but it could take hours

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Against All Odds

May 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with great people, meet a lot of new people (turnover is unbelievable), casual environment, casual dress, ping pong tables and Friday social hours.

Cons

Owner/president will only communicate with his management team (4-6 managers, depending on the week) that was selected because they always agree with him. For a small business (20-25 employees, depending on the week), communications were terrible and the politics were high. The president sits in his corner office and never takes the time to walk through the office and talk to folks that get all of the work done.

HR Assistant

We are sorry you feel Tom, the president, is not attentive to the employees. While he is very busy, I have found him very enjoyable to talk to and he always takes a little time to talk with people in the office. It is not common for an owner to be in the office daily and be so hands-on with the business. Thank you for your comments.

4. 2.0

Company Cannot Handle Growth

Mar 24, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

FAC's with beer and ping pong Small intimate environment where you become friends with co-workers Co-workers, Co-workers, Co-workers!!!

Cons

President/owner involved in every aspect of business Micromanagement by entire management team No flexibility for work at home Unreasonable work expectations (i.e. 60 hours or more per week)

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Zero Job Security

May 19, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with great people, casual environment, ping pong tables and Friday social hours. Dress code is relaxed which is nice.

Cons

The new employees are treated well. Quick promotions followed by demotions. Experienced employees are overworked and under appreciated. You are micro managed and it's easy to lose confidence in your own abilities. Anyone with experience or differing views or ideas don't last long. Staying there more than 1-2 years is almost unheard of. Turnover is far too high for a service company.

HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We recognize that in the past some position changes were made without thinking through completely, and the results were not always positive. We have learned immensely from this and have taken time to set clear road maps for the positions within WorldView while also taking into account the career goals of each employee. Backfilling positions have now become a larger priority in the promotion process. We have increased chances for training and internal promotion (the right way) and have already seen positive results!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Here are some facts, make your own decision.

Jul 25, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Good opportunity for entry level learning in IT 2. Good opportunity for advancement 3. Decent pay 4. Decent location 5. Overall good co-workers 6. Ping pong

Cons

From corresponding pros: 1. If you have "one" mistake, you will not make it past entry level 2. If you have "two" little mistakes, you will never have the opportunity to advance. If you are mistake free, you get opportunities for advancement because the other guy just left. 3. Decent pay is nice, but all seriousness money cannot by happiness. I have known several employees who left and took large pay cuts, but were happier than ever. 4. Q Street sucks after 7:45 am and after 5:00 pm. 5. The good co-workers all continue to exit, leaving only the teacher's pets. 6. What place doesn't offer something like this. Morale was so bad the past year, that the employees didn't even have their annual tournament. and more... 7. In the past year and a half, there have been at least 20-25 people either come or go, including 8 exits since December. But hey, at 22 staff members that's not bad right? :O 8. Management says one thing to the masses, but does another behind closed doors. This is clearly by the one positive "review". This person either is management undercover, or a new employee that has only seen what is shown to them, not what goes on behind those closed doors. Unfortunate, because the company has potential. There is business in that market. So take these "facts" into account and decide for yourself if you want to try and make a go of it. If so, good luck and may God have peace on your soul... sorry that last part was a joke, kind of.

HR Assistant

We appreciate your feedback. We do not want to provide an environment where you feel that you can’t make a mistake or advance. We all understand that no one is perfect. While WorldView has always looked for opportunities to promote from within the company, we are making this even more of a priority. We have developed an Internal Job board and are providing more opportunities for trainings and skills development to prepare our staff for promotions. We have recently promoted a member of our Client Services team to Systems Administrator, and others have begun working toward certifications.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews