Worldpay Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldpay CEO Philip Jansen
Philip Jansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "not a real career opportunity unless you start out in upper management" (in 22 reviews)

• "not a lot of communication between senior management and regional managers" (in 20 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

I worked at Worldpay full-time

Pros

Great job and great people

Cons

Very competitive in that industry

"Director of Operations"

I worked at Worldpay full-time

Pros

Fair pay and great employees around you

Cons

lack of job stability from day to day

"Completely dysfunctional and unprofessional company. Corporate America at its worst."

I worked at Worldpay full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most employees try really hard to work around the dysfunctionality of the company, though it gets incredibly tiring.

Cons

Very top-heavy on leadership who separate themselves widely from the heavy lifters that actually made the company successful. Way too many acquisitions that create chaos for the employees. Policies that continuously change that don’t have employee’s best interest in mind. Way too many meetings that are lead in ways that are not productive.

Advice to Management

Employees left at your values statements because they were never a part of the culture. The majority of employees are very dissatisfied with the company. The picture put out to the public is very different from inside of the building. It’s unbelievable that the company is so successful financially when inside its walls is incredibly toxic.

"DO NOT Recommend"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Worldpay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generous paid off time and great 401k match

Cons

Poor management- middle management was not very knowledgeable and very hard to rely on. It always amazed me at how little they knew. There were times they looked to me for assistance. I was shocked to learn how many of them didn't even know how to read a merchant statement.
     Lack of support to merchants was completely frustrating.
    Departments and people not taking ownership for their roles and it ends up falling into someone else's lap to do someone else's work.
    After the merger,your workload got heavier and your pay did not change.

Advice to Management

Be more engaged and offer more support for your employees and customers. Re-evaluate your current employees job description and make sure they're being paid their worth. Make people accountable! Train and hire better managers.

"too big"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Worldpay full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

lots of work and projects

Cons

too much process. typical big company politics

"What is this?"

I worked at Worldpay full-time

Pros

Callers were for the most part easy to work with and routine

Cons

Co-Workers create hostile work environment

"Terrible. They got too big for their britches"

Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Worldpay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO and 401K. Work from Home Fridays if you are trending on track

Cons

This company treats women differently than it treats men and the subpar upper management is busy giving their tenure employees easy tasks and hug raises (as long as they are male) and talks down to everyone else. I have witnessed someone at director level make sexist comments constantly but HR turns a blind eye

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Defend and promote your female superstars. Don’t be so blind to those that are achieving the most production in front of you right now instead of waiting until the end of the year when they will leave. Your HR department is the worst. No wonder they have settled several times already when sued.

"A great place to grow as a payments salesperson"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Worldpay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had joined Worldpay with a strong payments background, yet I learned so much more about the payments space than I thought possible. There is a real dedication from the company to teach you everything there is to now about moving money digitally. From international processing to local payment methods to FX. I couldn't believe how deep the rabbit hole goes.

The management here pushes you to do your best with regular reviews of your pipeline and skill set. My particular manager was good at knowing each of his team members' strengths and predictably and reliably stepping in where he knew they would need help.

Finally, not many companies offer the suite of products or sheer force of expertise as Worldpay. Would definitely consider working for them again.

Cons

It's a huge company which means bureaucracy. It took some time to learn to navigate and get used to the different divisions personalities and incentives.

Advice to Management

Not much. My direct supervisor(s) were incredible.

"Great Company Overall"

I have been working at Worldpay full-time

Pros

Benefit opportunities, compensation opportunities, great coworkers, all my supervisors have been great.

Cons

Lazy coworkers are catered too at times

Advice to Management

Upgrade certain job components please

10. "Great learning experience + awesome team!"

I worked at Worldpay full-time

Pros

- Global team and expertise by market and segment. Departments are willing to collaborate and align to meet tight deadlines and common goals.
    - Many opportunities to grow and learn, open communication and support from management on internal/external stakeholders, schedule flexibility, pursuit of passions to give back, volunteer, and support one another.
    - Company is always striving to improve processes, expand into new markets, innovate, tackle challenges and support growing merchant requirements.

Cons

- Requires self-starter to succeed beyond role expectations given global team is spread across time zones, so ability to find correct stakeholders within departments depends on willingness to ask questions and determine strategic alignment of resources.
    - Company focuses on growth and meeting expectations agreed upon with team and management, but one should be proactive to be successful and stay ahead of changes, industry evolution and internal priority shifts to meet both personal and corporate goals.

Advice to Management

Great job on involvement of multiple departments in the decision making, as this has been improving cross-functional collaboration and alignment to stay competitive - good to see new steps forward in many areas, from product to payment applications and partnership growth.