Worldwide Business Research Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2020

4.0
Worldwide Business Research Chairman and CEO Rick Worden (no image)
Rick Worden
Pros
  • "The managers offer amazing work/life balance which makes me want to work better(in 19 reviews)

• "WBR is a well run company with a solid management in place(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zero cons for me when it comes to my experience with WBR(in 4 reviews)

• "I've never seen a company with such a high turnover in sales staff(in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company with Very Supportive Environment"

Current Employee - Production Assistant

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

The training and support system, great location, work/life balance

Cons

Just the tech can be updated, but there have been improvements

2. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team Environment, Work - Life Balance

Cons

Older tech could be updated

3. "Great company, only minor tweaks needed"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Somewhat flexible work hours Extremely approachable management that genuinely seems to care about their teams and the employees in general Company continues to grow every year Great co-workers and atmosphere You can make good money (and many do), but it won't come from your base salary You travel, but it's not an overwhelming amount

Cons

Still overly rigid about working remote, especially given the lack of space in the current office. The office itself could use some modernization too. Outdated IT systems and technologies used (hopefully some of that is about to change) Minimal opportunities for upward mobility

Continue reading

"The place to be if you want to be in events and conferences!"

Current Employee - Human Resource in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Training and support -Professional development -Career advancement -Friendly workforce -Managers with decades of experience -Flexible work schedule and generous PTO

Cons

Just keep up what you're doing I think

December 29, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for sharing this review with our team! There is so much education, learning and training happening in our organization on a weekly and monthly basis -- we make the investments in our workforce that we think will glean the most results in terms of job performance, teamwork and brand loyalty. Keep it up, management!

"Very supportive and welcoming atmosphere"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Tons of training and support from both your team and those outside of your team— everyone wants to see you do well. Freedom to be creative and implement new ideas, ideal location next to Grand Central, very friendly and welcoming coworkers

Cons

Office and some software programs are a little outdated

December 29, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for leaving a company review with us! Our managers and senior leadership want to create an open, safe space so every employee has the flexibility and freedom to make an impact. We understand that not all people think, act or behave the same. We want to harness the potential of a diverse workforce!

"90 Days Review"

Current Employee - Director of Audience Development

Pros

Very good and helpful team, good location, growing division, Very good, friendly and caring working environment as well as work-life balance.

Cons

Some computer programs could be updated

December 29, 2019Managing Director

Thank you for contributing to our Glassdoor review page! The WBR Connect team is having an explosive growth spurt, if you will, and you are a major contributor to that growth. We try to keep the focus and concentration on the people (you) and process -- because if we can get those lined up, the product can almost self itself!

7. "Awesome"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Kitchen sink is not the best

July 16, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for sharing this 5-star company review! We pride ourselves on being a great place to work at and hope we can, with your help, be even better in the future. As far as the con, we will have office management review the kitchen and sink areas.

8. "Great work environment. Solid Management and Colleagues."

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive in New York, NY

Pros

WBR is a well run company with a solid management in place. Middle and upper sales management have at least 10-15 years of experience each in this industry, and know how to properly run a sales team properly. Expectations are realistic, KPIs are not the main focus of your progress and success. While you need to preform, you're looked at from a growth perspective first and foremost - it's not an environment where you either hit your KPIs or you're out. The work environment is friendly and helpful, with little to no stress. Colleagues and management are always open to feedback and questions. You're treated like an adult. Company is seeing significant growth, I believe we were around 26% YoY in 2019. It's always a good sign to see a company that's been around for 20 years still growing.

Cons

Tech and the office definitely need to be updated, but there have been small improvements which is a good sign (new desks, a few newer computers, etc).

Continue reading

May 7, 2019Managing Director

Hey! Thanks so much for writing this positive review of our organization. Really liked reading about your take on the wealth of knowledge our middle and upper mangers have. And you are right, KPIs are not the main focus - we look at much more than the numbers to determine someones success and contributions. Thanks again for being part of our growing organization!

9. "Friendly, consistent growth, welcoming environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator

Pros

You’re consistently learning and growing and someone is always there to offer a helping hand. Criticism is also always followed with what you’re doing well too, never all bad. Making mistakes is a part of the learning/growth process.

Cons

Hard at first to balance work/personal life because of how invested you become and how stressful it is, it is manageable though.

May 7, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for sharing this positive review with us! We push learning here and look to hire life-long learners like yourself. We have supporters all around and like you said, mistakes are part of the job and part of the journey. Mistakes lead to learning and we want everyone at our company to feel safe to make those mistakes. Thanks again and never stop learning!

10. "Great management, relaxed culture"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales Executive

Pros

The management is incredibly supportive and approachable, training is always available, and there's a lot of cross-team collaboration which is great. The company is doing well and it shows. Monthly happy hours, early out time on Fridays in the summer and when we meet sales goal, free coffee.

Cons

Technology desperately needs to be updated/replaced, NYC office needs a major facelift

May 7, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for sharing this positive 5-star review! We train our managers to nurture and support their team members, to treat everyone with fairness and respect, and push people to greatness - beyond even what they thought possible. We promise to continue doing so. Regarding the con, we are in the process of that facelift now.

Found 104 reviews