Worldwide Business Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really great people to work with all around, with great work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• High standards of production, you learn a lot (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Deadlines - The nature of the business is fast paced and managing deadlines can be stressful (in 2 reviews)

• Classic mistake: not all good sales people make great managers (in 2 reviews)

1. "Flexible Company"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Really great people to work with all around, with great work/life balance. Management is approachable, flexible, and listen/communicate well. My worst day at WBR is still better than good days at other companies I've worked for.

Cons

Compensation can largely depend on team and/or portfolios that you are on - are largely fair, though not leading. Other benefits (401k, insurance) are also fairly median.

2. "Good People - Good Work/Life Balance - Slightly Below Avg. Pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At least for non-sales roles:
    They hire nice people that all get along well.
    Management cares about training.
    People stay for a long time. Not too much turnover.
    Always open to new ideas.
    Nice work/life balance.

Cons

Slightly below average pay.
    A little bit of redundancy in upper management

Advice to Management

Pay the employees properly and determine which roles in upper management are unnecessary.

3. "A really good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Not a lot of politics internally. People are rewarded for strong performance; they are given more responsibility (which often comes with financial incentives).
    -Laid back. You don't have to stress when the trains are running late and you show up 15 minutes late. You make up the time and you go about your life.
    -It's fun. They do happy hours and activities to try to ensure everyone gets to know one another and builds relationships.
    -Tons of collaboration. One of the things I like the best is that all decisions are not top-down. If you have a strong opinion about something, management does listen.
    -The brands you work on. Most conference companies aren't sexy, but we work on some really cool brands here and get to be creative.

Cons

-The only downside I can think of is the office building - it's not terrible, but it's not Google.

Advice to Management

-The company culture is strong, and therefore lots of people stick around. So at some point you can hit a wall in your development.

4. "Wonderful Experience"

I worked at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great management team. Positive work environment

Cons

Higher salary for city living

Advice to Management

The management team is positive and inspiring

5. "Great products and great people! A breath of fresh air when it comes to event companies!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Industry leading events
    Great office location
    Organized and efficient management
    Smart people who care about their work and really contribute to a great environment
    Competitive pay and nice profit sharing structure
    Good training program

Cons

Sometimes workload can be heavy
    Need better CRM/IT System!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and build on an already great culture!

Worldwide Business Research Response

Dec 13, 2017 – Head of Sales Operations & Recruitment

New CRM coming in 2018.

6. "Great environment, good business model"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Good company culture, good opportunities for advancement, interesting work, you get to work with several different industries

Cons

Management is slow to invest in modernizing event experiences; too short-term focused

7. "Great corporate culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

WBR NY has a great corporate culture. People work hard but also have fun! It is a very collaborative environment.

Cons

The office space and IT could be better.

8. "Solid Company"

I worked at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Stable work environment to be in

Cons

Employees tend to haze others and form cliques

Worldwide Business Research Response

Feb 13, 2018 – Head of Sales Operations & Recruitment

Long term friendships are formed, Departments to sit close to each other. Hazing is not part of our Employee induction, culture or core values of the company.

"Great culture, great people, rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After more than 10 years in the conference industry, I have found that WBR has by far the best employee culture. It's a collaborative, friendly environment where you can tell that everyone is motivated to grow the business and continuously improve. On the whole, morale is very good, which is so important if you are looking to be anywhere for an extended period of time. It's a challenging job, but also fun, and I am able to maintain a good work/life balance. There is a lot of potential to make money as you grow events.

Cons

This is not a con for me, but you do travel quite a bit with the job, which can be difficult for some people, especially if you have kids at home. You often leave on Saturdays or Sundays to run events, so the schedule is not for everyone. As a producer, you usually don't go to more than 4 events a year, so it's pretty manageable.

10. "Everything You Like About the Conference Industry, With None of the Bad Stuff"

Pros

I've been in the event production industry for 13 years for a multitude of companies, and I can say hands down, this is the best place I've worked. You can hone your research, content development and skills in a very collaborative and supporting environment. You're encouraged to be creative, think on your own, and be productive without having someone constantly looking over your shoulder.

Cons

The office is a bit run down and the technology/IT system is very outdated, but that's really about it.