Worldwide Business Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 5, 2018

4.7
Rick Worden

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You do the math in terms of work-life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "Stable work environment to be in" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "the office definitely needs a renovation" (in 2 reviews)

• "could spruce up the office a bit" (in 2 reviews)

1. "WBR"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great team collaboration
    opportunities to travel
    employee incentives and networking functions (summer fridays, happy hour, holiday parties, etc)

Cons

it's the "norm" to have access to emails on your phone outside of work hours
    the office definitely needs a renovation
    IT company could be better

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for this wonderful review! We love to see our teams collaborate to bring together such great business events. We appreciate your continuous efforts to raise the bar of what it means to be a... More

2. "Best Conference Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in the conference industry for 10+ years, hands down, WBR is the best out there. They understand the work that needs to be done before executing a conference. It's not like one of those churn and burn companies and see if the event sticks. They truly take the time to do research before executing a conference. What does that mean for an employee? That makes me appreciate WBR because they give you a good amount of responsibility and understand work/life balance! You aren't doing 100+ events. It's a good balance and they really believe in their employees. I've been here for about 4 years, and they treat us well! Very much work hard, play hard vibe= it's all about balance!

Cons

Salaries could be better.

Advice to Management

Raises for everyone!

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Wow, thanks for this amazing review! Coming from someone with over 10 years of experience, this really says a lot. Like you said, we take our events VERY seriously and handle each of our 100 events... More

3. "Perfect mid town location"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

Great People, managers and atmoshpere

Cons

Uneven work loads at times

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for leaving this 5 star review! We work very hard on keeping our people happy, challenged, and moving forward. Our managers know that in order to have great events you first have to train and... More

4. "Meeting Planner"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

-Great company environment
    -Friendly colleagues
    -Work hard/play hard mindset

Cons

-Some days could be long hours, but doesn't happen often

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the strong review! Meeting Planners are such an important part of our business conferences and we thank you for your service and support for without you it would not be possible. Keep up... More

5. "Best Company Culture!"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If I had to use three words to describe WBR's company culture, I would say it is supportive, collaborative and innovative. And there's never a dull moment when working in live events, so I'm constantly exposed to new ideas, concepts and industries. This makes everyday a little bit different and keeps me excited about coming into work! I've made great friends while working here as well due to the good vibes WBR has managed to cultivate amongst the staff. AND we get to travel to cool cities!

Cons

We are right off 5th Avenue and sometimes it is loud when the major city wide parades go by LOL! But, in all seriousness, working in live events can be a quite stressful, but it's also really rewarding and a great learning experience.

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the great review and honest feedback! Those three words definitely touch on the core values that we work hard to push and promote every single day. When it comes to running the biggest... More

6. "You could do worse!"

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent hours (9-5:30)
    -Really fun, nice, and motivated co-workers
    -You get to travel sometimes
    -You get to learn about new industries
    -You are encouraged to innovate
    -Good location - easy access to most major transportation
    -Great lunch options
    -In office happy hour every month
    -Strong emphasis on money and additional time off as rewards
    -Summer Fridays
    -Free snack drops in the break room (watch out, the chocolate goes first)
    -All the managers worked their way up from entry level positions so they really understand your job and what you are dealing with

Cons

-The chair/desk set up is not comfortable
    -It's a challenging industry, a lot of your job depends on how people outside the company respond to you and that's can be stressful given that we're always working within production schedules
    -The computers run on Citrix which is buggy and crashy
    -Not a very modern space, lots of gray
    -The bathroom is gross if you are a woman that works on the 9th floor
    -If you don't like open office environments you will lose your mind

Advice to Management

You're pretty great! Root beer floats at the next in company happy hour?

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the 5 star review! We try to promote innovation and learning at every corner to keep our employees sharp. Indeed, this is a challenging industry and that's why we strive to hire the best... More

7. "Conference Producer - A Great Place to Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Conference Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- WBR's company culture and positive work environment is the biggest pro that comes to mind. I've felt support from my manager and co-workers from the day I started my job. Playing office politics and competing with each other is not really a thing here, and you can always count on your colleagues' help and friendly advice on how to deal with challenges in your work. The fact that most employees have been with the company for so many years speaks volumes about what you can expect if you join WBR team.

- You will get a chance to travel both locally and internationally, depending on your portfolio, and you can always take a couple of vacation days after the conference to explore cities and countries you may have never visited otherwise.

- The office is located steps away from Grand Central, so it's an easy commute to/from work from most parts of New York

- Your average workday will be 9am to 5:30pm. The office is typically empty by 5:45pm. You do the math in terms of work-life balance. Very few places are like that!

- Summer Fridays (finishing work at 3pm) are a thing here, and who doesn't want to enjoy those sunny Friday afternoons all summer long?

- As a conference producer, you get to research and collaborate with top executives from Fortune 500 companies and innovative startups, so there is always something new you can learn every day.

- Conference production is a really multifaceted job and a great way to develop your market research, project management, team management, marketing, communication and organizational skills (the list goes on).

Cons

- Depending on your production schedule, this job can be very stressful and demanding because you are constantly juggling multiple projects and deadlines and need to hit high targets in order to grow your events. If you are not good at multi-tasking, this job is probably not a good fit for you.

- Because of my project scheduling overlaps, I haven't had a chance to take more than five vacation days in a row. This was an unexpected issue for me (I definitely prefer a two-week vacation getaway to multiple short-term holiday trips).

- Outdated IT/desk setup is quite an issue (think old-school square monitors, bulky keyboards, Citrix that constantly freezes... ). However, you can invest in your own equipment to "stop the suffering", which is not ideal, yet not so bad of a trade-off if you are planning to stay with the company for a long time.

- The open floor plan and office layout leave a lot to be desired. Be prepared to deal with things such as limited desk space, constant background noise and distraction throughout the day, to the point where you feel like you don't have enough time and space to concentrate on your project.

Advice to Management

Please invest in new office equipment and talent development

Dec 5, 2018 – Managing Director

What an incredible review! Thanks for breaking down all these pro and for being honest about the cons. Yes, multi-tasking is a VERY big deal if you're going to produce multiple world class events at... More

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sponsorship Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, amazing product/events and processes that are very well thought out. Strong, motivating leadership that leads by example.

Cons

Tech could use an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Sep 12, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the review! Of course, not all sales processes are the same and we spend a great deal of time refining our craft, training our people, and delivering top-grade events to our sponsors.

"Collaborative Work Environment with Exciting Travel Benefits!"

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time

Pros

It's easy to see on the sales floor people truly care about the projects they manage and are constantly innovating. Management takes feedback for success seriously in addition to encouraging ideas for new events/verticals regularly. And you get to wear jeans!

Cons

Tech could use an upgrade

Jun 14, 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the stellar review! We'll keep being the best company we can be and delivering to our customers and employees.

"A kickass event company with an incredible culture!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide Business Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The open floor plan allows people to mix, mingle, collaborate, talk, joke, and laugh. It's laid back and relaxed with a business casual dress code, stocked kitchen, and great window views. The surrounding area has everything you need, from deli's, grocery stores, high-end cuisine, banks, clothing stores, Barnes and Noble, and, of course, Starbucks. Work starts/gets out a reasonable hour (9:00 - 5:30) and your a short walk to Grand Central Terminal.

Cons

Not a con per say, but keep listening to all the awesome event ideas your staff have. Whether its a pivot to eTail or a tweak to Future Stores or an entirely new launch, the existing staff kicks around some really innovative concepts.

Jun 14, 2018 – Managing Director

Woah! Thanks for this incredible review! We're definitely the type of company where folks can enjoy themselves and do great work for our customers.