Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Pros
  • Great benefits - great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

• Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management is in if for the money at the cost of employees (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great collegues, positive environment, supportive management, interesting projects, good benefits, decent yearly bonuses are possible

Cons

Ineffective communication can be an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Some departments need a more comprehensive training program.

"Company that wants to do the right thing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a FT employee in the Morrisville office for just under a year now. I am mid-level. I was attracted to Worldwide because we are global and because we are smaller than some of the other large CROs in town who seem to always be laying off employees or going through mergers, etc. Also, I'd feel like just another number there, whereas ere, I feel like I am a valued contributor.

There has been a lot of change since I began, however, management seems committed to communicating and helping employees understand why the changes are needed.

Pay seems to be comparable to other CROs, there are opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Productivity is valued, as are people with ideas who speak up. The company is doing important work and helping save lives. Most people who work here understand that and want to do what they can to help with this mission.

The Leadership Team, many of whom are based here, are approachable and willing to listen. The President invites people to call him anytime, and makes an effort to get around to all of our offices. He also hosts a quarterly global call with all employees to share what is going on.

Cons

There seems to be an improvement in morale since I have begin but there is more work to do. More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition.

The Morrisville office can feel empty and somewhat boring at times. No place to really collaborate or just talk to one another aside from the kitchen. It would be nice to have something done to spruce up the space here and do more social events, happy hours, etc. for employees. The recent hockey game was fun!

We also have a turnover issue, most likely related to how competitive our business is, but I hear there are plans underway to fix this. Many good people have left but we also have recently hired lots of good folks!

Advice to Management

Keep communicating! Also, let employees have a voice. The new Suggestion Box program is a good idea, commit to hearing the ideas and acting on them. Also, we could use a new Intranet, ours is....lacking... better ways of collaborating online would help a company like ours.

Would also like to see a charity/CSR strategy, what are we doing to give back to our communities? This is important to folks in my generation.

"Terrible company lacking leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job flexibility and decent people for most part but is not worth it

Cons

Management is terrible and lacking any leadership. Turnover has and still is one of the biggest issues. In addition is a lack of training. If you want to grow you need to suck up and it is more if you are liked to grow or if not, find another job because you're nothing but a piece of paper to then.

Advice to Management

Lots of good employees have quit due to favoritism. Extremely high turnover. For a small cro as a job seeker I would run and not interview here.

"Growing Pains"

Former Employee - CRA in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - CRA in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Some work from home flexibility.

Cons

Constant upper management turnover. Old processes in place, although they were working on bringing the company up to date. Little training or career growth opportunites for CRA 1 level.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in good managers and process improvement.

"If you love yourself you will eventually quit"

Former Employee - Research Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Research Technician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It looks cool to have on your resume if you are a student or recent college graduate in the sciences. So just work here for a couple of months then put in your 2-weeks notice and simply put... "I do not like being the Goliath of Urine & Feces." Everybody eventually leaves this place if they love themselves enough.

Cons

This place is a clinic of Urine & Feces. They trick young students or college graduates into getting a cool lab job that conducts cool Pharmaceutical Research. But what the job actually entails as a Research Tech is the handling of Urine & Feces. You will get particles of research participants Urine, Blood, & Feces all over you. It disgusted me so much. Scheduling dept is another issue. Some weeks you work 32-40 hours and other weeks you work 3 hours. NOT KIDDING!!!! Some weeks there is no work and they'll just give you a vacation. There was zero work in July 2016 the whole month NOBODY GOT PAID!!!!!! If the elderly ladies of Urine & Feces like you and think your funny then you may do well with the company. I just hated how everyone that worked there literally hated the job and had a bad attitude. And complained that they went to college and got a science degree to be a Lab Tech of Urine & Feces. Everyone there was SO depressed. I had to get out of there b/c I have an uppity positive personality. I eventually took a lower paying job which I am so much happier with b/c I am not the Goliath of Urine & Feces. Plus some of the research studies going on are probably borderline Unethical.

Advice to Management

Shut down your business and donate all your funds to the Environmental Protection Agency

"Sr cra"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Florida State University, FL
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Florida State University, FL

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Started out ok but lied about everything. Maybe the benefit s are about the only thing. Medical is okay and you will need it as they will put you in the hospital or death bed.

Cons

This now one of the worst CRO's you could work for. They are willing to risk your life and health for metrics. They have no standards or integrity. They are the last to comply with any GCP regulations. Management will defend their own no matter how wrong they are, as they are all friends that worked at the same company before coming to Worldwide. They are willing to even risk patients lives for their own good.
    Project Managers are out right bullies you are not safe with any of them. It is like they are set out to degrade and bet you down every way possible. They are pure nasty evil people.

Advice to Management

Change all of them. There is a reason they didn't work out at the last one. Hire honorable people with integrity and decency. Not liars and think they are untouchable.

8. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant/Research Technician in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The staff is amazing and hard working. I have learned a lot in my time here.

Cons

The hours are either too many or not enough

Advice to Management

Better organization

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good to get you in the door.
    Everyone says severance is decent.

Cons

Things are going downhill. When I first started I thought it was just a transition period but almost three years later anyone who doesn’t have an office has one job - to make sure the executives get their payout when they sell which we keep hearing is soon but we don’t even know what’s going on anymore because they let go the one good executive who did the newsletter. The whole senior management team is run like a frat house with no ethical compass. They always talk about doing the right thing but they spend money on huge tvs for their offices and brag about flying all over the country in first class then work from home the other days. The hours are terrible, HR is a joke and managers are afraid of standing up for themselves because they might be next on the layoff list. Worst part is it’s like hotel California, you can never leave. The company is starting to get a bad reputation in the industry which makes it really hard to find a new job.

Advice to Management

Leaders who refuse to listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.

"Executive management making poor contract decisions with sponsor tyrants"

Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Clinical Research Associate in Detroit, MI

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Appreciation for new ideas
    Weekly CRA Meetings
    Monitor Tools
    Internal promotion

Cons

Recycled sites
    Unrealistic project time constraints
    Sponsor bullying
    Low bargaining for contracts
    Poor site selection
    Micromanagement
    Administration tasks (eTMF)

Advice to Management

Address abusive sponsor relationships, re-allocate CRAs evenly to teams as promised, genuinely support project teams and believe the CRAs.

"Good opportunities"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

I have met great people and had the opportunity to learn and advance. The company culture is positive - not a lot of drama. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

The business sometimes requires overtime without a lot of notice, so that requires that you have to be flexible with your schedule.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in technology.