Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews

Updated June 20, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Some work from home flexibility" (in 7 reviews)

• "Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition" (in 7 reviews)

• "Some people within senior management are a bit full of their own self importance" (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Good Solid Company"

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Worldwide for about 4 months. Prior to that I worked for a small boutique monitoring company. I was there for ten years, loved my job, loved the work, the diversity of study disciplines and working both drug and device trials. I traveled throughout North America and Western Europe. But, work became scarce for a while, and I needed a steady income for my family. Enter, WCT. They offered a great salary, they are small enough that you’re not just another CRA, and I’m lucky enough to have a great manager. Yes, they come with multiple layers of management, multiple and redundant processes, and way more in-the-office time than is sometimes necessary. But overall they are a really good company. In the last year they have renewed their commitment to quality, their staff, and their product. I believe that the top line management has a sincere desire to take this company to a best in class example of the value that a CRO can bring to the sponsor. The only complaint that I have at this point is that I was not assigned to the study discipline that I was being recruited for. There is still a bit of a disconnect between the resourcing staff and the study management staff. If you want to work for a CRO, have good solid CRA experience, and high standards, you should consider Worldwide Clinical Trials.

Cons

As noted previously above, very few cons

Advice to Management

Thin out the middle layers of management necessary to manage the processes

2. "Processing Lab Shift Lead"

Current Employee - Processing Laboratory Shift Lead in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Processing Laboratory Shift Lead in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptionally great management, lots of PTO for full-time jobs, full benefits, lots of room for growth and promotions. They care!

Cons

There are definitely politics at play higher up in the company, but it’s never malicious or cut-throat. Performance and meticulous attention to detail or else you may get sacked fast.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you’re doing!

3. "Lead CRA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A growing CRO, multiple therapeutic areas

Cons

No option for regionalizing CRAs, sub-optimal internal systems (CTMS, training platform, etc.)

"Sinking Boat...."

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits (medical/dental/vision), generous work from home opportunities.

Cons

Inconsistent direction across many functional areas. Extremely weak, incompetent, and unprofessional project managers. Lazy CRAs, little to no room for advancement. Very sketchy upper management, and outdated clinical applications that makes you job redundant and wasteful.

Advice to Management

I'd be really surprised if this place is still in operating 2 to 5 years.

5. "Wct"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People there are great. Everyone works hard and is likeable.

Cons

Demand and expectations are unrealistic. Worklife balance is nonexistent. When you get time off you mostly rest because you are so exhausted.

"Clinical Trial Manager"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Company appears to be growing

Cons

Big promises made by business development that Clinical can't keep, keep losing contracts, trying to follow INC model of 6 days on site per month for all CRAs, different areas of upper management don't agree with each other leaving employees in an impossible situation.

Advice to Management

Stop giving people with so little experience so much power. Managers for the CRAs should understand the job better so expectations are on point.

"Watch Your Back"

Pros

Great insurance! Pleasant working environment.

Cons

The method of bringing to an employee's attention any issues that have arisen over a year's time is to save them up and ambush the employee at the actual review meeting, giving you a low score, and giving you no information until it is too late to address them, except through a low grade and performance improvement plan, which includes no raise and no bonus for the year. Furthermore, if they don't like you personally, they can simply base your review grade on their personal opinions and ignore the achievement of your objectives. They don't follow their own performance management plan. If you try to appeal, or even get an explanation for why the review doesn't line up with your work, they fire you. How? They use the "at will" employment law in NC. Employment at WTC at any given time is fragile and tentative at best.

Advice to Management

Learn how to follow the established performance management system. Reward good performance, and ADDRESS issues as they arise, i.e., BEFORE the end of the year review meeting.

"Medical Writer"

Current Employee - Medical Writer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Medical Writer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The environment encourages collaboration, teams are valued. Managers expectations are clear and deficiences are addressed in a timely manner. Training is emphasized and seminars are encouraged.

Cons

No real opportunity for advancement. Clear lines are drawn between lab functions and clinical functions in spite of assurances that we're all one big company.

9. "Lead CRA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, work from home

Cons

project was lead by a project manager in training

"Great - until you get sick."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, great colleagues, engaging work

Cons

Terrible departmental training, chaotic change, lack of direction

Advice to Management

Nothing wrong with change, but execute it well. My department had 5 heads in 2 years and change in model was very poorly managed. Little to no training given in new roles. Reciepe for disaster.