Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Pros
  • Great benefits - great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

• Flex schedule, ability to work from home (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition (in 6 reviews)

• Some people within senior management are a bit full of their own self importance (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great collegues, positive environment, supportive management, interesting projects, good benefits, decent yearly bonuses are possible

Cons

Ineffective communication can be an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Some departments need a more comprehensive training program.

"Company that wants to do the right thing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a FT employee in the Morrisville office for just under a year now. I am mid-level. I was attracted to Worldwide because we are global and because we are smaller than some of the other large CROs in town who seem to always be laying off employees or going through mergers, etc. Also, I'd feel like just another number there, whereas ere, I feel like I am a valued contributor.

There has been a lot of change since I began, however, management seems committed to communicating and helping employees understand why the changes are needed.

Pay seems to be comparable to other CROs, there are opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Productivity is valued, as are people with ideas who speak up. The company is doing important work and helping save lives. Most people who work here understand that and want to do what they can to help with this mission.

The Leadership Team, many of whom are based here, are approachable and willing to listen. The President invites people to call him anytime, and makes an effort to get around to all of our offices. He also hosts a quarterly global call with all employees to share what is going on.

Cons

There seems to be an improvement in morale since I have begin but there is more work to do. More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition.

The Morrisville office can feel empty and somewhat boring at times. No place to really collaborate or just talk to one another aside from the kitchen. It would be nice to have something done to spruce up the space here and do more social events, happy hours, etc. for employees. The recent hockey game was fun!

We also have a turnover issue, most likely related to how competitive our business is, but I hear there are plans underway to fix this. Many good people have left but we also have recently hired lots of good folks!

Advice to Management

Keep communicating! Also, let employees have a voice. The new Suggestion Box program is a good idea, commit to hearing the ideas and acting on them. Also, we could use a new Intranet, ours is....lacking... better ways of collaborating online would help a company like ours.

Would also like to see a charity/CSR strategy, what are we doing to give back to our communities? This is important to folks in my generation.

"Good opportunities"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

I have met great people and had the opportunity to learn and advance. The company culture is positive - not a lot of drama. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

The business sometimes requires overtime without a lot of notice, so that requires that you have to be flexible with your schedule.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in technology.

"Clinical Trials Associate"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Morrisville, NC

Pros

Team oriented structure. Small CRO without the CRO stress. Large break room, flexible work environment, excellent leaders in management.

Cons

Technology not matching or comparable to other CRO's in the area.

Advice to Management

Continue to include all employees with company plans and development.

5. "CRA experience in WCT"

Current Employee - Senior CRA/LCRA in Fair Lawn, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior CRA/LCRA in Fair Lawn, NJ

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a small company with nice ambiance; employees are friendly and supportive to one another.
    Competitive salary is also an obvious plus.

Cons

All of the CRA positions are home-based only; it can be a great pro in itself, but with a toddler at home with nanny I personally would rather work in the office to be able to avoid interruptions.

"Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits

I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives.

If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad, 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement).

My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static

The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand.

Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be average with most similar companies.

Advice to Management

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

7. "A good place to start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great office, nice people! Decent hours

Cons

Salaries unequal, young hires with less experience

Advice to Management

Train and mentor the people you have and invest in their futures

"Tools are catching up; CAN be something great in a very average industry."

Pros

Accessible leaders; your ideas are heard if you voice them constructively; nimble/small teams; usually less red tape; very smart people can be found across all departments. The recent training for LCRAs was a step in the right direction.

Cons

We tend to work on too may things. Sometimes lack focus to get the critical items/"special projects" completed given their capacity constraints. Senior leaders have been working on better communication between departments and need to keep that as a priority.

Advice to Management

I read previous comments from other posts and found them interesting. I don't think Executives act any better or worse here than I have seen in other places. They aren't perfect but not many are.

Help leaders stay focused on their key goals and objectives. Don't distract from these things during the year. Reward/Bonus based on achieving these goals and objectives. Keep working on communication- think about how the office spaces can encourage collaboration more. Keep following up with more training for employees.

"Manager"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Leadership is focused on growth and hiring industry leaders to take the company to the next level.
    -Industry best benefits.
    -Strong HR support and hiring department.
    -Clinical Operations is highly focused on better rewards, work/life balance and incentives for CRA's.

Cons

Growing pains as new process' and strategies continue to evolve.

"Interesting job"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Everyday you learn something new. The company provided with an amazing insurance

Cons

Did`t pay that well