Worldwide Clinical Trials Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Pros
  • Great benefits - great people to work with (in 7 reviews)

• Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management is in if for the money at the cost of employees (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great collegues, positive environment, supportive management, interesting projects, good benefits, decent yearly bonuses are possible

Cons

Ineffective communication can be an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Some departments need a more comprehensive training program.

"no communication"

Former Employee - Clinical Document Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Document Coordinator in Austin, TX

Pros

excellent benefits kick in at six months

Cons

in a hard-to-get part of town making traffic a problem no matter what; weak communication from trainers, bloated information processes making it difficult to filter the junk out so you can find important information

Advice to Management

realize that for every computer process, there are at least three ways to do it; realize that people who are different add to the diversity of the company...in a good way; just be honest and do the right thing instead of hiding behind a wall...sometimes being a manager or trainer is hard work.

"BE CAUTIOUS"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Associate

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their systems were relatively easy to learn. Questions and support were given quickly by members of the team.

Cons

I thought this was going to be a great fit, as I gave 300% on the project and really enjoyed the work. Out of the blue, I was let go. To this day, I still have no clue why. I found out the worst way, by the CRA who was replacing me telling me she was taking all of my sites. When I inquired with management what was going on, I was ignored for days until I received the formal business letter stating they were terminating me. So much for giving 300% to a project! It would have been nice to know why they were letting me go, or better yet, to know what I could have done to have perhaps corrected the issue.

Advice to Management

For starters, perhaps let someone know why they're being let go. Better yet, perhaps let them know if you have issues so they can be corrected before it even gets this far. This is the reason why employees aren't loyal to employers!

"Work hard and get nothing for it."

Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - PRN in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good part of working for this company is the feeling that in some small measure you are helping people make extra money. They also let you know from the moment you are hired that there will be no room for advancement.

Cons

The supervisors set your schedule and do not allow for any changes. You are encouraged to get people to lie about their medical histories in order to qualify for studies. They fire employees for being sick, and threaten them with unemployment if they have major health issues. The supervisors promise bonuses for meeting quotas and then squirm out of actually paying out bonuses. The only workers who get any consideration are the ones who go out and party with the supervisors after work hours. There is no congratulations given when numbers are met, but lots of stress put on employees to meet numbers. If you have any moral issues with offering dangerous drugs to uneducated people then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Perhaps you should question why the recruiting office has such high turnover. Perhaps encouraging employees with bonuses, some form of congratulations when numbers are met, and not allowing supervisors to only promote their friends would lead to a higher retention of qualified employees.

"Disorganized--Inconsistent Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility with good sized meeting rooms.

Cons

Inconsistent rules with policies loosely enforced at the San Antonio Clinic. HR Management in Austin is horrible. They do not care the least bit about the SA Clinic.

Advice to Management

Focus more of the employees, especially in the San Antonio Clinic. Employees should be heard and appreciated.

"Do Not work in the Recruitment Department if you want to be treated like a valuable human being."

Former Employee - Subject Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Subject Recruiter in Austin, TX

Pros

No pros at all for the Subject Recruitment department.

Cons

Management is not willing to listen to the employee and they play favorites with employees. The recruitment department requires a doctor's note for missing one day, but this is not a company policy, just that one department and when asked why, they claim it has "always been that way" rather than giving a legitimate reason. Thankfully I never had to miss a day. And don't even dare missing a day due to children or family reasons as only the head of that department holds that special privilege. Gossip is a big issue here as well. It was difficult to get any work done with all of the drama propagated by the managers themselves. Awful work environment, I cringe every time I think about my time spent working there.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management you have now in that department.

"Treat Project Associates, Method Developers POORLY!"

Current Employee - Document Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Document Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is a backlog of work from being understaffed, so you will never be bored.

Cons

They don't properly staff departments, since people leaving so quickly. Management requires employees to work awful hours. Pay is stagnant. Management wants people to interview and show skills for new positions, but they don't offer pay increases for moving into needed positions.

HR is a sad joke. They have a "Take it or leave it" policy. They don't even know where people are located in the buildings.

Training is practically non-existent. It's mostly on-the-job, so you will constantly have to work with immature, untrained new hires that make too many mistakes.

Advice to Management

Bow out and allow yourselves to be replaced by people with higher standards and leadership abilities.

"Worst ever."

Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great.

Cons

Management continuously makes the same bad decisions over and over. There is absolutely no work-life balance - employees are expected to be available 24/7 at all times. Environment is utterly toxic.

Advice to Management

Consider the feedback given by the many employees who have left since 2013.

"CRA"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate I
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate I

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibile work environement, acquring new studies so more oppurtunities for growth

Cons

More training needed for new employers

"Don't work here if you love yourself"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The employees are your family. They are always there to pick you up when you have a bad day.
    The MDs are very helpful and always giving great feedback.

Cons

The HR is not helpful at all! Management does not understand when the employees are overworked. It's short staffed because the company has a high turnover rate yet they take on loads of studies that the company can't handle. It's like slave work almost because most staff do not get lunch breaks and they are so demanding when having things done on time with a handful of employees. This has been like this way for years so clearly no one wants to fix the company until it shuts down.

Advice to Management

Figure it out before you lose everything.