Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.

Pros
  • Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives (in 4 reviews)

• Great benefits - great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Also for some reason they are stingy about work-life balance/flexibility (in 5 reviews)

• The whole senior management team is run like a frat house with no ethical compass (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great collegues, positive environment, supportive management, interesting projects, good benefits, decent yearly bonuses are possible

Cons

Ineffective communication can be an issue at times.

Advice to Management

Some departments need a more comprehensive training program.

2. "Growing Pains"

Former Employee - CRA in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - CRA in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Some work from home flexibility.

Cons

Constant upper management turnover. Old processes in place, although they were working on bringing the company up to date. Little training or career growth opportunites for CRA 1 level.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in good managers and process improvement.

3. "EBITDA or else"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mid-level management within the Company was strong. Employees who cared for their jobs and their mission carried the load. They are the staple of this company.

Cons

The executive office, recently revamped with the mindset of 'new blood must be hungrier' has in large part alienated so much of the workforce and thinks a closed door policy (literally) is a good thing. They occupy the corner offices and for much of any given day sit in closed door sessions amongst themselves and 'plot' strategy. Take a quick browse at the Company's executive team and you will see a very common theme (they have recently thrown in a few 'tokens' to make the Company appear international and representative of a cross-spectrum of the clients they serve, but make no mistake. Its EBITDA or nothing for this company, and they will stop at nothing to achieve their earnings targets. I thought this closed door, scheming executive 'aura' of a corporation was a fixture of 1980's corporate America, but these portly fellows are trying to bring it all back. EBITDA or else baby!

"Poor Work \ Life balance"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Most of my colleagues were great to work with. They found ways to make things work in spite of management’s incompetence.

Cons

If you’re a salaried employee in the US, forget about a 40 work week. Management is not realistic when it comes to the amount of time needed to perform daily task not to mention the various new projects. Their resolution is to farm the work out to various vendors but fail to realize that internal resources are still needed to ensure company standards and security are maintained.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You say that your employees are what makes the company great and that their happiness is a priority, yet you little to nothing to back that up. This attitude only makes for a more difficult work environment in the end.

6. "Manager"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Leadership is focused on growth and hiring industry leaders to take the company to the next level.
    -Industry best benefits.
    -Strong HR support and hiring department.
    -Clinical Operations is highly focused on better rewards, work/life balance and incentives for CRA's.

Cons

Growing pains as new process' and strategies continue to evolve.

"So many unhappy employees/contractors"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits - great people to work with.

Cons

We are always told that "management" wants to know our concerns, but not one of my emails have ever been answered by upper management.

I have worked in the corporate world for a long time and unfortunately WCT is the epitome of holding on to lower costs at the sake of their staff. Unbelievable high turnover of CRA's especially.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about pennies and create a good work/team environment. If you concentrated on making employees happy, you wouldn't have such a high turnover, how does executives not know this concept?

"If you love yourself you will eventually quit"

Former Employee - Research Technician in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Research Technician in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It looks cool to have on your resume if you are a student or recent college graduate in the sciences. So just work here for a couple of months then put in your 2-weeks notice and simply put... "I do not like being the Goliath of Urine & Feces." Everybody eventually leaves this place if they love themselves enough.

Cons

This place is a clinic of Urine & Feces. They trick young students or college graduates into getting a cool lab job that conducts cool Pharmaceutical Research. But what the job actually entails as a Research Tech is the handling of Urine & Feces. You will get particles of research participants Urine, Blood, & Feces all over you. It disgusted me so much. Scheduling dept is another issue. Some weeks you work 32-40 hours and other weeks you work 3 hours. NOT KIDDING!!!! Some weeks there is no work and they'll just give you a vacation. There was zero work in July 2016 the whole month NOBODY GOT PAID!!!!!! If the elderly ladies of Urine & Feces like you and think your funny then you may do well with the company. I just hated how everyone that worked there literally hated the job and had a bad attitude. And complained that they went to college and got a science degree to be a Lab Tech of Urine & Feces. Everyone there was SO depressed. I had to get out of there b/c I have an uppity positive personality. I eventually took a lower paying job which I am so much happier with b/c I am not the Goliath of Urine & Feces. Plus some of the research studies going on are probably borderline Unethical.

Advice to Management

Shut down your business and donate all your funds to the Environmental Protection Agency

"Poor work-life balance"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, Innovative, Culturally diverse

Cons

Poor work-life balance, high staff turnover, training program

"Challenging"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly staff Locally
    Flexible hours
    Free refreshments at some sites

Cons

Some areas have a total lack of effective line management
    Lack of cohesive management
    Strategy is only known to a few
    US centric - If the US doesn't like it or doesn't want it doesn't happen

11. "Interesting job"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Everyday you learn something new. The company provided with an amazing insurance

Cons

Did`t pay that well