Worldwide Clinical Trials "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Aug 26, 2019

3.7
Worldwide Clinical Trials Chief Executive Officer Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Pros
Cons
  • "not enough work - life balance due to the pressure from internal teams and sometimes clients(in 9 reviews)

• "team is not appreciated by the wider company and senior management(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews

"Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives. If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad,... 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement). My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand. Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be... average with most similar companies.

Advice to Management

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2014-02-27

"Don't come here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flex schedule, ability to work from home

Cons

Senior management is too big compared to size of company. SOPs and training are virtually non existent. Company is in dire need of ERP system to compete in 21st century business.

Advice to Management

Reduce your levels of senior management to cut overhead. Invest in training/developing your people; you'll have less turnover and your industry reputation will improve as a result.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2017-05-19

"Going downhill"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good to get you in the door. Everyone says severance is decent.

Cons

Things are going downhill. When I first started I thought it was just a transition period but almost three years later anyone who doesn’t have an office has one job - to make sure the executives get their payout when they sell which we keep hearing is soon but we don’t even know what’s going on anymore because they let go the one good executive who did the newsletter. The whole senior management team is run like a... frat house with no ethical compass. They always talk about doing the right thing but they spend money on huge tvs for their offices and brag about flying all over the country in first class then work from home the other days. The hours are terrible, HR is a joke and managers are afraid of standing up for themselves because they might be next on the layoff list. Worst part is it’s like hotel California, you can never leave. The company is starting to get a bad reputation in the industry which makes it really hard to find a new job.

Advice to Management

Leaders who refuse to listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2016-09-16

"Director, PM"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

Very nice people, decent benefits

Cons

Senior management was disorganized, no true vision for future, job was not as discussed, revolving door of employees

Worldwide Clinical Trials2016-02-22

"stressful"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Advice to Management

Standardize processes; Train employees;

Worldwide Clinical Trials2014-07-27

"Old story: small company purchased by global one; management loses sight of important things.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Casual work environment, no dress code, friendly and intelligent coworkers, freedom to manage own workload, collaboration generally encouraged.

Cons

Oppressive, paranoid atmosphere created by CEO and senior management, the manner in which kowtowing to management was quite blatantly proposed as the thing to do, workers not respected as the seasoned, experienced professionals they are, lots and lots of talk by middle managers and very little effort to address problems, company underpaying and being unconcerned about it while expecting the very best work at all... times, the age-old tension between quality and quantity, and quantity (fast-throughput) winning every time despite quality always being the wisest way to go, ultimately.

Advice to Management

Meet with experienced, long-time employees, even if they aren't managers, and find out what frustrates them on a daily basis. Then, instead of simply relaying the findings to your under managers, do some research and put an improvement plan in place yourself, and set your manager to following through with it with deadlines and accountability.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2013-12-27

"They're Okay. Not the best. Not the worst."

in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

Flexible working hours. Great team atmosphere. Very supportive middle management. Casual dress. Senior Management provided team building excerises (trips to baseball games etc).

Cons

In a word- disorganized. Total lack of communication between departments and between senior management and regular employees. More focus required in the regards to the needs of sponsors.

Advice to Management

Stop believing that the studies will run themselves once they are through start-up. This is simply not the case. This oculd be the difference between a completed study and a happy sponsor that will give the company repeat business.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2011-10-10
  8. "Good in parts"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Senior management a bit clueless. We just replaced Skype which meant we needed an email every day counting down to it which was childish and embarrassing. Salary is low and bonus... well, I don't think it's a stretch to call it insulting.

Cons

I work with some good people, and there are a few out there who work far harder than they should have to to deliver for our customers.

Advice to Management

Invest in your team, and run Worldwide as a business and not a vanity project.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2019-08-26

"Directionless small CRO with poor leadership"

Current Employee - Leadership in London, England

Pros

One or two decent employees keeping the company afloat.

Cons

Senior management lack professionalism have no concept of leadership or how to run a CRO. There is a culture of back stabbing and childish behaviour from C-suite down. A toxic place to work.

Advice to Management

The uncommon tag is ridiculous and is perceived as the unpopular CRO by customers. Treat employees with respect and lose the senior management who contribute nothing but noise.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2018-11-20

"Regulatory Affairs Team"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- friendly - helpful - never left feeling alone - hard working team - great management - great training and support - always learn new things within the team - overall great team to be part of

Cons

- team is not appreciated by the wider company and senior management - too many administrative tools to complete, therefore cant focus on actual regulatory work - not enough work - life balance due to the pressure from internal teams and sometimes clients.

Advice to Management

- Acknowledge and appreciate the Regulatory Affairs team. Without their hard work studies could not progress during start-up period. - Provide motivation to the team (whether it be team building activities or something else)

Worldwide Clinical Trials2018-10-09