Worldwide Clinical Trials "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldwide Clinical Trials Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 22, 2019

3.7
Worldwide Clinical Trials CEO Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Neal R. Cutler, M.D.
Pros
Cons
  • "not enough work - life balance due to the pressure from internal teams and sometimes clients(in 9 reviews)

• "team is not appreciated by the wider company and senior management(in 9 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company to grow with"

Current Employee - Finance in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance Strong benefits Flexible approach to hours and home based v office based

Cons

Need to work on recruiting faster

Worldwide Clinical Trials2019-03-22

"Don't go - Stat progrm"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Good benefits and good place if you like to try different areas

Cons

No work life balance. Constant chaos.

Advice to Management

Too much micro management that leads to waste of time, not efficient in managing clients. High turnover in US office and need to take a look true reason.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2017-09-22
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Company that wants to do the right thing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a FT employee in the Morrisville office for just under a year now. I am mid-level. I was attracted to Worldwide because we are global and because we are smaller than some of the other large CROs in town who seem to always be laying off employees or going through mergers, etc. Also, I'd feel like just another number there, whereas ere, I feel like I am a valued contributor. There has been a lot of... change since I began, however, management seems committed to communicating and helping employees understand why the changes are needed. Pay seems to be comparable to other CROs, there are opportunities for advancement if you work hard. Productivity is valued, as are people with ideas who speak up. The company is doing important work and helping save lives. Most people who work here understand that and want to do what they can to help with this mission. The Leadership Team, many of whom are based here, are approachable and willing to listen. The President invites people to call him anytime, and makes an effort to get around to all of our offices. He also hosts a quarterly global call with all employees to share what is going on.

Cons

There seems to be an improvement in morale since I have begin but there is more work to do. More focus on work-life balance and awards and recognition. The Morrisville office can feel empty and somewhat boring at times. No place to really collaborate or just talk to one another aside from the kitchen. It would be nice to have something done to spruce up the space here and do more social events, happy hours, etc.... for employees. The recent hockey game was fun! We also have a turnover issue, most likely related to how competitive our business is, but I hear there are plans underway to fix this. Many good people have left but we also have recently hired lots of good folks!

Advice to Management

Keep communicating! Also, let employees have a voice. The new Suggestion Box program is a good idea, commit to hearing the ideas and acting on them. Also, we could use a new Intranet, ours is....lacking... better ways of collaborating online would help a company like ours. Would also like to see a charity/CSR strategy, what are we doing to give back to our communities? This is important to folks in my generation.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2017-03-29

"Manager"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Leadership is focused on growth and hiring industry leaders to take the company to the next level. -Industry best benefits. -Strong HR support and hiring department. -Clinical Operations is highly focused on better rewards, work/life balance and incentives for CRA's.

Cons

Growing pains as new process' and strategies continue to evolve.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2017-02-06

"Poor work-life balance"

Pros

Nice people, Innovative, Culturally diverse

Cons

Poor work-life balance, high staff turnover, training program

Worldwide Clinical Trials2017-01-07
  7. "Resourcing Specialist"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time

Pros

Great company with high regard for work/life balance in their employees' lives.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2016-07-04

"Great people, do not invest in staff"

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredibly intelligent and talented work force. Project teams are very well managed and it is a great place to begin in the industry.

Cons

Leadership will not invest in their own staff and misleads employees about their future. Resourcing is a problem which mean heavy workloads and long hours. There is a disconnect between the initiatives of leadership and the needs of staff. Staff are told they will be trained and able to advance, but this never happens. This leads to WCT losing staff to other employers who are will to put them in higher positions.... Also for some reason they are stingy about work-life balance/flexibility. They limit office worker's ability to work from home (this is very unusual in the industry).

Advice to Management

Get organized. Invest at the bottom, instead of the top. Respect your employees' time and priorities. Listen to ALL your employees.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2016-04-07

"Worst ever."

Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Worldwide Clinical Trials for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are great.

Cons

Management continuously makes the same bad decisions over and over. There is absolutely no work-life balance - employees are expected to be available 24/7 at all times. Environment is utterly toxic.

Advice to Management

Consider the feedback given by the many employees who have left since 2013.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2016-02-24

"stressful"

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials

Pros

work from home option; reasonable compensation; competitive benefits

Cons

no work life balance; too many projects per employee; limited training on specific role with little or no mentoring of new employees; senior management does not really support for employees; to keep from passing costs on to clients, staff is overburdened with extra work;

Advice to Management

Standardize processes; Train employees;

Worldwide Clinical Trials2014-07-27

"Growing company with many opportunities for career advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Clinical Trials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, appropriate compensation/benefits I can only speak from my personal experience, but over the course of many years, I've been given many opportunities to prove myself and advance my own career. I've had the opportunity to work with all areas and leadership to see the company from varied perspectives. If I were to use the star-system as a rating (1-bad,... 2-needs improvement, 3-average, 4-good, 5-excellent), in terms of my position, work/life balance is 5 (I'm intrinsically motivated and understand that time and productivity must be balanced to benefit the company, in turn, benefiting the employee). Compensation is a 4 - truthfully speaking, everyone feels they should get paid more, so perfection is elusive. Career Opportunities is also a 4. No company seems invulnerable to the fluctuating market, but I feel I'm a strong contributor. Senior Management is 4 - I'm given lots of autonomy, but could use a slightly more open line of communication. Additionally, all of my direct supervisors have allowed me to use them in a mentor-like capacity (helping me with advancement). My overall rating is at a 4 (if taking the other areas and averaging the total). If I were to give a tip to prospective applicants - be flexible and open to change - if something is wrong, find a way to fix it.

Cons

Hectic work environment (at times), average job culture, (some) communication static The most evident aspect of the company is the rapid change associated with rapid growth. Although there are challenges, this is to be expected with a company rapidly moving to meet client demand. Culture / values sits at 3 due to the aforementioned breakneck pace of change and meeting client demand. I think the rating would be... average with most similar companies.

Advice to Management

Communication (even if brief). Praise employee strengths. Learn from employee weaknesses. Communicate again.

Worldwide Clinical Trials2014-02-27