Worldwide Express Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.9
Worldwide Express CEO Tom Madine
Tom Madine
Pros
  • "Great training program when you first start off(in 40 reviews)

• "The top 3 pros's for me is the work environment and my colleagues(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "NOTE: long hours at times isn't just a WWEX thing, it's any company(in 32 reviews)

• "Hard work pays off- like any sales job(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Outstanding Company

Feb 12, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is amazing Extensive Training Compensation A LOT of opportunity for growth

Cons

None that come to mind everything has truly been exceptional

HR Business Partner

Thanks for the positive remarks! We are committed to providing a world-class experience in each of the areas you mentioned, so it’s awesome to hear this feedback firsthand. We look forward to seeing you grow alongside the company!

2. 5.0

WWEX Work

Apr 28, 2021 - Sales Executive in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room to grow and an industry that isnt going anywhere fast.

Cons

Empty promises at times, constant turnover, and a very competitive industry to retain customers.

3. 1.0

RUN!!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Office is nice....but it somehow is also creepy and fake. If you have intuition, you'll pick up on the evil energy when you walk in.

Cons

They prey on the young and inexperienced giving them a job that NO ONE in their right mind would want to do, while paying you peanuts. Weird cult mentality and the CEO surrounds himself with yes-men. This is the job you take when you just need somehting temporary, while you're looking for a real job, where you'll be paid fairly, appreciated, and have the opportunity to work with other people who actually have a soul. Brainwashing is real, people!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Over promise and under deliver

Apr 17, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Culture of the company as a whole is very giving and they did a great job at acknowledging employees

Cons

On boarding process is nearly non existent They say they had a university to learn from for new hires but it is not completed so it doesn’t help. Manager was too busy to train and didn’t have a teaching bone in him Too many changes happening as they transition to being a Corp company and it hinders new hires from being successful or working out Shipping is a saturated market the idea of the company for ltl is great and their website is good but it’s a very difficult market to sell in! Also turnover of employees has hurt the local markets reputation

HR Business Partner

We appreciate you sharing this feedback. Though not all positive, it’s important for us to hear different perspectives as we work to continue to enhance the training portion of our onboarding program across each of our offices. We’ve already shared this feedback with the appropriate leaders. Additionally, we would love to discuss with you further to better understand how we can improve. If you’re open to sharing more, please contact us at HR@wwex.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Manages LTL shipments in specific territories/markets

Apr 11, 2021 - Freight Operations Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company with management and colleagues who really care about you and treat you well. Competitive pay with great benefits. Great opportunities to grow and learn.

Cons

Workload can be very stressful and customers can be very rude and unintelligent

HR Business Partner

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We love seeing positive remarks about our people, pay/benefits, and the many opportunities to learn and grow. We look forward to your continued success!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Hit 6 month number or cut

May 5, 2021 - Account Executive in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great there.

Cons

Hit your 6 month number or you will be cut. Selling UPS vs Fed-Ex. Strictly price driven.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Pros versus Cons

Apr 19, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and management

Cons

High turnover rate with sales rep

HR Business Partner

Thanks for the review! We love seeing positive comments about our company culture and management teams. While our turnover rates are on par with that of our industry, we’re always looking for new ways to improve retention. If you have additional feedback or ideas you’d like to share, please reach out to us at HR@wwex.com or check out our anonymous feedback tool - Thought Box, which is available to all employees in Connect.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great things I really liked it

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had so much fun all the time

Cons

Didnt have fun all the time

HR Business Partner

Thanks for the positive review!

9. 4.0

Good starter career

Apr 9, 2021 - Major Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic training; Meritocracy from a comp perspective

Cons

toxic culture at times; Extremely high turnover

HR Business Partner

We appreciate the positive review and are happy to hear you had a fantastic training experience! We pride ourselves on maintaining a phenomenal company culture, so we’d really like to better understand your perspective so we can address any issues accordingly. If you’re open to sharing more, please contact us at HR@wwex.com.

10. 1.0

Sexual harassment

Apr 25, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning about logistics, connecting with different companies

Cons

Reported my manager for sexual harassment. They gave him a warning and I ended up quitting because I was so uncomfortable. After two more girls reported him he was fired. Unbelievable.

HR Business Partner

It’s difficult to receive your feedback on this alleged occurrence. We are strongly committed to providing workplaces that are free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Such behaviors are unacceptable, regardless of whether the conduct is engaged in by a supervisor, co-worker, client, customer, vendor, or other party. Though you are a former employee, we would like to better understand these allegations as this is our first-time hearing about this. If you are open to sharing your perspective, please contact us at HR@wwex.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 582 Reviews