Worldwide Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 25, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours but totally worth it when you see the commission checks come in every month (in 25 reviews)

• This so called World Wilde Express a business model literally out of a time machine from the 1950's era of the knocking door to door vacuum salesman (in 10 reviews)

"Don't believe the hype"

I worked at Worldwide Express (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a sales manager, you can make money here. No pros to mention

Cons

The other reviewer is right. Corporate managers make their sales managers tell their people to write fake positive reviews. This place has super high turnover. There is a reason everyone here is right out of school. They talk about a "fun" environment and "cool" office space and some team building gimmicks to distract you from the fact you get worked to death for low pay. They make it sound like a glamorous job, but you're just scheduling freight and using dirty tactics to sign on customers. Suspicious billing practices. Phony, shady environment from top on down.

Advice to Management

Pay people more than minimum wage. Bill your customers honestly. Clean out the c suite

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not enough good to say about this company. They genuinely care about you and your future success. I continue to learn more everyday as they challenge me to do my best all while providing a fun professional environment. Not many people can say that they enjoy waking up early on Monday morning after a long weekend and driving to work, but I can! I am so lucky to have landed such an awesome opportunity.

Cons

Honestly, there are no cons that I have experienced here. Sometimes time management may get a little crazy but that's life in general, nothing bad to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you continue to everyday and support us and motivate us to do our best. We have the best business mentors in the industry here and they make you feel confident in your career.

3. "AE-No B2B Sales Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. I have had the opportunity to work for two Fortune 500 organizations after graduating college with a BSBA in Management and no experience I have ever had will ever compare to that of the WWE experience. I feel valued, heard, and supported every single day I come into work. The negative comments about this company, while shocking, can be true depending on what you make of the job. With no outside B2B sales experience prior to coming on, it is a TOUGH job. If you don't want to put in the time or effort to make yourself great and build your own book of business, then the only person you have to blame is yourself. I enjoy working late occasionally because I'm working for myself basically, we are our own managers. If you are not disciplined or don't have the desire to work hard to get where you want to be then this definitely isn't the place or job for you.

Again, I cannot say enough positive things about my market, corporate, my co-workers and peers, my mentors and coaches, the job itself, the culture, and the pay. It is all what you make it, but every opportunity to be successful is at your fingertips. Go out there and take it.

Cons

Again, hitting the ground running every day starting out is tough, but it's well worth it in the end. All things are difficult before they become easy and let's be real, there is no easy button in life. Either work for it, or don't, just don't blame others when you don't succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!!! The support and encouragement to do and be all we want to be is amazing. The numbers don't lie, and being one of the top companies for career advancement proves it. I have had multiple direct conversations with our top level executives and I have only been with the company for 9 months. That is saying something and also something that you would not be able to find anywhere else, at any other job with a large organization. Negative comments are a guide for improvement, but for those that do what needs to be done, there is little I could recommend in the realm of change.

"Shady"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Nampa, ID

I worked at Worldwide Express (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my coworkers, and the office culture every morning! They were--hands down--the best part of the job.

Cons

The work was hard (which is not a con in and of itself), but it also swiftly became pointless. This is an outdoor sales job, and you spend 80% of your day going door-to-door to get small and medium-sized businesses to switch their logistics providers. However, once you DO convince them to switch, you will spend the majority of your time fixing issues with their invoices (they are ALWAYS wrong), and with the service they receive from our providers. Although initially it seems like you're doing a service for these companies by saving them money, ultimately they end up spending much more than they did originally. I could not in good conscience continue working for a company so unable to get their act together.

5. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worldwide Express is one of the most amazing places to be employed. I am currently in management in the corporate office and I can honestly say this has been my dream job. From the perks to the flexibility and the work is truly rewarding. You always see the fruits of your labor. Things are always evolving and your creativity and insight will always be considered. I am honestly shocked by some of the things I have seen regarding our office on here because I have been here almost a year and have yet to encounter any of the negativity and drama. Issues as such are not tolerated on my team and we have no problem addressing them accordingly. I look forward to continuing to grow.

Cons

I can say a lot of friendships are already established due to longevity but that is any where in life and career. You get close to whom you wish here or you can be an absolute hermit if you would like. All in all this is a con if you allow it to be.

I think the salaries could stand to be bumped up a tad to match market value but who doesn't want to make more money. Again its a con if you allow it to be.

The insurance is high as heck for someone with a family but I am a tad bias given I came from the medical industry where my benefits were covered for my family. Another eye of the beholder con.

Advice to Management

Continue growing and hiring the right people. Building the HR and Marketing departments have been one of the best decision ever!

"It's a corrupt business and the office manager is the worst manager I've ever had."

Former Employee - Account Executive/Territory Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Territory Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Except they pay. Everyday as this job was miserable because of the pressure by management and uncomfortable workplace they create.

Cons

Management, uncomfortable workplace. They just want to take advantage of you. Definitely play favorites, and when you ask for help or advice, the management is always "too busy" or unwilling to talk and help. Literally the worst job I've ever had. Micromanaged, you can still meet/exceed quotas and then they let you go so the management can reap the benefits and commission that you brought in instead of you getting it. I can't even fully put into words how miserable this job is.

Advice to Management

Go to hell

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Independence, OH

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Develop 'Thick Skin' from the continuous and daunting task of door to door cold calling.

Cons

Terrible company to work for. Utilizes young recent college graduates to churn leads for them knowing you will not be there very long, making them 'house accounts' when you are either fired or quit.

8. "No Company Can Compare!"

Current Employee - Freight Administration in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Freight Administration in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly this is onw of the best companies to work for! I work for the Dallas Corporate officer and find the atmosphere and culture fantastic. The management here is absolutely fantastic and they are constantly supporting you in your efforts to move up within the company. I don't get why people are constantly talking about the drama in the corporate office. No matter where you go there are going to be those few people who cause issues, it is just the way of life. The management here does a fantastic job of taking care of any issues that arise. I have never seen the management play favorites. People who work hard get rewarded, people who slack off don't, end of story.

The company does their due diligence to train you and make sure you are prepared for your job within the company. There are constantly training opportunities and the middle and upper management are always available when you need them.

I seen nothing but team work and support here on the Corporate team and would recommend working here to anyone.

Cons

The freight industry is ever changing and sometimes it is difficult to keep up. It is hard work whether you are at the corporate officer or in a sales office. I think you are going to find that with any other job though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! You guys are working hard to make sure this is a fantastic place to work.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The list could go on and on about why it's a pro to work with WWEX. Bottom line, you can believe this post or not, WWEX offers you the training that no other company has to offer. I have a ton of friends in different sales roles / manager roles and I'm not here to put down their companies or skill set, but you can tell the level of professionalism. I'm running the entire sales process. From getting the lead, to setting the meeting, to selling the customer, to setting the customer up, to following up with the customer. To most it might sound like a ton of work, and it is at times, but if you're goal driven and want to someone run your own company, these are things you need to learn.

Money is great. But lets face it. If you're a half way decent sales guy you'll make good money. WWEX doesn't just want you to be a sales rep, they want you to grow into a businessman.

I would have done the job for minimum wage just because of the training I received

I've read reviews on here and I cant speak for other offices across the country, but I will say this, my office has produced year in and year out top reps and top office.

Cons

no con besides stressful at times and that's with anything, I signed up for this and in the long run I know any con is beneficial in the long run

Advice to Management

Not so much advice, I guess if anything being a senior rep I would like more advanced trainings / mentorships. But, I'm sure that will come

10. "Great Training, Development and Compensation"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great training and development program. Their training program was top-notch. Development was clearly outlined from the day I started to my everyday development. Great B2B sales experience. Learned a lot about myself. Truly enjoyed the company and experience.

Cons

Be ready to work hard to earn your way up in this company. You will work hard but the compensation is fair for the work you have to put in.

Advice to Management

None really. My managers were great to work under.