Worldwide Express Senior Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Worldwide Express CEO Tom Madine
Tom Madine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours but totally worth it when you see the commission checks come in every month (in 25 reviews)

• Gets boring quick walking door to door asking people if they ship fedex or ups every day (in 10 reviews)

1. "Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program. Learned a lot about the sales cycle and really helped my professional growth. Wouldn't be where I am at today without this company

Cons

Mileage on my vehicle. You are on the road all day and the gas allowance does not cover much of what you actually do in a city like Dallas/Fort Worth. The hidden wear and tear on my vehicle made the job less profitable.

2. "Awesome company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, company outings, recognized for talent. Also this company honors promoting from within! Will make sure you have everything you need to succeed.

Cons

Nothing comes to mine. After corporate took over they went full force on the direction internally they needed to change.

3. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good training, management cares about you, ability to get in front of business owners on a daily basis.

Cons

Physically knocking on doors for business is draining and the most least glamorous part of the job. Tough to move up since it's franchise based.

Advice to Management

Higher base salary for senior reps, better commission structure. Market the company, not rely on strictly cold calls.

4. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The company is very fast paced
    -Young company and consistently growing
    -Great opportunity for high reward, Input = Output
    -Fast advancement

Cons

-The hours can be long but it's solely on you. This goes back to getting out of the company what you put in.

5. "Life Altering Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Worldwide Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My professional & personal development at WWE has been staggering. I came in as an unfocused talent & in 2 years was transformed into a polished leader in charge of managing one of the largest markets in the nation. When you compare a Worldwide Express Account Exec to an Outside Sales Rep from any other company, the Worldwide guy will be noticeably stronger from cold call to close.

Cons

This job is HARD WORK. This is not the cushy pharmaceutical sales job every freshly minted college grad fantasizes about. This is a highly competitive, pavement pounding, grind. If you're soft or distracted this job will grind you down, but if you commit to being successful here, than you will be.

This will either be the worst $40k job you've ever had, or the best six figure job you've ever had.

Advice to Management

Continue creating new roles & positions within the company to accommodate our on going growth.

6. "Worldwide Express has exceeded my expectations from day one."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

Pros

I've been with WWE for over 10 years now. I think that by itself tells you what my feelings and thoughts are about this organization. If you like to make excuses, have self pity, or want to be mediocre in life, this isn't the place for you. If you want to be successful, control your future, and have financial success, this is one heck of a company to do that with. The biggest pro is the business model. There are only 2 companies in the entire USA that can legally resell UPS. We're one of them. We only have one competitor in Fed Ex. How many people can say that? How many people can say they work in a duopoly?

Cons

Not the right place for slackers, people looking for shortcuts in life, or non-motivated individuals.