Worldwide TechServices Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Worldwide TechServices President and CEO Dov Horowitz
Dov Horowitz

Pros
  • You never have to see your boss and work from home (in 7 reviews)

• Flexible schedule for those that would like to have this as a second job or for college students (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • As a part time job, there are NO benefits whatsoever (in 21 reviews)

• if they hire part time just think about no raise and no full time position (in 15 reviews)

1. "Associate Field Engineer Level II"

Former Employee - Associate Field Engineer in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Field Engineer in Aurora, IL

I worked at Worldwide TechServices full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work experience, terrific management, lots of different commercial and consumer products they service everyday.

Cons

Need better technical support from different vendors you support like: HP and Dell for sure.

Advice to Management

Raise your cents per mile from 33 cents to the government based which is 57 cents a mile. Keep your technicians informed with any new information regarding changes to the company. Make sure that the parts are ordered correctly and sent to the correct drop off location meaning FedEx or UPS.

"Part time field tech as a starting job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Worldwide TechServices part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of good online trainings available and the job gives a good hand on experience as well. For enthusiasts it is a good way to start a career and experience the culture of at home repair challenges.

Cons

My position was an on-call, part time technician, where I had to use my own car and my own equipment. There was no in person interview or training and the work is more or less measured only based on the time it took to fix a computer and whether there was any negative feedback from the client.

"Field associate"

Pros

I like working on latest computers, meeting (mostly) nice people, not being stuck inside same office every day.

Cons

As a part time job, there are NO benefits whatsoever. My schedule is not known until 8am each morning making it hard to plan any other daily activities. Pay is hourly based on times posted for each call and they pressure you to hurry up and finish quickly. If they have no calls on any certain day, I get no pay (this happens often).

"15 years of service and counting."

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As long as you do your job and do it correctly, you will rarely hear from management.

Cons

BYOT, bring your own tools for computer repair. This is not uncommon in the industry. Not a serious con, but still something to think about if you are considering employment.

Advice to Management

A yearly review would give us something to work toward and assist in self improvement.

"Lack of personal connection"

Former Employee - Senior IT Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior IT Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Worldwide TechServices (More than 10 years)

Pros

Annual income is good. There are good benefits

Cons

As a post on my Linkedin account said, it is the job of the manager to "Never push a loyal person to the point where they do not care." The pay wasn't great, but made a good income due to the amount of overtime. However, working 50 to 60 hour weeks eventually gets to a person.

Advice to Management

Your corporate rules are so strict that they do not work with the employee. I was fired for not updating a call. I was a very good tech, but my bipolar made it hard sometimes to keep up with all the paperwork. You lost a good tech.

"Field service technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Work from home. Other then that, nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

Many cons. Low pay, not enough hours, no raises, poor management. You will drive your car thousands of miles, running it in to the ground and when the time comes for service you can't afford to get anything fixed. I don't know who this job is good for and I feel like an idiot for staying as long as I have. Lazy I guess.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay of the techs in the field. Pretty soon the minimum wage increase will force you to. The pay is just barely over minimum wage.

"WWTS is a bottom feeder. Experienced career minded IT technicians beware!"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices full-time

Pros

Good for getting you feet wet as a tech. Good for getting a sense of what low end IT work looks and feels like. Good for experience.As! you will likely never experience a better example corporate staffing failures as you would experience in dealing with WWTS's HR, Payroll, Project management executives. Good example of a "world class" IT service model that is engineered and revised daily with zero regard for basic clerical functions

Cons

This company drops the ball a lot. The management is aloof at best and shameless about it. Technicians are dime a dozen in WWTS's current (bottom feeders) staffing model. A real tech will be shocked at the reality that the executives calling the shots are not technical at all. i mean really, really not technical !! And not interested in technical issues.

Advice to Management

Spend more money on upper management. you get your paying for in technology.
    please ! hire some clerical talent. Everybody does not have to have a management position.

"computer technician"

Former Employee - Computer Technician in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Computer Technician in Chicago, IL

I worked at Worldwide TechServices (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to schedule service visits at the customers convenience. Not being pressured by management about whereabouts every hour of the day. Pretty much your own boss as long as you do your job in a professional way.

Cons

No compensation for service rendered. Lack of management listening to employees concerns. No raises for extended periods of time. Raises did not cover rising costs of insurance. No merit increases or annual reviews.

Advice to Management

Need to be more responsive to employees concerns. Need to have management involved with day to day operation. Management needed to spend time with technician to experience what the position involves, its not a position that can be analyzed on paper and service models. Practically every service call could be different.

"Fielder Service Technician"

Pros

flexible time scheduling, and the ability to be active

Cons

customer service aspect to it, you're in the field and have to gas up park and visit each location

Advice to Management

More communication, especially when there's a pick up or slow down of orders

"wwts review by employee"

Current Employee - Field Tech in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Worldwide TechServices part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy management

Cons

they under pay employees and break the laws as far as reimbursing employees for time and car allowances