Worldwide101 Reviews | Glassdoor

Sandra Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Business Support Specialist"

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like making my own schedule and being home for my family. I work with some truly top-notch clients on interesting projects. I have developed a great rapport with my clients. The company culture is positive and genuine. There is a support team to assist in many challenges!

Cons

It can be a new challenge, but also an opportunity, to juggle priorities between clients.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the efforts of team communication and "working together apart."

"All-Around Fantastic Company!"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The flexible, self-determined work schedule allows for the best work/life balance I've ever had. Another huge pro would be the amazingly supportive, professional, and family-friendly team. The clients, too, have been wonderful and interesting each in their own unique way.

Working for Worldwide101 has been such a blessing and I recommend/rave about them all the time!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons specific to Worldwide101. If you have never worked remotely before, you may discover some troubles in adjusting to virtual work, but I would say that Worldwide101 is actually very helpful with this transition/lifestyle in many ways versus going it alone (friendly support, advice, tools, billing/invoicing, etc.).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I feel not just supported but also valued, which is so very important and fuels my daily motivation. I hope to continue working with Worldwide101 for many years to come!

"Amazing Company to Work for!!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worldwide101 is an amazing company to work for and I am so grateful to be part of the team! To be able to work 100% remote, allows me to work from anywhere I wish and to create a healthy work/life balance. They carefully consider the needs of each client and match them to the right virtual assistant. The management and support team are wonderful and are always there if you need anything at all. Can't say enough good about this wonderful company!

Cons

There are no cons for this company.

"Love Being a Part of the Worldwide 101 Team"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Whitefish, MT
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Whitefish, MT

I have been working at Worldwide101 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fortunate to live and work in a beautiful, remote area away from the hustle and bustle of my previous East coast pace. With Worldwide 101, I was able to set the pace. I started out as part-time and gradually transitioned to full time.

I thoroughly enjoy the diversity of my roles for each client and their respective industries.

I was afraid that my skills would become out of date once I left the corporate world but nothing is farther from the truth. I have learned a ton of new stuff ranging from accounting software, data analytics/visualization tools and scheduling tools.

Worldwide 101 has incredible support and a true open-door policy. The guidance, suggestions, encouragement, praise and team spirit I enjoy with Worldwide 101 is such a gift. Additionally, I work closely with 2 other VAs and value the camaraderie and support they provide.

It all comes down to being able to live the active life I want while providing value to wonderful clients and Worldwide 101’s team of very talented people.

Cons

I don't have any cons to share. Instead I offer advice: have dependable Internet and travel with a mobile hotspot device

Advice to Management

I love management's positive and kind approach. I love the newsletters! Keep up all the fun team building! Thank you, Sandra, for your vision and leadership!

5. "Worldwide101 Was just what I was looking for"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Chautauqua, NY
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Chautauqua, NY

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and screening program, flexible work schedules, excellent communication with employees, immediate reimbursement. I had been working free-lance for several years and my major problems were finding new customers and billing for services. Both of these problems are non-existent with Worldwide 101. Their process to match clients with staff is well planned and smooth, to guarantee that both are happy with the results. Worldwide also offers tips and training for programs that are available to help in every aspect of the job. I have learned about programs that I never would have known about without their suggestions and updates. The work is variable and interesting as the clients come from diverse business sectors around the world. Finally, Worldwide 101 is concerned that BOTH the client and the employee are happy, so it's a WIN-WIN!

Cons

The only Cons that I had were my own doubts when I got started. Since I have been up and running, everything has been positive!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I am very happy to be a part of Worldwide 101's team.

"Flexible and Friendly!"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time

Pros

I love the have-computer-will-travel life that Worldwide 101 offers me. I have family responsibilities that keep me on the road. Worldwide 101 offers me the chance to keep up my skills, and have a full and meaningful personal life. What I didn't expect--that is a huge plus-- is a helpful and understanding culture that empowers and encourages Worldwide 101 staff. There's always somebody ready to pinch in and help or offer expertise when you need them.

Cons

If you've never worked remotely before, it is an adjustment. Like being your own boss, proper scheduling and setting boundaries is up to you.

"Flexibility and growth are not exclusive!"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Worldwide101 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working with Worldwide101 since around Fall of 2014. As I'm a U.S. based employee, I've been with the company both as an independent contractor to start with and now as an employee. My husband is currently active duty military, and so since we move every year or so, I was struggling to grow my career and maintain the type of employment I was qualified for and interested in pursuing. Worldwide101 has been an absolute dream! I've been able to work with interesting, innovative clients and grow my own skillset while having the flexibility to work from a home office (wherever home is!). Perhaps what's been the most pleasant surprise is that I've really been able to work with clients with whom I am an excellent fit, and where I'm furthering my career track along with serving them: entrepreneurs, small businesses, coaches and non-profits.

Cons

Working remotely is not for everyone. I thrive in having a dedicated home office (with a closing door) where I go at the same time every morning with my bag, my planner and my coffee - just as I would head into a regular office. I dress professionally and give myself "casual Fridays" to keep motivated and keep things in perspective. While there are certain limitations to this path, I have found it to be extremely rewarding and a great fit for the life I've chosen!

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful work! Management is always supportive to the team, be it about issues with clients, questions about compensation or the company in general, or through transitional periods. From the top down, Worldwide101 lives the values it claims!

8. "Recommended to anyone look for a fulfilling career with flexibility!"

Current Employee - Virtual Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Virtual Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Finding Worldwide101 was such a great fit for me. I have a young child but still wants to work, use my project management skills and actually gain some new ones. With Worldwide101 I get to set my own schedule, meet my clients in advance, get support and technical help from the management team. I have 4 clients and I adore them all!

Cons

Nothing - this has been the perfect fit so far - and for the foreseeable future.

Advice to Management

Shout from the rooftops, as this is a great place to work.

9. "Fantastic company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Worldwide101 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great company culture, despite being remote you feel like you are part of the team.
    - Your needs and wants are taken into consideration when you are being assigned clients which allows you to create your schedule while enjoying what you do.
    - The support team is fantastic and always ready to help resolve any issue you may have.
    - You can work from anywhere!

Cons

I can't think of any.

"Love my job working from home"

Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Support Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Worldwide101 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working for Worldwide 101! Work from home positions can seem too good to be true so I did a TON of research before I applied to be sure it was the real deal.

You have total control of which clients you want to work with. You’ll receive a resume of the client, what their looking for, skills required, how many hours a month, etc. You can say “nope, not for me” and that’s fine. They encourage you to be totally honest because they truly want both parties to be happy. An unhappy assistant is an unhappy client….
    I
    The best part of working for this company is the support. Even though my operations manager is in France, she is immediately responsive to my emails and we Skype regularly, on my time, to catch up. I have never worked with such a kind and supporting group. Truly. I love the freedom that working from home provides me but choosing my clients allows me to also choose my hours. Living in California, I choose to work with a client in Chicago that allows me to be done by 3:00. LOVE IT.

If you ever wanted to work from home but couldn’t find the right company, I cannot endorse Worldwide 101 more. When you spend half your life working, it doesn't make sense to be unhappy with your job.

Cons

Working with Worldwide 101 you are a 1099, as such there are no benefits. This is all outlined during the application and interview process so it's not a con for me, you just have to decide if it's right for you.