Wpromote Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Encourage a healthy work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are the benefits you can read about on the website like massages (my personal favorite), fine wine Friday, fun events, fresh fruit, bagels, etc" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Salary is far below industry standards-" (in 6 reviews)

• "THERE ARE NO CONS, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this company" (in 5 reviews)

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

-Great place to learn and grow
    -Management wants you to succeed and will give you the proper tools to do so
    -Company culture
    -Flexible working schedule
    -Lot of potential for growth

Cons

-clients can be demanding but that is any agency anywhere

2. "Senior Content Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great flexibility and work/life balance: There have been very few days in my 4.5 years at this company where I've felt extremely overly worked or rundown.
    - Unlimited PTO: Seriously amazing. This perk alone has kept me from turning down jobs that paid much higher.
    - Fun environment: The corporate culture is relaxed, young, fun and modern. From ping pong to fine wine Fridays, WP works hard to make the office an environment you want to be in.
    - Occasional work from home: available in most departments.
    - Great higher-ups: They listen to what you have to say and respond in a timely manner.
    - Maternity/paternity/baby bonding period: I haven't used this personally, but have seen our offerings compared to other company maternity policies and it's pretty great.

Cons

If you're in the LA office, you're golden. You'll get the full experience. But some of the other remote offices that are smaller lack some of the cool perks i.e. in-person training, the pet-friendly environment, etc. Sometimes you don't feel like you're as involved at the remote offices and like you're missing out.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and their needs. I know you guys are trying your best, but the more perks you can provide the remote offices, the better.

"Down hill"

Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wpromote full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Snacks, some co-workers, new office

Cons

This company is expanding too quickly to address its glaring problems because it values profit over clients or workers. It cannot handle its current workload at the expense of employee health and efficiency. It was founded by high school friends that hired other fellow high school classmates that now outfit the C-level and various higher positions. Unfortunately, they do not reward competence as much as claimed. Before I left, multiple departments became understaffed and/or poorly run to the extent of negatively influencing client outcomes, even causing several clients to drop Wpromote. The C-levels are way out of their league here. On the surface, they suggest they invest in culture and oversee various superficial events that speak to their beliefs, but the events largely waste employee's time and do not teach them much that's worthwhile.

Disregard recent position reviews, which are written by scared, young colleagues straight out of college with no agency experience.

Advice to Management

Focus on your clients by supporting employees with more than snacks. Don't under pay your workers by 10-20k per department and then over commit them to more clients than is feasible or advisable. Investing in outside recruiters to restaff some of your executives would improve efficiency, profit, and moral. Snacks are lovely, but investing in the quality and competency of your company matters more.

Oct 7, 2018 – VP, People & Culture

Thank you for your comment and feedback, and I'm sorry to hear after 5 years with us you didn't end on a positive note.

We do hear you and acknowledge that we are growing rapidly and are working... More

"Yeesh"

I worked at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks, convenient location, WFH opportunities, summer fridays

Cons

Where to begin?
    This agency doesn't actually care about client success as much as it does profit and upselling. They hire kids right from out of college and scare them into writing Glassdoor reviews literally on their first day, if you wonder why so many of these reviews are positive.

Management is gossipy, my supervisor was honestly the worst boss I've ever had in this industry who would constantly lie, yell at employees in front of the office and I'm pretty sure she has no soul. They overload you with clients, when I left I had nine clients, and the turnover rate for them was unreal. Clients would consistently say they weren't getting their money's worth, and I agreed. The contracts they'd agree to would sign them up for outdated SEO and blogging practices and we'd get them nowhere. So in order to actually make a difference, guess what? We'd charge them more, and they'd get upset and leave. This happens constantly.

The vibe in my office was toxic. Only about 20 employees and when new hires started management wouldn't even bother to introduce them around the office, leaving things as awkward as can be. This agency will continue to make money because of their sketchy new business practices and I met (some) nice people along the way.

But overall this was the worst agency experience I ever had. I learned literally nothing, was constantly made to feel stupid, yelled at and talked down to constantly by a management team that couldn't deal with their own insecurities, told me I wasn't "enthusiastic enough" even though I'd work hard constantly and meet all client and internal expectations, while being subjected to listening to pop country music for eight hours a day. This place shatters confidence, uses scare tactics as a management style and is ripping off clients left and right.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, People & Culture

Thank you for taking time to comment as we take feedback seriously and your input will allow us to continually improve and ensure we are fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment . We are... More

5. "Incredible Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

- Dress however you want
    - Dogs in the office
    - Catered meal options
    - Great training program, very organized and thorough
    - Flexible working schedule
    - Management cares
    - Clear cut growth path
    - Unlimited PTO (and they actually expect you to take time off, unlike most 'guilt PTO' environments)
    - They cater training and management to each person, and allow you to focus on your strengths

Cons

None other than those associated with working at an agency.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure the offices outside of LA feel included.

6. "Awesome Company & Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly Coworkers
    - Dog Friendly Office
    - Awesome Team Bonding Activities and Company Events
    - So Many Perks - Unlimited PTO, 1/2 Day Summer Fridays, Vacation Day for Birthdays
    - Thorough Training Process - Questions are Always Welcome and Encouraged
    - Great Place to Learn Digital Marketing - Thoughts and New Ideas to Improve Processes and Company Culture are Highly Encouraged

Cons

None come to mind at this point.

Aug 14, 2018 – VP, People & Culture

Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing that you are having an awesome experience with us and that you are being encouraged and supported in sharing new ideas to improve processes! Keep the... More

"I feel like I've finally found the company I've been looking for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wpromote really strives to promote a healthy work-life balance amongst employees. Think unlimited PTO, flexible work from home policy, half days every other Friday during the summer, your birthday off, etc. Everyone at the company LOVES dogs, and a few locations are dog-friendly. Snacks, beer, games. But the biggest pro is the company culture. Management, at all levels, is very approachable and invested in each individual's experience with the company. They're constantly asking for feedback on how they can improve, and unlike a lot of companies they actually listen. My onboarding was a breeze, Lizzie is an amazing recruiter! I had always heard people talk about how much they love going to work every day, which made 0 sense to me until I started working at Wpromote.

Cons

Really can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and doing what you're doing! It's working!

8. "Dream Company"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming from retail, this job is literally a dream come true. Any job can boast about paid holidays and weekends off in the marketing industry, but do they offer half day Fridays during the summer, a dog-friendly modern office space with ping pong, Friday night parties, huge events, amazing health benefits, free bagels on Fridays, free breakfast everyday of the week AND unlimited PTO? Wpromote offers all of that and more. And while sure, these perks are fun, what really matters is having a clear, cut path to grow and directors that want to help you reach your goals. It's an incredible company.

Cons

If there were any cons, they would be very minimal.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The HUGE changes in benefits, unlimited PTO, etc have been amazing!

"A good agency with an antiquated team structure"

I worked at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Free/discounted food/wine/beer
    - Smart/good people
    - Dog-friendly

Cons

- Most people are severely over-worked
    - Lack of support
    - Company has outgrown current management
    - Poor client services model
    - Slow to change/adapt

Advice to Management

Be a challenger agency internally. Going after large clients is great, but you need to have the right teams and structure in place to service them well.

"Great place to learn"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Lot's of one-on-one time with managers
    Host seminars frequently

Cons

Seems like it has high turnover amongst its young entry level crowd. Still a good place to learn and grow though.