Wpromote Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are the benefits you can read about on the website like massages (my personal favorite), fine wine Friday, fun events, fresh fruit, bagels, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Wpromote also offers great work/life balance, which is something I value greatly (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • THERE ARE NO CONS, I had a hard time finding anything wrong with this company (in 5 reviews)

• Also, i started when there were about 30 employees and we ballooned quickly so there were some real growing pains involved (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fast Paced, High Growth, Amazing Company"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

The most dynamic, fastest growing firm of its kind, great team, offices nationwide, ability to advance, great benefits, fair pay.

Cons

Definitely not a good fit if you aren't used to working your butt off, not for the meek or lazy.

Advice to Management

Involve the different smaller offices as much as possible so everyone feels included.

2. "Best Places to Work"

Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Wpromote part-time

Pros

Friendly dogs, friendlier managers, abundant sunshine.

Cons

No cons come to mind!

"I look forward to coming to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart & friendly co-workers, supportive management, fun environment with things like ping pong & bocce ball, excellent training, productive learning environment

Cons

The salary is a bit lower than industry standards.

4. "Great work, but bottom line focused"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

Culture in the main office is very fun and focused on making sure you like coming into the office.
    Caliber of work provided to clients is amazing.
    Employees are constantly encouraged to learn more about the industry.
    Plenty of extracurriculars.

Cons

All non-LA offices are seen by management as secondary.
    Employees are often let go due to "redundancy"
    Workloads are poorly managed
    Employees are heavily pressured and expected to participate in activities and events outside of regular workload, regardless of whether they have time or not.

Honestly, it depends greatly on which office you're in and what department you're in.

Advice to Management

Focus a little more on employee retention.

Wpromote Response

Aug 1, 2017 – COO

Thank you for providing your feedback. I think you raise some valid points. Wpromote is definitely focused on the financial health of the business, so we're always looking at the top line, the bottom... More

5. "Review of the agency Wpromote"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

It is very competitive inside the company.

Wpromote Response

Aug 1, 2017 – COO

We appreciate your review and hope that we can improve while you continue to work with us. If you have specific feedback for how we can make adjustments to create a better working environment for our... More

6. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Paid Search Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, you can't beat the community and environment of this company. The people here are not just co-workers and not just friends, they are a group of like-minded people who share an extraordinary ability to be both interpersonally-enjoyable and also professionally-savvy.

Cons

The company is still expanding and growing quickly, so there can be some gaps in process(es) and their effectiveness.

Advice to Management

More clarity in training and management.

"90 Day Review"

I have been working at Wpromote full-time

Pros

I genuinely love the company and the people I work with! I always feel encouraged to share my ideas and feel like I am making a real difference.

Cons

I have no cons so far!

8. "Too Many Pros To List"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many pros it's difficult to list them. Wpromote has taught me so much in so many different areas of account management, client communication, and business development. My team is made up of the most talented, inspiring, supportive people who make coming to work every day a serious joy. As the company has grown, we've been given even more tools to really succeed in the ever-changing world of digital marketing, and I actually believe in the results that our processes produce for our clients. I've always felt that my supervisors have been invested in my personal growth, and they have always been wiling to help shape my Wpro experience around my goals and expectations. I could not have been more lucky to find Wpromote, and can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Starting salary isn't as high as many competitors, which at the outset can be discouraging. However, the company has worked tirelessly to increase salaries across the board as we grow, and are very open to talk about compensation anytime throughout the year - you don't have to wait until annual reviews come around.

Advice to Management

Continue making employees feel empowered to make real change throughout the company. Because of the management's openness, I truly feel that I understand why decisions are made, and know that even when I disagree with them, they are made for good reasons. Always remember that transparency requires action, & isn't just a buzzword to throw around.

"Good Company With Typical Agency Drawbacks"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - SEO Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Wpromote full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wpromote is a fun, savvy, and predominantly young company. You'll learn a ton and mostly have fun while working. The benefits are great, and there's a TON of talented smart people to learn from.

That said - the Los Angeles office is the office to be if you have a choice. The other offices (Chicago and the newly acquired other offices) are all going through growing pains and will take time to reach the level L.A. is currently at. Speaking from experience from the Chicago office, it's currently run like a start-up, but will hopefully be up to speed by the end of the year.

Cons

There's questionable leadership depending on the service you go into. Furthermore, workloads are poorly managed and many employees fly under the radar so you could either work 2 hour days or 11 hour days depending on your service and location.

Finally, like any agency, it's playing the game (so to speak) that will get you ahead. Know that you will be judged just as much, if not more, by how well you deal with others and your general social status, but in my experience, this is typical in agencies - especially young ones, so don't let this stop you from considering Wpromote.

Advice to Management

Promote based on skill and not time worked. Also, take cues from well-run departments and apply them across the services instead of completely segmenting and separating each channel. People from SMB should teach people in PPC, SEO, and so on. In my time there it felt more departments were competiting with one another more so.

*To be fair, a lot of the team building activities they've developed do not stretch well across to the other offices just yet*

Finally (and most importantly), figure out what the Content Marketing department should be. There's a lot of great, talented people being left to rot under poor leadership and a mountain of excuses. If I were being completely honest, the leaders in CM need to be completely gutted in order for the department to succeed. (Note: I was not in Content Marketing, so take this for what you will)

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wpromote full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best colleagues in the business. This is a great opportunity to work with some really fantastic, dedicated people, who genuinely want to change the world of online marketing.

Cons

None really, if you work hard, you will continue to advance, if not, you will not succeed like most things.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to do some of the things that we did in the beginning. Bureaucracy is inevitable when you become large, but do your best to avoid it, and cut it out whenever possible.