KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 245 of over 265 reviews

4.5
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner

What people are saying about Wpromote

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "aggressive, rude management.(in 16 reviews)
  • "The company continues to offer low salaries(in 11 reviews)
  • "In line with the common them of low pay.(in 7 reviews)
  • "I didn't feel like the senior leadership had a solid oversight over some of the paid media.(in 6 reviews)
  • "As the experienced managers become saddled with training, managing their own clients, and managing the new manager's clients, things come unraveled.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wpromote and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great Place to Build Your Career

Apr 29, 2022 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Culture of trust, respect, and collaboration • Company growth creates career growth opportunities for employees • Data-driven decision making • People care about each other!

Cons

• Fast, agency pace can be tough for some

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best & Most Talented Agency Out There!

May 18, 2022 - Senior Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wpromote is one of the best agencies out there to work for. I've worked for many different agencies, both giant powerhouses, and localized smaller agencies, but WPromote is by far the best place to work. Everyone is brilliant (seriously everyone) and talented helping to drive coworkers forward. They have competitive pay, reoccuring promotional cycles, and really care about professional and personal goal growth. I have never worked at an agency that cares so much about work-life balance with 4.5 day work weeks (half-day Fridays every Friday-- They do encourage you to take it) and has such transparent leadership and team directors who care about your well-being & future at the company. As far as agencies go-- WPromote is truly the best place to work & most digital-savvy in terms of tech and advancement. You will leave 100x smarter than when you started.

Cons

No Cons-- I love Wpromote.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exclusive Boys Club Culture

Apr 8, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- half day Fridays -- when you get a chance to use them - kudos and compliments are given out often

Cons

I'm in the digital intelligence team and there are overall very few women and POC. We have biweekly department meetings and it's very much a boys club. I've noticed that it is extremely rare that women get a voice in these meetings. The ones dominating the conversation are white men. They don't seem to even notice or care that only the same few men are talking each meeting. The small talk is almost exclusively about sports or movies targeted for men. In my department within the digital intelligence team, there are not any women in a leadership position. I'm torn between suggesting this job to female applicants because I want more women on the team, but I know it's not the best culture here for us. Also, the vast majority of people here have been here under 1 year. Only one person on my team have been here for over a year so the turn over is huge.

4 people found this review helpful

Wpromote Response

SVP, People & Culture

Thank you for taking time to write a review and share your feedback. We can’t improve without hearing from our people, and an inclusive culture across teams is one of our biggest priorities. These concerns will be discussed with your team leadership. If you are comfortable, I’d also encourage you to talk to the POPS team directly so we can get more specifics and ensure the right solutions are put into place. Inclusivity is an ongoing focus, and we want to make sure we’re setting up the right mechanisms, training, and leadership to make sure everyone feels included, regardless of team. We take this seriously and it is especially important to get foundational items like inclusivity right and continue to ensure Wpromote remains a place you want to be and refer others.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don’t believe the high rating

Feb 18, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart coworkers and Interesting clients

Cons

Take the high reviews here lightly, they ask all new employees at 30 days to fill out a review. It’s an Asana task. Recent meeting they said the employee retention rate is 47%. This is a job that will overwork you and burn out is very real here. There are a handful of people who’ve worked here for years. However, the large majority of employees are less than a year. I noticed a lot of people leaving around the 5/6 month mark. They are massively growing, taking on larger clients without the full staff to support. A lot of useless tasks that keep you from actually being able to strategize and optimize well. At this company you’ll be on 2 large clients or 5 smaller ones. The workload is insane. For perspective of workload, at other agencies employees are on 1 large client or 2 smaller ones. Required to work on important weekends to the client and holidays because no one pushes back on the clients. Multiple reports due on holidays. Certain clients are required to work weekends if there is an important campaign launch for someone to keep an eye on it or in case the client wants to change spend. Have your clients set an agreed spend amount on campaigns…like every other agency in this business. No one wants to be working a lot of weekends and every other other holiday, contributes to a lot of burnout. I heard a lot of my coworkers feel like they couldn’t utilize the unlimited PTO and half day Fridays because of workload and low staffing on teams.

17 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Autonomy & Opportunities

Apr 21, 2022 -  in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of room for growth and lots of new opportunities allow for me to stretch myself in new ways. The half day Fridays are great, but the community is the best part. I get to work with a lot of fun, intelligent folks!

Cons

Sometimes balancing work is a challenge, but that's generally the nature of agency work.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Untrustworthy

Jan 12, 2022 - Content Writer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- the people (two years later, and I still keep in touch with many!) - the unlimited PTO (though some could say this is a con since some teams are strict with approval and the PTO has no value when you leave) - the casual office environment

Cons

Most of my team and another team were laid off in early, pre-pandemic 2020 after Wpromote lost a huge client. Some employees were given fair notice and moved to different departments. In contrast, my team was suddenly laid off one by one, while our remaining team members were being watched in a meeting and unable to say goodbye. Our emails were disabled before we were officially told the news, and they took their sweet time getting to everyone, so some of us were waiting around for an hour or two. There's no easy way to lay off employees—I get that—but this was an objectively bad way to do it. The company will say they helped us land on our feet by offering outplacement services, but that means very little when other employees were moved internally and had a month or two notice, while my team was taken entirely by surprise. While I loved the work I did and the people I met through Wpromote, I wouldn't trust them as an employer. They started explicitly asking new hires to write 5-star Glassdoor reviews in March 2020, so I'd also be cautious of the overly positive reviews you see here.

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing Place to Thrive

Apr 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to work day in and day out on some of the biggest challenges in marketing, with some of the smartest people in marketing. Fantastic team environment where good ideas truly come from everywhere and opportunity to spread your wings across departments and grow.

Cons

Change in digital marketing is constant, so don't expect to coast.

8. 5.0

Amazing Organization

Apr 6, 2022 - Account Manager, Client Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

Onboarding was seamless and enjoyable. The company as a whole is really up to speed with latest resources to make your experience that much more enjoyable. Being able to work from home and have a 4.5 day work week is amazing. The fact that this company truly cares about their employees and condones a healthy work-life balance can't be beat. Can't say enough positive things about Wpromote!

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Pains

Apr 19, 2022 - SEO Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Half day fridays, unlimited PTO, flexibility

Cons

There has been a huge amount of turnover with both clients and employees in the last year. Along with that, a lot of changes have happened and an overall lack of transparency from leadership. Leadership is more concerned about growing the company vs. taking care of existing clients/ employees. The company cares more about its image in the media over actually properly paying employees and making sure they are happy. Favoritism is huge. If you are not a favorite you will be pushed out. Pay is well below the industry standard.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent company to work for, work-life balance, and leader in the industry

Apr 28, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is a real thing. They want you to enjoy life and work. Excellent culture.

Cons

Working remotely means no social interaction with the team,

Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Reviews

Wpromote Reviews FAQs

Wpromote has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 265 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Wpromote to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wpromote employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wpromote. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

89% of Wpromote employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wpromote 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wpromote to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Wpromote Job Seekers