KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 17, 2021

4.4
Wpromote Founder and CEO Michael Mothner
Michael Mothner
Pros
  • "You can actually utilize your unlimited PTO here(in 14 reviews)

• "They also offer startup perks like free massages, yoga classes, snacks/coffee, games, and happy hour(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work life balance can be hard during specific seasons(in 7 reviews)

• "Very rude management, abrasive and reactive work environment(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Innovative company with great culture

Mar 29, 2021 - Director in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unlimited time off - Half-Day Fridays (during a pandemic) - Mentorship programs to help you succeed - Huge culture of gratitude (from people operations, department heads, and even the CEO himself runs a weekly message to the company thanking individuals for their contributions) - Huge focus on employee resource groups that promote diversity and inclusion - Tons of learning opportunities

Cons

- The pace of an agency may not be for everyone as it is very fast and challenging at times. - Will need to manage not only client expectations but requests from internal stakeholders, which can be difficult to coordinate across departments on a client account

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing Place to Start Working Remotely!

May 17, 2021 - Copy Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic onboarding process from HR - Makes you feel included in company culture from day one - Keeps you engaged and part of the team, even while everyone is remote - Super friendly, positive environment and great company-wide mentality

Cons

I don't have any cons!

VP, People & Culture

Thanks for the short and sweet review and welcome to Wpromote! Nothing makes me happier than hearing a new hire was welcomed into our culture and set up for success during new hire onboarding. As you continue to acclimate to your new role, let me or anyone on our People Ops team know if there's more we can do to better support you and your development, especially while we are all mostly still working remotely. Thank you!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with unlimited opportunities and growth

May 17, 2021 - Digital Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture, people, learning opportunities, growth, benefits (unlimited PTO)

Cons

A lot to learn and take on - but that can be a pro depending on the type of person you are!

4. 5.0

Great Agency So Far

Dec 2, 2020 - Manager, Paid Social Media in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting clients, a lot of cool coworkers to meet via Google Hangouts, HR sent me a desktop for my home office when I requested it. There's a lot of processes to get used to but it makes you feel informed about what's going on in the agency outside your clients. From what I can tell so far, promotions are based on merit/performance rather than agency politics which is a nice change.

Cons

Hours can be long, especially in Q4, but if you didn't already know that, you've never worked in an agency before. I think it's hard to have an interesting corporate culture in a pandemic. People can't see each other, there are no face to face interactions (only hangouts). But these are things that every company is facing so it's not Wpromote's fault. You can't manage people until you're an associate director, which leaves a lot of people at the manager/senior manager level without that necessary experience for another couple of years. As of right now, that's not a problem for me but it's definitely something I considered when accepting the offer because I won't be actually managing/honing those skills for at least another 2 1/2 years. But that's smart of Wpromote overall because people won't be able to find another job at the same level at a different agency without management skills.

VP, People & Culture

Thank you for taking time to write a review and we love hearing that things are going well for you so far! We are all ears if you have suggestions on how to engage further during COVID-19; it is certainly challenging but we love creative ideas and are always looking to improve. We are all certainly missing seeing one another every day and we can't wait to get back to the office once it's safe!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people, great culture

Jan 22, 2021 - Manager, Email Marketing in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The onboarding for new hires is extremely thorough, which is super helpful when starting a new role remotely. They make sure you're up to speed on how the company works and give you tons of training materials. Everyone is super open to questions and there seems to be a strong team mentality. The company seems like they really care about maintaining a work-life balance compared to other agencies. So far I've felt very welcome and have been given enough resources to make sure I know what's expected of my job. Couldn't be happier to be a new member of such a great team!

Cons

So far the only con I can speak to is the fact that there doesn't seem to be many opportunities to earn more income throughout the year (bonuses/profit sharing/etc). Your base salary is it. The good news is that they seem to pay competitively.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place

Apr 27, 2021 - Paid Social Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management really cares about your well being. Great perks and everyone is truly on the same team.

Cons

The agency model when being solely responsible for accounts is extremely tough. Very easy to experience burn out, especially with employee turnover and movement of accounts. Often times scrambling and its tough to get ahead.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 7, 2021 - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic perks, great energy in the office, and no micro-management at any level

Cons

Naturally, working remotely will diminish the value that the company's perks offered since you'd be working from home as opposed to heading into the office. However, that same value will be regained as soon as the pandemic and quarantine come to an end, and employees are allowed back into the workplace.

8. 4.0

Great Place to Work!

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great company culture -Innovative workplace -Dedicated leadership team -Winning new business -1/2 day Friday's -Room for growth

Cons

-Too many clients per person -Not enough training for employees

9. 5.0

The Job I was looking for

Dec 31, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a vision, that all employees believe in. Being hired during Covid-19 is a real challenge for any company. The transition of on boarding was very smooth. The training has been intense, however the team is patient as there is always a learning curve in a new job. Having worked in this industry at prior company the culture and executive treat every employee at an even level. They care about us being well mentally and physical while succeeding at the same time.

Cons

The only con I have so far is there are no current stock purchases or an idea of becoming a publicly trading company in the future. I would like to stress that this con is due to the fact that my previous employer has these options.

VP, People & Culture

We are glad you chose Wpromote and we love hearing that your onboarding during COVID-19 has been a smooth and successful one! If you have any feedback on how we can continue to keep our culture alive during WFH, please share. Good luck in your new role!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best agency to work at

Mar 18, 2021 - Senior Paid Search Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- work life balance - flexible hours - caring management - growth potential

Cons

- long hours sometimes - short staffed on many teams due to growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews