Wright Ford Young &Co Reviews | Glassdoor

Wright Ford Young &Co Reviews

Updated May 14, 2019

Found 8 reviews

4.3
Wright Ford Young &Co CEO Robert Wright  (no image)
Robert Wright
  1. "Good Company"

I have been working at Wright Ford Young &Co full-time

Pros

A good group of co-workers. Company tries to keep work-life balance to the best of their ability. Then again, it is public accounting so long hours should be expected. Good salary and one of the better firms to be a part of.

Cons

Increase in hours, but overall nothing major to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep adapting to growing trends and keep listening to employees.

Wright Ford Young &Co2018-11-09

"Company and Leadership Not What It Used To Be"

I have been working at Wright Ford Young &Co full-time

Pros

Founder Bob Wright created a great reputation in the industry with decades of growth through client service and integrity.

Cons

Change in leadership since Bob Wright has led to disfunction, lost direction, politics, turnover, and a company that no longer follows their core values or cares about employees.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed to get the company back to following its core values and collaborative environment, otherwise we will continue the recent trend of long time employee turnover, reduced employee moral, and clients leaving.

Wright Ford Young &Co2019-05-15
  3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Wright Ford Young &Co full-time

Pros

I've worked here for over 3 years and I'm so happy I have! They have a great work environment, multiple opportunities to learn and grow, awesome co-workers, and the list goes on.

Cons

None I can think of

Wright Ford Young &Co2018-02-07
  4. "Great CPA firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Wright Ford Young &Co full-time

Pros

The firm has a positive culture, co-workers are great people, and they provide us with regularly training. Great public accounting firm to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any........ So I keep typing to meet the 20 word minimum. I write one more sentence.

Wright Ford Young &Co2017-02-04
  5. "company review"

I worked at Wright Ford Young &Co

Pros

lots to learn! flexible work hours and opportunities

Cons

not that i know of..............................................................................

Wright Ford Young &Co2016-04-27
  6. "Great firm, great culture"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Wright Ford Young &Co

Pros

Competitive salary, great training, friendly people and strong business philosophy

Cons

Tough to say. The audit/tax industry can be difficult but they understand that and give you the support you need.

Advice to Management

Keep up the value system set by Bob Wright

Wright Ford Young &Co2015-04-29
  7. "Good place to grow your career"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Irvine, CA

I worked at Wright Ford Young &Co full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is one of the best among Orange County CPA firms. The busy season hours are around 55-65 hours/wk and I rarely see anyone working on Sundays. I did not see much drama or politics among management at WFY, which is definitely a plus in business environment. They contribute 1% of its total revenue to non-profit organizations and do many other charitable events year round.

Cons

Since the turnover is exceptionally low compared to other CPA firms, you may face difficulty moving up the ladder. Moving from staff to senior level won't be difficult, but from senior level to higher positions can be challenging. Firm is busy all year round, which means you won't have any downtime at all. Worked 80-100% capacity even during slow months when most of other firms are taking long vacations and breaks.

Wright Ford Young &Co2015-01-02

"A great place to build knowledge and the necessary experience for accounting in public and/or private sectors."

I worked at Wright Ford Young &Co

Pros

Wright Ford Young is the only public accounting firm that practice what they preach. They believe in working hard as well as having fun at the same time. As a cohesive and tight knit firm, employees are exposed to a wide variety of projects in diverse industries. They believe in helping their employees grow by having hands on experience.

Cons

Potential conflicts of interest are rife in public accounting, creating a difficult balancing act. Strict adherence to the profession's ethical canons can result in loss of a client’s business, such as when audit results do not meet with the client's expectations.

Wright Ford Young &Co2012-04-14