Wright & Filippis Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony J. Filippis, CPO

1. "Current"

Pros

The people here are nice

Cons

We are not paid enough

2. "Real deal"

I have been working at Wright & Filippis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best coworkers almost like family

Cons

Not paid enough, cuts pay of all employees when company isn't doing well, if you try to speak up you will get fired

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and give raises or bonuses. We are very underpaid. Defend us when we are disrespected by patients

3. "Went from yay to nay."

I worked at Wright & Filippis (More than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers were like family. Pretty good experience across a few different jobs (customer service, healthcare, insurance processing). Great mission.

Cons

Pay and benefits weren't great and got worst over time. No one at the corporate level took the time to get to know employees in the individual offices and it didn't seem like they cared. There was also a lot of pettiness between employees in the offices at times. Constant changes in insurance and healthcare meant that as soon as you learned something or there was a policy in place, things changed. There wasn't enough training in anything and not enough hours in a day to complete what needed to get done. Staff was being laid off constantly. Management refused to stand up for their employees when they were getting screamed at for something that was just a corporate policy and not at all their fault.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower and work in the trenches with the little folks. You'll learn a lot more. Every employee in my office wore many different hats; please reward them accordingly.

5. "Lost sight of their mission; Terrible management; No loyalty to employees"

Pros

Employees (other than management) mostly care about customers, but even that is changing for the worse.

Cons

Lack of respect and communication from management at all levels, run mostly by family members who can't get out of their own way. They give lip service to "caring about their patients". In a world where more and more people need home healthcare, they are reducing services, closing offices and laying off staff -- what does that tell you about the company's future?

Advice to Management

Sell the business to adults who know how to run a company.

"Company needs a lot upper management help."

Former Employee - Office Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at Wright & Filippis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees made going to work worth it. Most of the employees are great people! We didn't have to work weekends.

Cons

Pay was low for everything office managers have to deal with in a daily basis. No communication from upper management even though they loved to use the phrase "we want to be transparent". They restructured the company and some of the upper management has no clue how to do their job.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone one equally. Do not show favoritism even though it's human nature to like some better than others.

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burton, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Burton, MI

I worked at Wright & Filippis (More than a year)

Pros

It was family oriented, lots of room to advance, appreciated their employees.

Cons

They sold their DME and Respiratory portions of the business, went downhill after that.

"Leaving was the best decision I've ever made"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Wright & Filippis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had some amazing co workers that became another family to me. Made it easy to get thru the day.

Cons

Where do I begin? No raises. No bonuses, unless you count the $5 gift card we got for Christmas my last year there. Major guilt trip from management if you had to request time off or call in sick. Overworked. Understaffed. 401k matching gone. Horrible benefits. Unless you were flirting with/dating/ or sleeping with upper management you were deemed worthless. Backstabbing and gossip from upper management. No help when needed. We were in desperate need of more staff and were refused. There was a time one winter when the heat broke. 50 degrees in the office and temps in the teens outside. Were we sent home? Nope. We worked for 3 days at our desk in gloves and hats and scarves.
    98% of the staff I used to work with have quit or been let go.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your damn employees! Appreciate them! Reward hard work! You'll miss them when your company sinks.

"Orthotic Fitter"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative and Orthotic Fitter in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Wright & Filippis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Provided opportunity for education to advance in job statis

Cons

No raises, management was horrible. If you weren't sleeping with management or partying with them or just kissing their butts, then you were treated absolutely horrible and were denied advancement in job status and pay.

Advice to Management

find jobs at a prison

10. "It's all true"

I have been working at Wright & Filippis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mon-Fri work schedule, no weekends, closed holidays.

Cons

Low pay, over worked & under appreciated!

Advice to Management

Reward your employees!! We work hard!

"Great once, but fading fast"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Rochester, MI
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Rochester, MI

Pros

At first the company was amazing to work for with awesome benefits. Went downhill once Tony Sr passed away.

Cons

Unless your last name is Filippis or you're sleeping with a Filippis you are not safe. They have no loyalty and will lay-off/fire almost anyone at anytime.

Advice to Management

Nepotism is out of hand.