KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Citrix
Engaged Employer

Wrike

Add a Review

Wrike Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Updated Aug 26, 2020

Found 23 of over 271 reviews

4.2
Wrike Founder and CEO  Andrew Filev
Andrew Filev
Pros
  • "Met some great people and they provided free lunch everyday(in 24 reviews)

• "Free food, unlimited PTO, and great culture are just a few places I could start(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "That means our sales team is doing absolutely amazing(in 6 reviews)

• "No 401k matching, career paths/promotions/raises could be more consistent and handled better(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wrike and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free lunch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growing company with great culture!

Oct 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Work-life balance - Ability to wear many hats - You always have a voice you don't feel like a number - Lot's of 1 on 1 time with direct managers to be set up for success - Free lunch every day - Team outings - Free Gym - Friendly work environment

Cons

- Pains you feel with a growing company, but nothing out of the norm

4 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Your feedback is appreciated. Glad to hear you've had a good time working with us!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee

Terrible Company

May 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-free lunches, lots of snacks

Cons

There are so many negative things I could say about Wrike that I would be here for hours typing it up. Sales team is being treated horribly. With the difficult times many are facing due to Covid-19 people are already stressed and Wrike leaders are continuously threatening our job security if we are not hitting the stupid daily metrics they have set and keep raising/adding to. Micromanagement has gone to levels that it should never go to. Every sales rep is extremely burnt out with thier demands. Going through something like COVID-19 tells you alot about the company and the people you work for. This is not a time to take advantage of your customer and your employees. Sales team is being way too overworked for the amount of useless work management is making them do not to mention how little we get paid. I'm assuming you can tell a certain theme going on at Wrike just by reading some other recent reviews.

20 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We are sorry to hear your recent work experience has been challenging. Like many companies we are doing our best to navigate the “new normal” that COVID-19 has brought us. We want to start by acknowledging the hard work all of our Wrikers are doing, and thank you for your commitment to our mission. Our executive team is meeting daily to discuss how COVID is changing work as we know it, and our sales leadership team specifically is regularly reviewing data to better understand how the pandemic is affecting variables such as demand, workload, and performance. While this remains a “learn as you go” environment for most businesses today, we are keeping an eye on these factors to ensure that we respond in a way that is fair for our team members and that takes into account factors that may be outside of our control. To start, we have already met with our sales teams to inform them of a shift from daily to weekly KPI tracking to help prevent burnout. We also have asked all of our sales team members to take a “mental health day” each month to unplug and focus on their personal wellness. These days do not count towards PTO and are highly encouraged. We are listening, and we are always open to adapting to better support our Wrikers and our customers. Early on, Wrike quickly realized we have a real ability to support our clients around the world during this crisis. Wrike quickly shifted its focus to how we can help companies worldwide transition to remote work, including supporting PS and Marketing departments to achieve operational efficiency in this new economy. We truly believe that the combined efforts of our entire Wrikeforce can support companies in need of support as they transition to a virtual work environment. This can be challenging work, which is why we continue to remind - and encourage - employees to use our unlimited PTO policy so they can take time for rest and recovery when it is needed most. I would also encourage you to book time with our HR partners, VP of sales, or CRO who are all conducting office hours and offering individual one-on-one check-ins with our team to solicit feedback, answer any questions from the team, and provide support. You can also feel free to reach out to us at hr-us@team.wrike.com. We are always available to help!

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic

Aug 26, 2020 - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some great people and they provided free lunch everyday.

Cons

CEO doesnt know what he is doing. All support roles were based out of Russia and not only was there a huge time difference issue there were major communication struggles as well. Very little budget or resources to work with. In my short time there I had three different managers and we were acquired.

9 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are glad to hear that you’ve met some really great people at Wrike, as our people are our strongest asset. We are striving to be better and learn something new every day - that doesn’t stop at our Executive team. Over the past year, we have added some really excellent executives to our C-Suite and those executives are pushing one another to be stronger and think outside of the box. We’re optimistic that our executives will continue to grow and improve every day. One of Wrike’s values is #Collaborate. We also strive to have a diverse workforce. We recognize that working with Wrikers from other countries comes with its own set of challenges, but it also brings an amazing amount of unique perspectives. With that said, we are rolling out training for “Working with Wrikers from other cultures” to help bridge any gaps and pain points Wrikers have working with people in counties other than their own.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, always improving

May 29, 2020 - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of resources, funds, and people hours spent on maximizing the culture at Wrike. From company events, recognition platforms, perks, and benefits. I came from non-tech companies prior to Wrike and it was rare to have someone say "happy birthday" or bring donuts let alone have company-wide birthday shoutouts and free lunches everyday. There are definitely areas for improvement with management style but where are you ever going to work where that's not the case?

Cons

Some teams in the org have un-trusting managers, positive culture is harder to maintain in periods of hyper growth

3 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We are so glad you've enjoyed your time at Wrike! We love being able to celebrate our people's milestones and success (and the donuts are an added bonus)! Our People are our greatest asset at the company, so we will continue to keep their happiness and success front of mind. Thank you for your feedback

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Unorganized, Cut-throat, High-stress environment

Apr 2, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch every day. Dog Friendly

Cons

They are going through some management changes and a lot things have changed on the sales teams recently. They make promotion promises to employees and don't honor those promises. Unless you've been with the company for a long time, or you land in a good patch, you're screwed. You only get a very short amount of time to prove yourself. If you don't do well right from the start, regardless of the circumstances, they will let you go with no notice and no explanation. There were a number of dedicated, hard working reps who were let go while I was there. Also, if you've done well, but have a bad month and hit below 50%, you get put on PIP. Training is incredibly intense. If you fail bootcamp, you get fired, no joke. There are also continuing certifications that you also have to study for and pass, or be put on plan. Benefits are just okay. There are no stock options and no 401K matching.

10 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We appreciate your feedback, and are always looking for ways we can continue to be a great place to work. While we regret to hear that your experience at Wrike has been less than ideal, we’d like to provide some points of clarification that might be helpful for you and/or others. Personal Success and Economic Growth are fundamental aspects of our Sales Success Culture, which is why we offer performance-based promotions to all of our team members who continue to meet performance standards and exemplify what it means to be a positive contribution to the Wrike culture. In 2019 alone, the US sales team saw nearly 40% of its members promote to new roles. We take great pride in our sales enablement program, which includes our new hire onboarding workshop. This workshop includes a blend of elearning, on the job activities, and video pre-work focusing on foundational content regarding our solution, sales tools, and our Buy Process. The purpose of the bootcamp is to set our team members up for success and equip them with the tools they need to sell effectively before they even get on the phones. This is a requirement of the role for all sales team members, and is openly discussed during the recruitment process. Follow-on certifications are issued only when there is a major new product release or change to sales process. We understand that in sales, monthly performance may fluctuate, and our general practice is to evaluate the prior 3 months of post-ramp performance along with activity metrics before considering a formal performance improvement plan. This is part of a progressive performance improvement process, in which coaching is used as the first line of defense, and leaders are also required to commit to specific objectives when engaging in a performance plan for their team members. The terms of this program are openly communicated to employees, and we find that the majority of our team members are able to come out of this improvement process with a stronger understanding of what it takes to be successful in their role. We continue to prioritize benefits that our employees have come to know as staples of the Wrike culture, including unlimited PTO, employer-paid health premiums for employees, and daily catered lunches. As we grow, we are always evaluating our benefits package and other market offerings for new opportunities.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic environment

Apr 27, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunch in the office

Cons

Wrike use to be an amazing place to work but I'm sorry to say this is no longer the case and it keeps getting worse and worse. The way they have treated their sales employees during this tragic pandemic has been extremely disappointing. Leadership leads through fear and intimidation. They are taking advantage of the fact that the job market is down and treating reps with little respect for their wellbeing. Reps are working 12 hour days and when they consult managers on how the workload is overwhelming, they are told to work on weekends, or better manage their time. We are all burnt out and can't wait until our competitors start hiring again so we can escape this toxic culture.

18 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Thank you for your valued feedback. Wrike is expanding, and we’ve had to evolve a bit in the last several years to lead the way within our industry and market. We’ve added some structure and processes for scale, but have worked to maintain the core elements that make us “Wrikey:” beloved employee perks and benefits like free snacks and unlimited PTO; a work-hard-play-hard culture and plenty of fun employee events (which have continued in a virtual format during the COVID-19 crisis); a product that our employees can stand behind; and a platform for personal and professional growth. Our focus since day 1 has been on the core values of growth mindset, execution, and collaboration; and our intent focus on delivering outcomes has allowed us to realize Wrike’s true potential in each of these areas, now more than ever before. In terms of our COVID-19 response, Wrike is actively taking measures to avoid major changes to employee headcount, compensation, and/or benefits, which many other companies have found to be inevitable. In navigating through this foreign environment and working to preserve the most important elements, many of us are finding we have to work even harder to try and address new challenges quickly and effectively. While we are fortunate that we operate in a space where we can not only continue our business, but actually add value to our customers as they learn to adapt to a virtual work environment, we are also hyper-aware of the personal wellbeing of our employees and have already taken some actions to address this. (1) We sent out a COVID response survey to our entire team to collect feedback on how our C-Suite is responding to the crisis. Our executive team has been reviewing the feedback and just released the survey summary and action plan to all team members last week. (2) We are rolling out multiple programs globally for Mental Health Awareness Month in May, aimed at providing education around mental health, reminding employees what resources are available to help them deal with mental health issues, and providing team members with opportunities to tend to their mental and physical wellbeing through various group and/or individual activities. (3) The HR team will be conducting open office hours and offering individual one-on-one check-ins to create another forum for feedback, support, and connection during this difficult time. (4) Our executive team is meeting daily to discuss how COVID is changing work as we know it, and our sales leadership team specifically is regularly reviewing data to better understand how the pandemic is affecting variables such as demand, workload, and performance. While this remains a “learn as you go” environment for most businesses today, we are keeping a keen eye on these factors to ensure that we respond in a way that is fair for our team members and that takes into account factors that may be outside of our control. We also continue to remind - and encourage - employees to use our unlimited PTO policy so they can take time for rest and recovery when it is needed most. As a tenured employee of Wrike who has been here to witness our evolution from startup to industry leader, we welcome any specific suggestions you have for continued improvements to the culture. Please feel free to send your thoughts and recommendations to hr-us@team.wrike.com, or connect with a member of the HR or leadership team whom you trust.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company with some growing pains

Jun 3, 2020 - Anonymous in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

To be honest, my favorite thing about working for Wrike is the people. I feel strongly that the people, more than anything else, contribute to the overall culture of a company, and Wrike hits the ball out of the park with this one. The People Ops team works HARD to make sure that Wrikers are taken care of - sending snack boxes & self care kits to our homes, arranging remote activities to keep us engaged, all kinds of things. I am so excited for the day I get to return to the office and spend time with people I truly feel are my friends. The opportunity for career advancement isn't bad either! Also, there are the traditional tech company benefits: snacks & drinks, free lunch, unlimited PTO, fully covered healthcare, etc.

Cons

- I do acknowledge that some teams are struggling to find their footing amid COVID challenges and feeling like they are being mismanaged - this has not been my experience, but I don't want to dismiss that it exists. I do, however, also acknowledge that the HR team is aware of these issues and I believe they are actively working to alleviate some of these problems. - An expansion on certain benefits would be nice - a 401k match would make Wrike a bit more competitive in the Silicon Valley market (most tech companies have this). Additionally, I don't feel that the amount of paid leave granted is enough for a non-birth parent (including adoptive parents and fathers) - I don't have any skin in this game, but it will eventually play a role in planning for my future.

2 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us this valuable feedback. You’re correct that our amazing Wrikers, such as yourself, are the backbone of the culture Wrike is known and loved for. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to our mission of making teams insanely productive. Our PeopleOps team loves being able to provide the benefit of snacks in the office, and we quickly realized we could extend that benefit to our team members when we moved to working from home during COVID-19. In addition to this, we have been working closely with our executive team each week to make sure we continue to find ways to support our team members during unprecedented times. Our HR team is regularly evaluating our benefits package and assessing opportunities to continue enhancing our offerings. We have an open door policy at Wrike and hope you will continue to feel comfortable providing feedback to us in the future. I encourage you to book time with our HR partners or submit a request to our anonymous employee helpline.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture and Team, Poor Management and Product Limitations

Dec 17, 2019 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You probably won't work somewhere in San Diego with coworkers as cool as Wrike. The employees are very smart and have a drive to work hard. The free lunches aren't too bad either. Additionally, their benefits and time off policy was also up to par as well. Although San Diego isn't really a location for tech companies, this one truly does meet the expectations of what one would expect while working at a SaaS company

Cons

Management through and through. There is a bro culture who favors and leans towards those who came from a fraternity or sorority. Sales management is hugely unethical as well. Lead flow and opportunity creation was favored towards a couple of team members that they could regularly put on a pedestal and tell the rest of the team to emulate. However, when it came to 1:1 or guidance, feedback was never specific and was always "be like so and so," but they couldn't pinpoint specifically what "so and so" was doing. The competitors are also well ahead. They are so focused on marketing teams that they miss a giant market. Rather than updating proofing and approvals perhaps consider enhancing reports or revenue tracking (things most businesses care about). The partnerships is also lacking. Workato has ruined so many deals due to cost, timing, etc. Being a monthly quota and trying to sell customers something they actually need rather than drastically discount every month (which is the CRO's entire strategy), I think they will find it crippling when trying to get into the Enterprise space, especially knowing that competitors are doing this differently.

9 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bait and Switch

Apr 4, 2020 - Enterprise Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mac Computer, company location, free lunch, free drinks

Cons

Bait and switch, Management is awful and recent layoffs 100+ should make you run

14 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a great Wrike experience like many of our team members do. We pride ourselves in being a great place to work and are always making efforts to improve the employee experience. In addition to a variety of company wide surveys, we regularly run 360 evaluations on all of our leaders, which allows team members to give direct and anonymous feedback to managers, who are held accountable for implementing an action plan based on said feedback. Similar to many other companies around the world - Wrike is currently navigating unprecedented circumstances in the current COVID landscape, but we have been fortunate to avoid a formal reduction in force during this crisis, and there was not a mass layoff of 100+ people. We had a handful of performance-related exits and one department restructure earlier in the month, all of which amounted to around 40 impacted employees worldwide, which is less than 4% of our total headcount. Our employees are always top of mind, and we are doing everything we can to make sure our team members receive the amount of support they need to be successful in their role while maintaining their wellbeing during this difficult time. We believe there is always an opportunity to make things right and would like to offer you an opportunity to continue to share your feedback with our team. If you wish to further discuss your experience, feel free to reach out to us at hr-us@team.wrike.com.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Benefits, Award Winning Software

Jun 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for Wrike over a year now and the company has grown out of 3 offices. In my experience, when you see that type of growth, there is not a huge focus on employee benefits or human resources in general, but Wrike has really puts the employee first. The benefits package includes free lunches daily, flexible scheduling, Caltrain reimbursement, new Apple gear, unlimited vacations, monthly sales contests and an incredible health benefits. My wife just had twins, with 4 days in the hospital and the cost was 1/5 of the cost of my last child. Oh, the software sells itself and there are 25,000 new trials per month, so we got that going for us... which is nice.

Cons

Time for a bigger location, again.

2 people found this review helpful