Cover image for Wrike
Logo

Add a Review

Wrike Employee Reviews about "sales team"

Updated Jan 9, 2021

Found 10 of over 372 reviews

4.0
Wrike Founder and CEO  Andrew Filev
Andrew Filev

What people are saying about Wrike

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Wrike? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Wrike employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wrike and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "sales team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee

Terrible Company

May 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-free lunches, lots of snacks

Cons

There are so many negative things I could say about Wrike that I would be here for hours typing it up. Sales team is being treated horribly. With the difficult times many are facing due to Covid-19 people are already stressed and Wrike leaders are continuously threatening our job security if we are not hitting the stupid daily metrics they have set and keep raising/adding to. Micromanagement has gone to levels that it should never go to. Every sales rep is extremely burnt out with thier demands. Going through something like COVID-19 tells you alot about the company and the people you work for. This is not a time to take advantage of your customer and your employees. Sales team is being way too overworked for the amount of useless work management is making them do not to mention how little we get paid. I'm assuming you can tell a certain theme going on at Wrike just by reading some other recent reviews.

20 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We are sorry to hear your recent work experience has been challenging. Like many companies we are doing our best to navigate the “new normal” that COVID-19 has brought us. We want to start by acknowledging the hard work all of our Wrikers are doing, and thank you for your commitment to our mission. Our executive team is meeting daily to discuss how COVID is changing work as we know it, and our sales leadership team specifically is regularly reviewing data to better understand how the pandemic is affecting variables such as demand, workload, and performance. While this remains a “learn as you go” environment for most businesses today, we are keeping an eye on these factors to ensure that we respond in a way that is fair for our team members and that takes into account factors that may be outside of our control. To start, we have already met with our sales teams to inform them of a shift from daily to weekly KPI tracking to help prevent burnout. We also have asked all of our sales team members to take a “mental health day” each month to unplug and focus on their personal wellness. These days do not count towards PTO and are highly encouraged. We are listening, and we are always open to adapting to better support our Wrikers and our customers. Early on, Wrike quickly realized we have a real ability to support our clients around the world during this crisis. Wrike quickly shifted its focus to how we can help companies worldwide transition to remote work, including supporting PS and Marketing departments to achieve operational efficiency in this new economy. We truly believe that the combined efforts of our entire Wrikeforce can support companies in need of support as they transition to a virtual work environment. This can be challenging work, which is why we continue to remind - and encourage - employees to use our unlimited PTO policy so they can take time for rest and recovery when it is needed most. I would also encourage you to book time with our HR partners, VP of sales, or CRO who are all conducting office hours and offering individual one-on-one check-ins with our team to solicit feedback, answer any questions from the team, and provide support. You can also feel free to reach out to us at hr-us@team.wrike.com. We are always available to help!

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Take This Job While You’re Looking For Your Next Job (In-Depth Sales Analysis)

Jan 9, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some cool people here. I think if we were in-office happy hours would be fun and friends would be made. The medical benefits are also good.

Cons

This is a job you should take while you’re still applying and interviewing for the sales role you want to have. Wrike is a step up from unemployment but you should not work here long term or make life changes to accompany this job. I was an Account Executive here. Below is my experience. I’m going to use actual sales statistics and give the honest breakdown of how sales works at Wrike. If you’re currently gainfully employed you should not leave your current job, period. Wrike has what’s called a sales enablement program that will last the first 5 weeks of the job (This means you don’t actually start selling until around week 5). The thing is, if they don’t like how you do any part of this enablement program you’ll be fired immediately. I cannot emphasize this enough. People moved from across the country and uprooted their lives only to be fired upon arrival for missing a few questions on a multiple choice test or not giving a satisfactory presentation. There are no chances for redos and you will be fired immediately over a two minute Zoom call. Do not let this be downplayed during the interview process. Turnover is extremely high due to people being fired and an abundance of people quitting. On my AE team there were about 20 people. Four of those people had been there 1 year or longer. Nine of them had been there longer than 6 months. Less than 50% of the people who come here stay here longer than 6 months and less than 25% stay longer than a year. There’s a constant outflow and inflow of new hires, this is one of the reasons they’re always hiring for sales (check the careers page on the Wrike website). Promotions do not take 6-12 months as stated by recruiters/hiring managers. If you’re one of the top one or two Account Executives it would take around 15 months. For most people it’s expected it to take 18-24 months. Most people do not stick around long enough to be promoted so it’s honestly difficult to get much data on this. The pay they give you in the offer letter isn’t something you’re expected to receive and it’s highly unlikely you’ll hit quota. In 2020, exactly 3 three AEs hit quota out of the entire segment. Most people hover between 80-90%. If you ask how many of their AEs hit above 80% they’ll say every single one of them did which is amazing. This is because you’ll be immediately fired if you hit below 80% for two months. If you’re currently interviewing, ask the hiring manager what the average attainment for the team is. They’ll likely say “It’s below 100% but the industry average is 44%. That means our sales team is doing absolutely amazing.” Quoting that industry average is their response to the clear quota issues. You will not make that OTE and they don’t expect you to. This is a job you should take if you’re in between positions and don’t have any options. You should not leave your current situation to work here because it’s highly likely you’ll get burned. If you start here you should not stop the interview process with other companies. There are sales roles with obtainable quotas out there with more sellable products and more job security. Also, I can confirm, the five star reviews are fictitious. HR asks every single new hire to write an anonymous review before the actual training starts.

18 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

We are very sorry to hear that you did not get the Wrike experience that we are known and loved for. There are a few areas that you mentioned that I believe deserve some clarification. Our sales training and onboarding program is very in-depth as you mention. We believe it's important to set every sales person up for success before expecting them to close any deals. The program consists of 4 weeks of virtual learning followed by a 2-week in-person training which allows you to put the virtual learning into real life situations with our sr. sales leaders. Our program is designed to allow you to show us your sales experience from previous employers, while we teach you techniques to understand our client's business need which will help you shorten a deal cycle. We find team members who do not have true sales experience may need extra training or support, which our sales trainers are always available to provide. You may have noticed a lot of newer Wrikers who joined the team alongside you. This is not due to attrition, rather it is due to the growing demand for our industry leading product. Wrike is one of the few SaaS companies who is able to provide our Account Executives with an abundance of quality leads immediately following your onboarding. This means that we teach you the top selling techniques and immediately provide you with a book of business that will help you make great money. In addition to the competitive OTE that we provide all Wrike sales team members, we also offer additional bonuses and SPIFFS along with uncapped earnings. We find that our top reps far exceed what is stated on the offer letters each year in earnings. We recommend that you speak with your leadership team or sales comp team to get a better understanding of how to maximize your earnings potential. We value feedback from former employees and invite you to reach out to hr-us@team.wrike.com if you have additional feedback on how we can continue to make Wrike a great place to work.

3. Join the Wrike team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Where are the leaders ?

May 15, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lot of effort on the offices for employees and lunch/catering. The people working there are great and smart, lot of things to learn from each other. Events and culture team are putting a lot of effort to bring the team together when Sales leadership is separating them from each other.

Cons

Wrike want to be an enterprise company without Enterprise experience. Lot of manager have no experience outside Wrike, they are growing in the bubble and then teach experienced peoples (no comment available). During the Covid the economy is falling appart in the world and executives are blaming and playing fear on the reps who are not doing the target (even if they were top performer previously). "The issues is alway at the bottom" No marketing strategy in place or late on the market, this is really hard for reps to win a market when they have poor support and no flexibility on model. Also the company is directed from US and developed in Russia, the communication doesn't seems to pass sometimes. To much internal meetings per weeks to listen some controlled information and no transparency. Growing and Winning is also understanding his failure ! so share them with the team and ask help if you have no clue how to fix. No one is more valuable than anyone else, we are all in the same boat.

15 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

To the author: Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Over the last 2 years, Wrike has quickly become a go-to software for fortune 500 companies, thanks to our ever evolving product and world-class strategic sales team. We can confidently say that we are realising that vision, with over 280% revenue growth in the enterprise segment from Q1 2019 to Q1 2020. With 30 years of experience selling in the enterprise SaaS space, our senior sales leadership has led the team in their success. In addition, the leaders of our Strategic and Enterprise sales team joined Wrike with over 20 years of combined sales leadership experience. While many of our team members continue to be successful, we recognise the stress COVID has presented over 2020. For this reason we have made many quick improvements to our sales success culture, including monthly mental health days, transitioning to tracking weekly KPIs as opposed to daily, and introducing our new coaching roadmap for Wrikers who need additional support. While we do have operations in Russia, both our headquarters and our C-suite are based in California. Additionally, we have Wrikers with presence in 2 locations in Europe and 2 in Asia-Pacific, making Wrike a truly global organisation. We value your feedback and would love the opportunity to provide greater context. Please feel free to reach out to one of our HR team members. People Ops Team

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Venture subsidized start-up led by amateur leaders and managers

Apr 18, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Well funded start-up, low burn rate + Young and likable co-workers + Fair compensation + Commuter benefits + Very international with sales team in San Diego, leadership and marketing in Mountain View and all the engineers in Russia Great place to start after college and find a better gig after a year of experience to put on a resume.

Cons

- Absolute chaos. Everything is really disorganized - Really poor communication. I don't even know what my teammates are working on - Bad managers and leaders. Peers and I feel that they are passive aggressive, withhold information and bully employees. - No focus on career growth or mentoring - IT will slow you down. You'll have to beg to get help if your Mac is broken. There have been days when the phones and internet doesn't work and my boss is screaming at the HR lady to get things fixed Biggest worry is that its a very competitive space and our product and marketing folks is not helping us win. Money that the sales team earns keeps Wrike alive.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A stepping stone to a better opportunity.

Jun 15, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is great. No micro-managing. Very diverse company. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Wrike is a project management software that helps companies stay on task, organized, and efficiently manage projects. Wrike is a company with poor efficiency and is highly unorganized. Wrike has everyone that is on the sales team go through training that is long and unuseful, especially if you have previous sales experience at a past organization. However, the training is great if you are new to sales and have no or little experience. Because the training is so long and unhelpful, they will most likely burn out their sales reps before they have an opportunity to sell. The pay for Account Executives is well below the industry average. You will most likely get an offer for 45k with a 90k OTE. If you live in a major city, the base pay most likely won't cover your cost of living and because the MAJORITY of the team isn't hitting their quota, one should expect not to take home their advertised OTE. This role/company is a stepping stone to a bigger ladder so don't stop interviewing if you accept this offer. You may be leaving money on the table!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Seemed great at first - left to fend for yourself with slightly more then useless leadership

Mar 17, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home - I don’t feel micro managed like past sales jobs GREAT work life balance - more PTO then any of my past positions and free paid “give back days” through the year. Software is a cool industry

Cons

Very highly Turnover in leadership. None of the sales managers left have actually sold the product and I see talented sales people who are not reaching their potential and I personally feel our manager’s don’t have the industry know how or product/processes knowledge to help us close deals. How commission is calculated is confusing and no one seems to understand how it works (including leadership). Most of the new sales team is not hitting quota consistently, and when the renewals team Had an amazing year and a handful of them did reach 100% — quota was doubled. DOES WRIKE NOT WANT ITS SALES REPS HITTING GOAL???

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Product, Great People, Concerning Leadership and Lack of Transparency

Feb 11, 2019 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wrike is the epitome of what companies strive to create when it comes to finding great people and creating an awesome workplace culture. The CEO is quite literally a genius and the product is easily best in class. Wrike is not a niche application which means you can sell to just about anyone, but this will also require a strong understanding of its capabilities to tailor demos to your audience. The Customer Success Team is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They are often extending the olive branch so long as you do not take advantage of their time and consideration.

Cons

Wrike has a fairly steep learning curve. There are constant product releases and product improvements that are not always communicated very well to the customer facing team (Sales, CS, PS). This can create headache and unnecessary frustration . The new sales management has done considerable damage to the sales culture and sales team. There was an alarmingly exponential increase in turnover since the new Sales Management took over January 2018. They instituted a comp plan with a sliding scale 'decelerator' that did significantly more damage than any accelerator could do good. You quite literally were forced to sandbag & hide deals to ensure you were aligned to hit quota the following month. The implementation of this decelerator was pretty shocking considering they pay their SMB/MM AE's well under the industry average. Think of it like being kicked while you're already down. Missing two months in a quarter will cripple your paycheck. **As a clarification that I am not biased, look up the sales managements last company on Glassdoor (Both CRO and VP came from the same org). History clearly repeats itself, and what they are doing does not work, hasn't worked, and continues to damage.** SDR Candidates BE WARNED: The SDR team has without question the highest turnover of any department at Wrike. They are considerably underpaid and have a very convoluted commission plan that their own management cannot clearly explain or articulate with reasonable comprehension. Last year there was an issue around comp plans that resulted in 90% of the team not hitting quota or being paid what they had been all year. It was written off as a 'clerical error' and never addressed again. SDR's are treated as expendable and are worked into the ground.

22 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns. In order to give some more context here, I’d like to provide some clarification in terms of business results and employee satisfaction. The company successfully doubled its revenue from 2017 to 2018. Our employee net promoter score for the sales team also increased by 8 points from 2017 to 2018. This data actually suggests that we have seen improvements in the culture and engagement levels of our employees with the addition of new leadership on the team. We also found in our 2018 engagement survey that 90% of sales team members feel their manager provides what is needed to be successful in their role. Sales team members continue to hit and/or exceed goal, with an average attainment rate over 100% in 2018. Additionally, we use salary surveys and target the compensation range of similar companies in a higher revenue bracket to ensure we pay competitive to the market. We have also made a considerable investment in our SDR team. We added a second manager to the team and revamped career pathing. Since instituting these changes in 2018, approximately 50% of the team has already been promoted into closing roles at Wrike, while the remainder continue to up-level within the SDR org. Wrike is also continuing to invest in both product and functional enablement. We have hired a new Head of Global Enablement and will be launching a Values Based Selling enablement program in June. If you'd like to report any additional concerns, please feel free to contact us at hr-us@team.wrike.com

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Steer far far away! Toxic environment that will ruin your mental health

May 22, 2020 - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Met some cool folks working here & snacks in the kitchen

Cons

I can go on and on but I would be sitting here for hours.... Lets back this up to when COVID, Andrew Filev (THE CEO) specifically said word for word to 'lets not exaggerate and overreact' and would make jokes about COVID and told us to not overreact.. mind you this was beginning or March when many companies have taken precautious measures to protect their employees from a global pandemic and our CEO tells us to not overreact?? This right here shows you the EMPATHY that the CEO has for his employees and how important their health is.. Not to mention the San Jose office barely gets a cleaning done.. an office cleaning is done once a quarter if we are lucky.. -Sales team at Wrike are being treated HORRIBLY.. Account managers are given unrealistic KPIs that regular SDRs don't even hit.. the sales team are being ruled by management who are on a power trip and are being managed with fear, oppression & threats. The sales team are pushed to think that we all should be lucky to have job during this pandemic giving management and leadership a reason to increase our workload beyond even measurable with zero consideration for one's mental health.. yet the HR team parades celebrating mental health awareness month. Working at Wrike during COVID has shown its true color's, all employee satisfaction has sinked significantly and people are jumping ship. Not to mention, they will drive you to drive their own paying customers away with harassment of phone calls and emails. Wrike has no empathy nor respect for their employees and for their paying customers.

20 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry your recent work experience has not been a reflection of our standards for employee experience. There are some specific things that you mentioned where we would like to provide clarification. Like many companies, Wrike is doing our best to navigate the “new normal” that COVID-19 has brought us. Since early March our executive team has been meeting weekly to discuss ways that we can provide support for our team with everyone’s health and safety being top of mind. Our CEO has been leading the charge, navigating both our global workforce and our client’s needs. While this remains a “learn as you go” environment for most companies, we are providing Wrikers many opportunities to provide feedback to their leadership team in the form of office hours, executive AMAs, and anonymous surveys. We value this feedback and work with our HR team to implement continuous improvements for our global team. Regular office sanitation has always been a critical part of our workplace standards. I’d like to reassure you that, as long as offices are open and accessible to Wrikers, cleaners come in daily to all of our office locations, with additional deep cleanings each quarter. We are already preparing our offices to be equipped with the proper sanitation materials for when they are reopened, and we will certainly be conducting a thorough cleaning before we open the doors to our team. The picture you’ve painted of the sales team is not what we strive for our Wrikers to experience. During this pandemic we understand the importance of providing additional resources to employees so they feel supported. To start, we have already met with our sales teams to inform them of a shift from daily to weekly KPI tracking to help prevent burnout. Our Account Managers are responsible for 200 calls per week (averaging 40 calls per day) which is standard for an inside sales rep in the SaaS industry, and far below the weekly call KPIs of our SDR team. We understand that people may be experiencing higher levels of stress in light of current events, which is why our CRO is requiring that all of our sales team members and leaders take one “mental health day” each month to unplug and focus on their personal wellness, in addition to any planned PTO. The May Wellness Challenge you are referring to incentivized employees to spend some time each week tending to their psychological health, nutrition, physical wellbeing, and sleep and stress levels. Our health carriers sponsored over $4,000.00 in prizes to employees who engaged in the challenge, and we received great feedback from Wrikers who said things like: “Overall it is awesome to see so much engagement and positivity at Wrike. This challenge, at a high level, has made me appreciate the fact that we're all in this together and that there are happy people and positive things to do/share even amongst an awkward time for the world.” We’ve also implemented a 60-day “Coaching Roadmap” program for our global AEs and AMs, which is designed to suspend any performance action and equip reps with an added boost of management support as we charge through the next few months together. Our leaders are listening, and we are always open to adapting to better support our Wrikers and our clients.If you would like to discuss your concerns further, or have suggestions how how we can continue to make Wrike a great place to work, please connect with a member of the HR team, speak with your sales leader, or submit a request to our anonymous employee helpline.

10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away if you place any value on your mental well health

May 29, 2020 - Sales in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

free food & Mac laptop (the basic standards of any tech comany)

Cons

It's hard to know where to ever start here.... Sales management are so focused on old school sales tactics that aren't working and instead of being open and listening to other approaches they set unrealistic KPI's around doing the same thing over and over again .....given this approach and the level of micromanagement it's no surprise that so many of the team are missing their targets and constantly looking over their shoulder waiting to see if they'll be next in line to be fired over a 2 min Zoom call

12 people found this review helpful

Wrike Response

To the author: We are truly apologetic that you have been left feeling this way in your current role. We understand and appreciate that things are quite turbulent at the moment across the board given the current economic climate. We have implemented a number of different programs to ensure our teammates' well-being is top of mind (weekly yoga, meditation, virtual coffee with HR, rest and relaxation days, etc.). Our aim is to move fast as a leadership team and hope that we inspire our team to follows us as we navigate this difficult time for our business and the economy. As we look forward, the company goal for sustainability means that we must approach our company objectives and KPIs aggressively in order to build a strong company for the future. Confirming that no employee has been ‘fired’ over a 2 min zoom call in any of Wrikes global offices. We’d like to learn more about your experience and some of the items you’re bringing up. A conversation with People Ops would be really valuable to us. We would hope you feel comfortable to reach our local core HR team so we can have a discussion about this and learn more. Dublin People Operations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews