KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WriterBay.com Reviews

Updated Dec 25, 2021

Found 80 of over 160 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "WriterBay support system is great and helpful(in 22 reviews)

• "the support team is very professional(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "too strict on deadlines, especially in times when revision comes when you are sleeping(in 26 reviews)

• "Fines imposed and payments are withdrawn(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Writerbay Review

Aug 28, 2021 - Content Writer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great site that is here to work

Cons

None is plausibly great for it

HR Manager

Thanks a lot for your review! Should you have any questions, please visit our HelpDesk :) Have a nice day!

2. 5.0

Nice

May 18, 2021 - Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

GreR place to work at

Cons

Pay is low but it’s cool

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

We are grateful for your positive comment! Wish you a wonderful day!

3. 5.0

the best account

May 10, 2021 - Freelance Writer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

the support team is very professional

Cons

price per page is low

HR Manager

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! As for the price page - as soon as you get promoted, it will be significantly higher. Please check more information about our writers' levels and their benefits in the Performance Overview tab. Have a productive time ahead!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My extra income

Apr 27, 2021 - Freelance Writer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like the workflow - always have papers to offer

Cons

keep improving your system more and more!

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

We are grateful for your comment! Thanks for motivating us to become better. Please mind that you can always visit our HelpDesk if you have any issues.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

very good

Nov 19, 2020 - Writer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy to earn and flexible timing

Cons

nothing bad about the company

HR Manager

We are thankful for your review! Please keep in mind that you can visit our HelpDesk in case you have any questions. Good luck with your orders!

6. 5.0

Coming up on my 6th anniversary with WriterBay

Mar 28, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined WriterBay in 2013. Here are some advantages of working with them: 1) On-time pay. Over the past six years, there have been no payment delays. They always write off the payment (there’s a $100 minimum) on the 16th of each month, and it always arrives within a couple days (I use PayPal). 2) A sufficient selection of orders. No matter high or low season, I’ve always been able to find an order I could do. Some months I would do orders every day, and some months I’d be so busy I would only do a couple here and there, but I’ve never felt like there’s was any shortage on the available options. 3) 24/7 online support team. They are available any time you need them and it’s a huge help especially when you’re in a different time zone. It may take a while to arrive at an agreement sometimes, but in the end of the day I always get my resolution and don’t have anything bad to say. 4) Flexible working hours. Although there are deadlines to meet, essentially you are the one picking an order and making sure the time is sufficient. It’s a huge advantage though to be able to work as a freelancer on an online platform because you can do orders anywhere. One time I took an order to do a poem analysis and wrote notes on it while walking on a treadmill at the gym, got home, formatted and edited what I wrote, and uploaded it. I appreciate this flexibility, especially while juggling a full time job and college.

Cons

1) Customers don’t reply right away. Sometimes you can’t start working on the order without clarifying a few things first, and customers might take a while to reply while draining the deadline. I usually go to live chat and ask the guys there to call customers and ask them to respond, which usually works. Still, it’s a drag to wait sometimes. 2) I don’t know anything about standard rates because I am a promoted writer, but it’s difficult to negotiate a higher pay for some orders. They usually are good about raising the pay for urgent orders, but it’s challenging to get them to do it if you agreed to a certain pay already and then realized the project is more complicated than originally expected. Customers do agree to pay extra sometimes, but it takes a while until it’s approved. A little more flexibility on that wouldn’t hurt. 3) Little time given for revisions. Once in a while, customers would send completed orders for revision and give little time for completing those, disregarding the fact that writers can be in different time zones or busy with something else. I wish there was a standard minimum of 8 hours for revisions like it used to be some time ago.

16 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

N/A

Dec 21, 2021 - Freelance Writer in Culiat, Quezon City
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good during high seasons.

Cons

Some clients are unreasonable and will give you low ratings.

HR Manager

We are glad to see your nice review! Should you have any questions, please visit the HelpDesk. Merry Christmas!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great site to work for

Dec 19, 2021 - Advanced Writer in Manila, Manila
      Business Outlook

Pros

Writer Bay is a fantastic website for freelance writers internationally. The company pays well. And, their support team is efficient.

Cons

The company is strict if you are late and issue penalties.

HR Manager

We are thankful for your kind comment! In case of any questions to discuss, please feel free to visit our HelpDesk.

9. 5.0

Opportunity for new freelancers

Dec 1, 2021 - Frrelance in Dhaka
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very professional along with friendly environment.

Cons

Some works may seem worth more but you're not getting that

HR Manager

Thanks for your kind feedback! In case of any issues, please do not hesitate to visit our HelpDesk. Have a nice day!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

internet

Nov 26, 2021 - Online Ad Accessories
      Business Outlook

Pros

its good to make money

Cons

its bad for full time workers

HR Manager

Thank you for a review! In case of any issues or suggestions, please come to our HelpDesk.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews

WriterBay.com Reviews FAQs

WriterBay.com has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 160 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at WriterBay.com to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WriterBay.com employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WriterBay.com. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

78% of WriterBay.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WriterBay.com 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WriterBay.com to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, management, culture.

Popular Careers with WriterBay.com Job Seekers