KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WriterBay.com Reviews

Updated Dec 25, 2021

Found 80 of over 160 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "WriterBay support system is great and helpful(in 22 reviews)

• "the support team is very professional(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "too strict on deadlines, especially in times when revision comes when you are sleeping(in 26 reviews)

• "Fines imposed and payments are withdrawn(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

I satisfied with Writerbay most frequently mention support team and full time

Dec 25, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Nairobi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support system is great and helpful

Cons

Too strict on deadlines Fines imposed

HR Manager

Thank you for your words! We appreciate your frank feedback :) If case you have any issues to discuss, please feel free to contact Management via HelpDesk. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good writer bay

Dec 21, 2021 - Freelance Online Writer in Dhaka
      Business Outlook

Pros

Works well with writers like me

Cons

I've not interacted much with them by I think it's not a bad place

HR Manager

Thank you for working with us and for leaving a review. Please do not hesitate to contact Management anytime you need our help. Have a perfect day ahead!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

N/A

Dec 21, 2021 - Freelance Writer in Mumbai
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good during high seasons.

Cons

Some clients are unreasonable and will give you low ratings.

HR Manager

We are glad to see your nice review! Should you have any questions, please visit the HelpDesk. Merry Christmas!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great site to work for

Dec 19, 2021 - Advanced Writer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Writer Bay is a fantastic website for freelance writers internationally. The company pays well. And, their support team is efficient.

Cons

The company is strict if you are late and issue penalties.

HR Manager

We are thankful for your kind comment! In case of any questions to discuss, please feel free to visit our HelpDesk.

5. 5.0

Opportunity for new freelancers

Dec 1, 2021 - Frrelance in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very professional along with friendly environment.

Cons

Some works may seem worth more but you're not getting that

HR Manager

Thanks for your kind feedback! In case of any issues, please do not hesitate to visit our HelpDesk. Have a nice day!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the worst websites

Nov 29, 2021 - Professional Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of projects but little pay

Cons

Little regard for writers. I have delivered big expensive orders for them successfully for last 7 years and one client who paid barely $21 for a writeup complains about MLA work cited page being wrong and they have blocked my access to the available order queue for the entire day telling me to pass the quiz. The quiz is full of errors. I have sent them screenshots explaining the errors. I made at least 20-25 attempts and could not pass the test. Worst website.

HR Manager

Thank you for the review, Ashmita. As we constantly strive to improve our services and make a better working environment for our employees, your detailed feedback is of utmost importance for us. As you are aware, writer's knowledge of formatting styles is an unalienable part of working with our service and we, therefore, do expect from our writers to know them perfectly, This is the reason why we initiate quizzes - they are there to refresh your knowledge in case we notice complaints from the client's side. Further, we do agree that the MLA quiz required improvement and are thankful that you drew our attention to the matter - the quiz is now successfully fixed. We also appreciate that you remain being one of our writers and keep earning with our service despite the above-described issues. Should you have any further feedback on the processes improvement, let us know via Help Desk and we will always address them. Wish you a productive time ahead!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

internet

Nov 26, 2021 - Online Ad Accessories
      Business Outlook

Pros

its good to make money

Cons

its bad for full time workers

HR Manager

Thank you for a review! In case of any issues or suggestions, please come to our HelpDesk.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor pay

Nov 3, 2021 - Content Writer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing at all. A time waster site.

Cons

Frequent extorters. Paying extremely low compared to other writing sites.

HR Manager

Thanks for your frank feedback! Let us assure you that our pay rate is quite competitive compared to other websites. Moreover, we have a lot of bonuses, tips, and promotion benefits. In case you have questions regarding your salary, you are most welcome to visit our HelpDesk. WIsh you a wonderful day!

9. 5.0

good company

Oct 21, 2021 - Freelance Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

excellent workflow and fair pricing

Cons

very strict deadlines during revisions

HR Manager

Thanks a lot for your kind comment! Please be informed that this is a freelance job, meaning that you are your own boss - it's up to you how many orders you take and how much time you spend working. Wishing you a wonderful day!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An okay place

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clarity, Workforce, managers, conversations, work hours

Cons

Pay, locations, no growth, untimely payments

HR Manager

Dear Writer, Thanks for your review! Let us inform you that all the payments are transferred twice a month to your payment method and it's always done in time. Please check more about payment dates there: https://www.writerbay.com/payments.html. As for growth, please check your 'Performance overview' section and the writer's statuses we have. There are a lot of benefits on each level and you always have a chance to apply for the promotion! If you have any concerns, please come to our HelpDesk - we'll gladly help you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews

WriterBay.com Reviews FAQs

78% of WriterBay.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WriterBay.com 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WriterBay.com to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, management, culture.

Popular Careers with WriterBay.com Job Seekers