WunderLand Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 3, 2018

4.3
Matt Hopkins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company Culture"

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time

Pros

WunderLand truly cares about employees. There is a great company culture that is fun, supportive and motivating. Everyone really wants to do well and wants their co-workers to do well. Upper management really supports work-life balance with some working remote options and gives everyone an opportunity to make good money based on their production.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

"Watch out—if you need unemployment, they’ll harass you"

I worked at WunderLand Group full-time

Pros

They helped me find one job.

Cons

After the first gig, they were very little help in finding another. I asked for coaching, I shared leads with them—often they failed to respond at all. And then they began filing challenges to my unemployment. I had to take time out of my new job to respond to the challenges. When IDES found in my favor, they appealed, and took more of my time. They were supposed to be a partner in finding employment. Instead, they have been a hindrance.

Advice to Management

I used to recommend your firm to anyone who was looking. Now I warn off everyone. This behavior is lazy, predatory, and foolish. If all you can do with a good candidate who is asking for feedback and ideas is to harass them via IDES, something is wrong with you.

WunderLand Group Response

Apr 4, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Hello, your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's reviews and feedback like yours that will help us refine the communication process between our... More

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Illustrator
    Current Employee - Illustrator

Pros

The competition is tough for creative positions and Wunderland not only helped me get a foot in the door but were a very supportive ally. They are invested in their employee's success not only getting the job but also their continued happiness at the contract position.

Cons

I honestly don't have any at this time. It has been a very positive work experience and I would recommend it to other creatives.

"Wonderful talent agency - the get you the pay you deserve!"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Success, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Success, NY

I worked at WunderLand Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiter is there for you every step of the way - from salary negotiations to getting you that interview. They assist with your resume as well - don't be lazy about it. They tell you what you need on there and then YOU fix it. They speak to you before the interview & afterwards. Any problems on site? They are there for you - just 1 call/email away. Even tho they are not based in NY, they made an effort to come to the sites they work at the most. No worries about your paycheck! The person who handles payroll is also one step away. Very rare to have recruiters who take YOU & their JOB seriously. I would highly recommend. Last but not least - they really do place marketing creatives in good well paying positions.

Cons

They don't have NYC offices and it would be great if they had more job offerings within the city and not Long Island. No benefits or pto till after 1000 hours -insurance is expensive. But then again it is a freelance company right?

Advice to Management

More positions within NYC and the tri state area.

5. "Great Team Environment"

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Forward thinking collaborative environment
    -Fast paced
    -Great leadership
    -Excellent continuous training

Cons

-Commute
    -Small company work space

6. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative team and people really care about each other.

Cons

can't think of any right now

Advice to Management

keep iterating

"Client Engagement Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Smart, engaged, & fun colleagues. Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedule opportunities. Everyone genuinely cares about each others successes and push each other in a very positive way. We are small and niche and that allows us to develop great relationships with both our clients and our talent. Incredibly low turnover. Super collaborative and just overall a great place to go to everyday!

Cons

We growing, and sometimes that comes with some growing pains!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees as we grow and evolve so we do not lose our strong company culture.

"Love the culture!"

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work at WunderLand are truly caring, engaged and collaborative! There is a ton of expertise within the group, and the company does let individuals play to their strengths. There is also a work/life balance in the company that some agencies shy away from. The Management wants to help continue the growth of the team and their is an authentic mutual respect.

Cons

The processes are being developed, so someone at this point will have to be agile and go with the changes (that will hopefully build on our ability to be the best in the business).

Advice to Management

With the growth, stay close to the employees to keep the culture strong. Continue to value the contributions of the individuals.

9. "Positive and professional experience"

Current Employee - Production Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Production Artist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

+ Small and personal professional atmosphere
    + Great rates for freelancers
    + Working with professionals who have extensive experience in creative recruiting
    + Great opportunities

Cons

I do not have any Cons to add to this review.

"Talent Engagement Manager"

Pros

Small, employee-driven environment with amazing work-life balance! Ability to work independently and try new approaches. I have been at other companies in the past and have never experienced such collaboration. Everyone really truly values team work.

Cons

Entrepreneurial environment means constant change and evolution, which can be a really great thing, but it definitely is not for everyone!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people! Listen to concerns and questions- everything good we have going on is because of our employees.