WunderLand Group Reviews

4.3
WunderLand Group CEO Leo Sheridan
Leo Sheridan
0 Rating
  1. "Great Company Culture"

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time

Pros

WunderLand truly cares about employees. There is a great company culture that is fun, supportive and motivating. Everyone really wants to do well and wants their co-workers to do well. Upper management really supports work-life balance with some working remote options and gives everyone an opportunity to make good money based on their production.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

WunderLand Group2018-10-03

March 13, 2019Social Media Manager

Thanks, we like working with you too! To show our gratitude, we'll send you a sum of money in the form of your next paycheck.

2. "Be careful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at WunderLand Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was hands off. I only worked with who hired me--the client. Wunderland only did our payroll.

Cons

No communication after letting them know my contract was finished. They told me to file for UI.

WunderLand Group2020-05-23

"Watch out—if you need unemployment, they’ll harass you"

1.0

I worked at WunderLand Group full-time

Pros

They helped me find one job.

Cons

After the first gig, they were very little help in finding another. I asked for coaching, I shared leads with them—often they failed to respond at all. And then they began filing challenges to my unemployment. I had to take time out of my new job to respond to the challenges. When IDES found in my favor, they appealed, and took more of my time. They were supposed to be a partner in finding employment. Instead, they have been a hindrance.

WunderLand Group2018-03-16

April 4, 2018Social Media Manager

Hello, your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's reviews and feedback like yours that will help us refine the communication process between our candidates and our recruiters. As a temporary staffing firm working with over 1000 associates at any one time, we strive to ensure that our exposure to paying unemployment benefits is successful. As a business, we need to manage this expense while allowing our associates to benefit when they qualify for unemployment. To manage this, our company policy reflects the industry standard- that is to protest every claim on the grounds of availability. As long as you check in with us weekly and make yourself available for additional work following an assignment, our protest will be retracted immediately. These check-ins are designed to be a time for us to review your updated job experience and to further consult you on your career path. Your benefit will only be affected if you do not check in with us during a particular week. We don’t want to keep you from receiving unemployment benefits you are due, but we also need to protect our business from those who may not have legitimately qualified for these benefits. Hopefully, this will never be an issue but we want to be upfront and honest with you as we will continue to be throughout our working relationship. We are going to continue to do our best to help place you at another one of our great clients. If you're willing to give us another shot, we believe you'll be pleased with the changes we've made. Thank you again for your feedback.

"Great Experience"

Illustrator

I have been working at WunderLand Group

Pros

The competition is tough for creative positions and Wunderland not only helped me get a foot in the door but were a very supportive ally. They are invested in their employee's success not only getting the job but also their continued happiness at the contract position.

Cons

I honestly don't have any at this time. It has been a very positive work experience and I would recommend it to other creatives.

WunderLand Group2016-12-06

March 13, 2019Social Media Manager

Thanks, we appreciate the feedback! We value your contribution and love working with you.

"Wonderful talent agency - the get you the pay you deserve!"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Success, NY

I worked at WunderLand Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recruiter is there for you every step of the way - from salary negotiations to getting you that interview. They assist with your resume as well - don't be lazy about it. They tell you what you need on there and then YOU fix it. They speak to you before the interview & afterwards. Any problems on site? They are there for you - just 1 call/email away. Even tho they are not based in NY, they made an effort to come to the sites they work at the most. No worries about your paycheck! The person who handles payroll is also one step away. Very rare to have recruiters who take YOU & their JOB seriously. I would highly recommend. Last but not least - they really do place marketing creatives in good well paying positions.

Cons

They don't have NYC offices and it would be great if they had more job offerings within the city and not Long Island. No benefits or pto till after 1000 hours -insurance is expensive. But then again it is a freelance company right?

WunderLand Group2016-10-12
  6. "Great Team Environment"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilton, CT

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Forward thinking collaborative environment -Fast paced -Great leadership -Excellent continuous training

Cons

-Commute -Small company work space

WunderLand Group2016-08-02
  7. "Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative team and people really care about each other.

Cons

can't think of any right now

WunderLand Group2016-05-04

"Client Engagement Manager"

in Chicago, IL

I have been working at WunderLand Group

Pros

Smart, engaged, & fun colleagues. Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedule opportunities. Everyone genuinely cares about each others successes and push each other in a very positive way. We are small and niche and that allows us to develop great relationships with both our clients and our talent. Incredibly low turnover. Super collaborative and just overall a great place to go to everyday!

Cons

We growing, and sometimes that comes with some growing pains!

WunderLand Group2015-07-31

"Love the culture!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilton, CT

I have been working at WunderLand Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people who work at WunderLand are truly caring, engaged and collaborative! There is a ton of expertise within the group, and the company does let individuals play to their strengths. There is also a work/life balance in the company that some agencies shy away from. The Management wants to help continue the growth of the team and their is an authentic mutual respect.

Cons

The processes are being developed, so someone at this point will have to be agile and go with the changes (that will hopefully build on our ability to be the best in the business).

WunderLand Group2015-07-24
  10. "Positive and professional experience"

Production Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at WunderLand Group

Pros

+ Small and personal professional atmosphere + Great rates for freelancers + Working with professionals who have extensive experience in creative recruiting + Great opportunities

Cons

I do not have any Cons to add to this review.

WunderLand Group2015-07-11