WunderLand Group Reviews

1. 5.0

Great place to work!

Dec 2, 2020 - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that truly cares about their employees, candidates, and clients alike. Small team backed by a larger organization that has management and peers that are very extremely transparent and supportive. They want to see you succeed and will go out of their way to support you in whatever you need. I've had no troubles with speaking my mind as well - open door policy is amazing!

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Another wunderland lawyer.

Jun 15, 2020 - Contractor in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing good. They sue you

Cons

I just got a repayment bill and my weekly stack of court papers from the IDES after a surprise early morning court case with the lovely wunderland group. I was looking for work you just did not have any so now you sue me. I am looking forward to my weekly unemployment fraud case next week. #Stay safe I did not know I needed a lawyer when looking for a job. They hide small things in there on boarding paper work to use against you when the work dries up. Be careful

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Marketing

Hello - we're sorry you're experiencing frustration and our management team would be happy to talk with you 1-1 about our practices around unemployment. Please contact me, ljohnson@advancedgroup.com, and I'd be happy to connect you with our leaders. Thank you!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be careful.

May 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was hands off. I only worked with who hired me--the client. Wunderland only did our payroll.

Cons

No communication after letting them know my contract was finished. They told me to file for UI.

Director of Marketing

Hello - our goal is to make a difference for every candidate we work with. We're sorry you're unable to give us a higher rating and we would love the chance to get more feedback from you so we can continuously improve. If you'd be open to that conversation please let me know - I'm Lana , our marketing director and my email is ljohnson@advancedgroup.com. Thank you and be well.

4. 5.0

Great Company Culture

Oct 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

WunderLand truly cares about employees. There is a great company culture that is fun, supportive and motivating. Everyone really wants to do well and wants their co-workers to do well. Upper management really supports work-life balance with some working remote options and gives everyone an opportunity to make good money based on their production.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Be the first to find this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks, we like working with you too! To show our gratitude, we'll send you a sum of money in the form of your next paycheck.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful talent agency - the get you the pay you deserve!

Oct 12, 2016 - Marketing Coordinator in Lake Success, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiter is there for you every step of the way - from salary negotiations to getting you that interview. They assist with your resume as well - don't be lazy about it. They tell you what you need on there and then YOU fix it. They speak to you before the interview & afterwards. Any problems on site? They are there for you - just 1 call/email away. Even tho they are not based in NY, they made an effort to come to the sites they work at the most. No worries about your paycheck! The person who handles payroll is also one step away. Very rare to have recruiters who take YOU & their JOB seriously. I would highly recommend. Last but not least - they really do place marketing creatives in good well paying positions.

Cons

They don't have NYC offices and it would be great if they had more job offerings within the city and not Long Island. No benefits or pto till after 1000 hours -insurance is expensive. But then again it is a freelance company right?

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for!

Jun 24, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller, growing company where you can see the impact of your efforts. Values integrity, creativity (problem-solving), having a positive attitude and collaboration. Excellent work/life balance. Given autonomy, flexibility and trust. There is not one way to do things and there is always a better way! High value on employee engagement and morale. Nature of the staffing business and company age provides personal + professional growth opportunities and fulfilling/challenging work. All these pros contribute to how our internal staff interacts with clients & candidates. Good reputation.

Cons

Start-up culture is not for everyone - requires being open to change, trying new things, contributing outside of your defined role. Process and infrastructure are evolving. Not for someone who needs intense structure and hands-on management.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

I got to meet some nice people through the contract job.

Cons

Wunderland placed me in a contract job that couldn't be the farthest from what I wanted or what my work reflected. They positioned this opportunity as a great experience; that I would have the chance to make my mark and after a few months of working in this environment I realized that was not the case. Instead I landed in an unchallenging, incapable of change, environment where people are scared to suggest change for fear of getting let go. I befriended several other contractors who came in through Wunderland several months prior to me and had expressed the same concerns, to Wunderland, that this contract job was not the way they described it to them. Based on this I have the opinion that Wunderland glossed over these details and just like every other placement agency, only cared about making money off the talent.

12 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder

I'm really sorry to hear about this, and I want to get to the bottom of it. Please give me a call at 312-506-8586 so we can talk, and most importantly, if necessary get you into a new position in a better environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love the culture!

Jul 24, 2015 - Recruiter in Wilton, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work at WunderLand are truly caring, engaged and collaborative! There is a ton of expertise within the group, and the company does let individuals play to their strengths. There is also a work/life balance in the company that some agencies shy away from. The Management wants to help continue the growth of the team and their is an authentic mutual respect.

Cons

The processes are being developed, so someone at this point will have to be agile and go with the changes (that will hopefully build on our ability to be the best in the business).

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Client Engagement Manager

Jul 31, 2015 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, engaged, & fun colleagues. Excellent work/life balance with flexible schedule opportunities. Everyone genuinely cares about each others successes and push each other in a very positive way. We are small and niche and that allows us to develop great relationships with both our clients and our talent. Incredibly low turnover. Super collaborative and just overall a great place to go to everyday!

Cons

We growing, and sometimes that comes with some growing pains!

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great Experience

Dec 6, 2016 - Illustrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The competition is tough for creative positions and Wunderland not only helped me get a foot in the door but were a very supportive ally. They are invested in their employee's success not only getting the job but also their continued happiness at the contract position.

Cons

I honestly don't have any at this time. It has been a very positive work experience and I would recommend it to other creatives.

4 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks, we appreciate the feedback! We value your contribution and love working with you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews