Wunderkind Reviews

Updated May 6, 2022

Found 170 of over 177 reviews

3.8
Wunderkind Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban

16 Comments

Advertising

115.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wunderkind~807088
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with!(in 29 reviews)
  • "Lots of smart engineer and great culture.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly, interesting, accepting, fun, smart, etc.(in 18 reviews)
  • "There's pretty much every startup perk you can imagine and the team is comprised of New York's best and brightest.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Beautiful office space.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wunderkind and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

A great place to work

Apr 19, 2022 - Customer Success Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture Benefits Office perks Great clients Overall a really great company

Cons

None to note! A great job

2. 4.0

Good place to work

May 6, 2022 - Customer Success Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely very nice people work here, lots of great perks, gorgeous office, and more of an emphasis on diversity than you might see at other tech companies (still not great though)

Cons

Not the most intellectually stimulated I've ever been by a job

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fascinating Place to Work

Apr 15, 2022 - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very interesting time to be at Wunderkind to see how we continue to innovate, and pivot at a critical time in the retail/e-comm industry -Drop dead gorgeous office (74 + 75 floor on World Trade Center) -The business development team has an incredibly strong culture, and team spirit. Especially if you start at the same time as other kids -Compensation for the business development team/sales team is highly attractive -Can still leave your stamp and create new things within Wunderkind not related to your core job -Very, very entrepreneurial culture

Cons

Typical growing pains as the company scales and matures (process, annoyances, etc..)

Continue reading
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good for a while, but not sustainable

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Office space is nice, Wunderkind is focused on D&I initiatives, some interesting clients to work with if you're lucky

Cons

Lack of transparency amongst management, business model doesn't feel sustainable in providing the same level of service to all clients, rapid hiring has created problems with enablement/training and the talent being brought in

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Little to no room for error

Apr 20, 2022 - Conversion Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here was made me more resilient and I learned how to challenge myself more and do more than I could actually think I can do

Cons

I could understand their goal of making sure meployees take ownership of their process but having little to no room for error was too much. We all have our own learning curve and it's so unfair to have extremely high expectation for someone just starting out with their jobs

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0

No feeling

Mar 27, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Actually, I don't see any pros

Cons

People keep leaving. Very unstable

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0

Not a promising company

Mar 7, 2022 - Anonymous Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of friendly and supportive people working here.

Cons

This company lacks innovation because the upper management lacks vision. I don't think this is a promising company considering how backward the equipment and strategies are. For some reason, the management refuses to utilize modern technology so the company could have a chance to catch up to its competitors.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Demanding and isolated

Feb 14, 2022 - Business Development Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-the office is amazing -perks are great

Cons

-team collaboration is nonexistent -demanding nature of the job to exceed expectations -micromanagement is horrible -collaboration in the company is minimal

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working here

Feb 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-company culture -everyone is SO nice and always willing to help -beautiful NYC office -best in class tech -competitive salary -growth and opportunities

Cons

-i truthfully don’t have any cons at all!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Employee Happiness Comes First

Jan 30, 2022 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wunderkind has done a fantastic job of ensuring all of their employees are happy. The CEO and executives have invested themselves fully by providing Budget funded ERG's (Employee Resource Groups), a career coach, a life coach, and amazing benefits. They have paid maternity (6 months), paid paternity (3 months), paid pawternity (1 week), 20 PTO days, 14 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and so much more. This is truly a very progressive company that takes care of their employees.

Cons

Some growing pains, but that is to be expected.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 170 Reviews

Wunderkind Reviews FAQs

Wunderkind has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 177 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Wunderkind to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wunderkind employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wunderkind. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

66% of Wunderkind employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wunderkind 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wunderkind to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be management, work life balance, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Wunderkind Job Seekers