Cover image for Wunderkind

Wunderkind

Engaged Employer

Wunderkind

Add a Review

Wunderkind Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 208 of over 208 reviews
3.7
58% Recommend to a Friend
40% Approve of CEO

Found 3 of over 208 reviews

3.7
Wunderkind Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban

70 Comments

Tech

455.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wunderkind~807088
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with!(in 28 reviews)
  • "It is a great experience and culture(in 21 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly, interesting, accepting, fun, smart, etc.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Office is great and the perks are a plus.(in 15 reviews)
  • "There's pretty much every startup perk you can imagine and the team is comprised of New York's best and brightest.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wunderkind and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company gets it. I enjoy going to work. What a concept.

Mar 6, 2018 - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent hiring process - moved incredibly quickly, didn't waste my time. Special shoutout to Andrada Saitoc and Andrew Green. Great culture - Management/leadership encourages constructive feedback, work/life balance is great, in-office perks are generous. Leadership cares about

Cons

Company is experiencing growing pains of a company in hyper-growth mode. New business is coming in at a rate that is tough to keep up with from a product growth standpoint, so resources are often strapped in certain departments to hit deadlines.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

An OK Company but not more than that

Oct 11, 2021 - Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work time Work life balance Great people

Cons

1. The worst and most expansive health insurance I ever had (the employer only covers a certain portion of the employee's health insurance, family as well as vision and dental falls purely on the employee to cover). 2. For the size of the company I expected more methodology in place(growing pains as well). 3. Very little equity

8 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Wunderkind team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Great Place to Grow

Oct 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There are fun problems to solve and plenty of responsibility and agency given to people that are willing to roll up their sleeves - Very smart people with diverse skill-sets - Collaborative atmosphere where once you earn the trust of others around you, most go through great lengths to help you out when needed

Cons

- This is a start-up going through many of the growing pains of growth, which requires cleaning up some messes you didn't make and is maybe not for everyone - Key leadership positions normally present at a company this stage are missing which can cause friction and inefficiencies

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

So far so good but we’ll see

Apr 18, 2020 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product Very intelligent people Collaborative and creative atmosphere Great perks Growing industry

Cons

Still some growing pains Very young workforce

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

The Full Package

Oct 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my previous role I had exposure to 100's of tech organisations, yet this is the only one which I ever considered jumping ship to, a few points below on why this company turned my head- Great team on both sides of the pond- welcoming, friendly, supportive, open and transparent. There is no sense of hierarchy in terms of who you interact with and everyone is super approachable. The companies focus on training and development is excellent. The initial on-boarding is very thorough, giving you the best opportunity to hit the ground running. This is then topped up regularly, whether it be team, office, company or individually based. The benefits are excellent and the best I have ever had from an employer, which is often rare with businesses who are still so young/ startup. You truly feel cared for and like you matter. Work hard / play hard. This is my first role where I have had a true work/ life balance and particularly one of which I have not felt guilty or judged for having... which is rare in the role I do. If anything this feeling of autonomy in fact makes me want to work harder and be successful for the company and myself. The culture is lovely and I knew from my first interview that this is where I wanted to be.

Cons

As with all startups there are inevitable growing pains, changes/ additions to process and structure but quite frankly all the Pro's weigh this out. The senior management/ directors are also super open to suggestions and ideas - which is great as this is often kept to the more senior members of the team with no chance for other employees to share their inputs/ opinions.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Wunderkind Response

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Wow, we love that you've taken the time to write such a thoughtful review and we're so glad it was BounceX that turned your head! It's great that you value the work/life balance we're cultivating here - startups aren't ordinarily known for this so thanks for the shout out! And yes, we feel those growing pangs too as we evolve into a global organisation, but we're glad you feel like your input is appreciated and valued - we can assure you it is! - Your fellow BounceXers

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing

Sep 25, 2018 - Director, Conversion Strategy in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture - intelligent, stimulating, challenging and caring. Good sense of community. Amazing position in the market - get to be a startup but yet simultaneously work for some of the biggest brands in the world. Super tight integration with our amazing team in New York, with opportunities to visit.

Cons

We are a startup, and that comes with a few growing pains which aren't for everybody - it requires people to dig in and do a variety of work, and sometimes career progression can be less prescriptive and more what you make of it. That doesn't appeal to everybody, however I love it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Be the first to find this review helpful