Cover image for Wunderkind

Wunderkind

Engaged Employer

Wunderkind

Add a Review

Wunderkind Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 208 of over 208 reviews
3.7
58% Recommend to a Friend
40% Approve of CEO

Found 21 of over 208 reviews

3.7
Wunderkind Co-Founder & CEO Ryan Urban (no image)
Ryan Urban

70 Comments

Tech

457.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wunderkind~807088
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with!(in 26 reviews)
  • "It is a great experience and culture(in 23 reviews)
  • "Everyone is friendly, interesting, accepting, fun, smart, etc.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Office is great and the perks are a plus.(in 16 reviews)
  • "There's pretty much every startup perk you can imagine and the team is comprised of New York's best and brightest.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wunderkind and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting time to be a part of the company.

Sep 3, 2019 - Art Director/Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart, driven and kind group of fellow employees. Work-life balance is best I have had. Amazing benefits.

Cons

There has been turnover lately, but luckily my department is committed.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

An OK Company but not more than that

Oct 11, 2021 - Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work time Work life balance Great people

Cons

1. The worst and most expansive health insurance I ever had (the employer only covers a certain portion of the employee's health insurance, family as well as vision and dental falls purely on the employee to cover). 2. For the size of the company I expected more methodology in place(growing pains as well). 3. Very little equity

8 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Wunderkind team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Would not recommend to others

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is very nice.

Cons

The company isn’t diverse. Leadership especially is not diverse. There’s a lot of issues with management and organization. They do not prioritize work/life balance.

12 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Great company

Jan 13, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks and benefits Great office

Cons

Cliquey culture Work/life balance Siloed work culture

6. 2.0

Proceed with caution

Jul 30, 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They take a real interest in professional development. You'll work with some super smart, wonderful humans. The people are probably the best asset. If you leverage the resources correctly and can navigate company politics, you'll flourish.

Cons

They laid everyone off. Not much work/life balance. The tech requires an enormous amount of human touch and is prone to breaking. Office politics are rampant and the leadership talks a good talk but isnt very competant.

22 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

I Love It

Feb 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

(To squash any rumors: I am not an executive writing this). I've been at BounceX for a bit over a year, and I'm still incredibly impressed. This place is special, there's no denying it. Another reviewer said it best: getting a job here is competitive, but internal competition isn't an issue. People are genuinely supportive of one another and the general attitude is that everyone here wants everyone to succeed. Arguably the biggest pro of working at BounceX is that we truly become a necessary part of most of our clients’ business. We make a difference, we’re respected, and we get to collaborate as partners and not just as a vendor. People work very hard here. It’s hard to stand out because everyone is so damn driven. If you’re looking for a company where it’s easy to shine, BounceX is not the place for you. Most people are high-performers and it’s not part of the culture to seek out public praise. People works as teams, not individuals.

Cons

There isn’t pressure to stay late, but there is a lot to get done. Work-life balance can be a challenge but, at least for me, the work is exciting enough that I’m happy to dedicate much of my time to BounceX. People are a little less social than normal because we’re in a temporary working space. However, I’d emphasize that this is a temporary problem and really isn’t that bad. Transparency into the product roadmap has been limited at times, but this is definitely improving.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing company, turning a new corner

Jan 14, 2019 - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down, I've never worked with such smart, driven, and hard working people. I think every growing software company has it's challenges, and BounceX certainly is up there one of the most innovative products. The company and people are committed to making sure your values and individualism are heard. We have a strong focus on diversity and inclusion here, and the leadership team is listening and making strong and positive changes. Sure, the product could always be better, but go to another tech company and you'll hear the same gripes - work life balance, product not perfect, too many office politics. The grass isn't always greener, folks. Health benefits, parental leave, sabbatical, PTO, VTO, 401k are some of the best in the industry. People support each other and their career development, through ups and downs and with every turn of the company. Really cool opportunities to join culture groups, employee groups, and volunteer during work and after hours. No pressure to "stay late to move ahead mentality."

Cons

I've experience ups and downs here at BounceX - just with other tech and product focused companies, there will be roadblocks and challenges. Temp space has caused disconnect, but we will be moving to 1WTC soon. Just like other tech companies, product launches and onboarding could be smoother. Don't get rid of the small perks that make a big impact - coaching, UK-US buddy system, weekly breakfasts, and volunteer opportunities.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Rapidly Growing Company of Self-Starters

Dec 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

BounceX is an extremely exciting place to work. The environment is fast-paced and encourages continual curiosity. Your ideas are valued-- the leadership team is invested in your growth, and outside-of-the-box thinking is the norm. An interest in continually improving yourself will get you far here. It's stimulating-- hours are long and the work is challenging but rewarding. Though you are expected to operate with a healthy level of autonomy, you don't ever feel like you are working alone or without gratitude. Perks and food are excellent. The people. Hands down the best group of co-workers I have ever had. Getting a job here is competitive, but internal competition is minimal-- there is an astounding level of teamwork and support. I am friends with many of my co-workers. The CEO-- Ryan is an incredible leader. He's warm and down to earth. He's definitely out there, but he ensures that the office atmosphere stays friendly, exciting and positive. He eats with a different employee every single day. You are overestimated and pushed-- in a good way. You are constantly given projects that stretch your knowledge and current ability. They hire very smart people and then truly develop them into the best version of themselves.

Cons

Some people here do struggle with work/life balance, though I have never seen long hours encouraged by management. The types of people who work here generally hold themselves to high standards and can many times be seen working late into the night.

10. 4.0

Great Entry Level Development

May 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great career development opportunities for entry level positions in account management and engineering - Fun office culture. Open floor plan, stocked beer fridge, regular company and team outings and generally awesome people - Mid-level management are for the most part quality human beings, and truly care about their employees

Cons

- Executive team is a mess, cannot get on the same page and does not take feedback or criticism well - Work life balance does not exist. Your coworkers will also be your friends and family (which may be a pro to some) - To succeed you not only have to put in the work, you also have to put in the face time at the happy hours, company events and after work functions. Which is good if you like to party - not so good if you don't.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company gets it. I enjoy going to work. What a concept.

Mar 6, 2018 - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent hiring process - moved incredibly quickly, didn't waste my time. Special shoutout to Andrada Saitoc and Andrew Green. Great culture - Management/leadership encourages constructive feedback, work/life balance is great, in-office perks are generous. Leadership cares about

Cons

Company is experiencing growing pains of a company in hyper-growth mode. New business is coming in at a rate that is tough to keep up with from a product growth standpoint, so resources are often strapped in certain departments to hit deadlines.

1 person found this review helpful