Wunderman Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Mark Read

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is hit or miss (in 18 reviews)

• Senior management didn't fully understand some of the products they were responsible for (in 16 reviews)

1. "Project Management Intern"

Former Employee - Project Management Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Project Management Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wunderman (Less than a year)

Pros

Best internship I have ever had. Great company cultures and supporting mentors. Be prepared to meet with the brightest, smartest, and super fun people. The people I have met there helped me tons with my job search after the duration of my internship.

They really value their interns and interns get to work on real projects. Challenging but always fun at the same time. If you get offered an internship here, take it! You will learn a tons.

Cons

Nothing really. I loved my experiences here even though I have interned for multiple places before.

2. "Copywriter"

Current Intern - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Copywriter in New York, NY

I have been working at Wunderman as an intern

Pros

Everyone was very nice and helpful. I got to work on a real campaign and develop it with a team. We got experience pitching our work to the ECD, strategy, and publicity teams.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. It is large and more corporate so it would come down to a preference in work culture.

"A great agency to work at!"

Current Employee - Global Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Global Account Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wunderman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Strong Leadership Team: New President appointed last November (Robbee Minicola), who set up with the SLT a clear strategy plan for 2017 & upcoming years

- Important clients to work for: The two main accounts are Microsoft and T-Mobile, they consider Wunderman as a key partner (instead of a mere vendor)

- Global breadth: Part of the WPP group, Wunderman has a big network which includes 175 offices in 60 countries

- Learning development: This is supported by Education & Training sessions, and a mentorship program

- Positive environment: Friendly, collaborative workplace where new ideas are always welcome and you get the chance to have your say

Cons

Nothing major to highlight: some of the IT equipment is not best-in-class, but there are already plans in place to modernize it soon.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

4. "A Company that listens to their employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wunderman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Wunderman Seattle they have taken their time to listen to what the employees want. Committees have been set up by employees on important issues such as Education and Training and many more. These committees are taking action to help us grow. It has always been the people that make Wunderman Seattle great but now we are being supported even more.

Cons

Previous cons are being addressed with these new initiatives.

"Great Culture, Love Where We're Heading"

Current Employee - Group Account Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Group Account Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wunderman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at a variety of agencies over the past 20 years and this place has the best culture of any. True collaboration and team spirit across departments, work hard/play hard mentality and spirit of partnership internally and with our clients. I also love the direction the agency is headed - new areas of growth and innovation, empowering people more, clear career growth opportunities and more. We've brought in new talent in every department and it's shown in terms of the work and recognition from our clients.

Cons

Honestly, the biggest cons have been addressed. Merit and cost-of-living increases were stagnant for a while, but that's now over a year in the past. We've promoted from within and given clear career growth direction to our people, as well.

Advice to Management

Keep measuring against our KPIs and report what's working and what's not. Give everyone the opportunity to stretch and the freedom to fail.

6. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Wunderman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is good... flexible work schedule is great!

Cons

Compensation is not as high as it should be

Advice to Management

Keep up the good culture.

"Tremendous Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Company allows you to be yourself, to chart your own path. Tons of opportunity to advance and grow. Generous vacation and leave. Relaxed atmosphere. Strong, friendly culture.

Cons

Pay scale could be improved.

Advice to Management

Management genuinely cares about the staff, but is sometimes hampered by being part of aa global network.

"Digital Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Pros

Great clients and exposure to many verticals

Cons

Work atmosphere very boring and people are reserved

Advice to Management

Can make work more fun

9. "Copywriting Gig"

Former Contractor - Senior CopyWriter in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Senior CopyWriter in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wunderman as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on contract as a copywriter. While i was only at Wunderman once a week (the client requested that the copywriting team be embedded onsite) I loved my time there. Not only was there a great company culture, but in the face of an incredibly difficult client they were nothing but supportive and receptive. I've worked at a lot of places that would not have cared about or done anything to manage the client.

Cons

Honestly, my biggest issue was that once the client unexpectedly cancelled the project, there was no work for me to jump on, so i had to go try and find a new opportunity.

Advice to Management

Prioritize finding new clients so there's more work to go around. I would have loved to stay there on a long-term basis.

10. "Good Environment"

Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Wunderman (Less than a year)

Pros

Multiple discipline, Fast growth, Responsibilities ,

Cons

work life balance is not good

Advice to Management

Go for global business