Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center President & CEO Ramon J. Rodriguez
Ramon J. Rodriguez

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wyckoff, best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - President and Chief Executive Officer in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - President and Chief Executive Officer in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated Staff, willing to learn, respectful and kind. We are all in this rewarding and often tough environment together. I am humbled by the responsibility and sometimes worried if I've been a good enough leader during these 6 years. I love my job.
    Please let me know how your experience with us went. If anyone wants to tell me what they think about our people and our service, please call the general number and ask for my assistant. If I'm free, I will speak to you. I might ask one of my colleagues to follow up, but I'll listen to the pros and cons of your experience. And you don't have to tell me who you are, if your shy.
    Ramón
    CEO

Cons

All organizations have bad days, all workers, management and physicians forget on occasion that our patients and their loved ones are often frightened and worried. Sometimes we don't respond in a respectful and kind way. It happens and it is wrong. We are Wyckoff and we always do our best, always respect and always lead with kindness. When we don't and it does happen. When it does we've failed ourselves and our promise as a community hospital. We are a no knucklehead workplace environment. Its hard to be a healthcare and services system in New York and harder still to be a community hospital that is a safety net organization.

Advice to Management

Listen, really listen. Bring your smile and good graces to work everyday. Live by the Golden rule. Respectful always and lead with Kindness.

2. "Human Resources Assistant"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After applying for the HR position. I received an email to confirm for an interview. Never did I receive a phone call to verify if that time even work for me. They sent me an email to come in on a Monday at 3 p.m. for an interview. Never once did they call me to see if that time you can work for me. I wasn't given an option I was just told to confirm for the interview. Very impersonal and inconveniencing. When I arrive there there was no parking because obviously the interview was for 3 p.m. . With the frustration of not of not being able to find parking. I decided to cancel my interview and just leave. Really bad taste in my mouth... bad experience.

Cons

No parking. Parking lot is for Dr's only. And the starting salary for an HR Assistant is pretty low.

Advice to Management

Less impersonal. More professional. Learnto communicate, and work with the candidate. It's not always about you'r needs.

3. "Registered Nurse-take care of pre o.o and post op surgical patients, about 8pts per day."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Good benefits, wonderful nurses and manager, worked as a team

Cons

Short staffing, attitude problems with some staff, administration needed to hire more per diem

4. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, depends on the department, very good time off, paid vacations and holidays, union 1199

Cons

Some managers are rude, slow , unpredictable layoff due to financial situation

Advice to Management

Just work

5. "administrative assistant"

I worked at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

other than benefits there are none

Cons

hospital losses 100 million a year with poor quality outcomes and lathargic management who has seen there time come and go

Advice to Management

replace senior management and infuse with fresh and passionate senior leadership instead of politics

6. "clerical"

Current Employee - Clerk in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Clerk in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are very nice and caring.

Cons

Communication among departments is messy. Layoffs very often.

Advice to Management

It will be great if there was a system where management communicated effectively. Communication is really something that needs to improve among departments.

7. "Management at WIC needs to improve"

I worked at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time

Pros

Good to start and get experience
    Staff (clerical staff and nutritionists) are helpful and always willing to train new people

Cons

Too much micromanagement- 3 supervisors who are hovering over you all day
    Management is always asking for presentations to be done last minute
    No room for growth
    Management assigns staff to do special events (ex: 5 year old graduation) to impress the higher management (State) and gives no money to spend. All the money has to come out of pocket from the staff.

Advice to Management

If you ask your staff for a suggestion be open to new ideas don't turn them down. Appreciate your staff they will do more for you in return.

8. "Nurses tech/ ER & Peds Clinic"

Former Employee - Nurse Tech in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Nurse Tech in New York, NY

I worked at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get excellent experience when the real good management were there for 2015-2016 👎🏻GARBAGE, pay decent, it's a learning hospital. I love what I did

Cons

Management and employees are very unprofessional. Management always make you feel like you have to pray daily not to get fired. Very unorganized, rules are made after you get yourself written up.

Advice to Management

They need to be humble and caring. Be more human. Treat others as they would like others to treat them. If they a Zero - to rate them I would Rate Wyckoff a Zero - 👎🏻

9. "Good environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Down to earth nice staff convenience

Cons

Hard tomfind for some. Language barrier

Advice to Management

Continue to structure

10. "good hospital"

I worked at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center part-time

Pros

Staff was friendly and helpful

Cons

a little disorganized but overall a good place to work