Wyle Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wyle President and CEO Roger Wiederkehr
Roger Wiederkehr

Pros
  • My group was good about work-life balance and flexible schedules (in 8 reviews)

• Great work life balance, flexible hours, nice professional people, laid back (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • As a government contractor, you can be at the mercy of how contracts get renewed or assigned (in 5 reviews)

• disconnect between senior level management and employees (in 3 reviews)

"Wyle - An Employer of choice in the Defense Industry Sector"

Current Employee - Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Test and Evaluation Engineer in Lexington Park, MD

Pros

Wyle is still an employer of choice among Defense Industry professionals. The company is very employee oriented and offers very good benefits comparable to the best available. Excellent 401K program with generous employer matching. Several choices for medical and dental insurance, employer provided short term and long term disability pay with optional increase. Wyle also provides life insurance with very affordable optional increases for the employee, spouse and dependants.
    Wyle wants their quality employees to stay, so intra-orgnization job advancement and placement opportunities abound as does assistance with job placement if a contract or position is removed, to the point of going outside the company to help an employee! Quality management is the norm and most salaries exceed national averages.

Cons

There's not many reasons to not work for Wyle but there are some areas that, as a long term employee, bother me. There is no sick leave only short/long term disabilty which is only available if one is admitted to a hospital overnight or after 4 days of being ill. This a problem in today's medical care system, where more procedures are being performed in offices and only require one or two days for recovery, and also for those times when employees are ill with flu or some other temporary illness.
    There is also limited opportunity to move into management and there is a lack of merit raises and promotions for non management personnel. For most employees bonuses are non existant and those metered out are measely.

Advice to Management

Implement an annual 2 week use or lose sick leave allowance for employees. Refocus on the primary objective that Wyle provides quality support for customers that sustains the Wyle reputation within the Defense, other Government and private sector industries and reward your employees appropriately.

2. "Wyle is an industry leader and a great employer."

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technician in Lexington Park, MD

Pros

Above industry standard benefits, very good communication between management and employees. Market leader in salaries. Family first mentality.

Cons

Glass ceiling is very obvious.

Advice to Management

Watch salary desparity between peers based on gender.

3. "Best company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington Park, MD

Pros

Wyle is honest when they say they believe in work/life balance. Mid sized company that feels like a small company. Senior Management are down to earth and easy to talk to. Opportunities abound at this company. I have never seen a company more focused on employee growth and development. They are working very hard to make this the preferred place to work, and doing a good job at it.

Cons

Your basic cons you find anywhere, you're never going to like everyone you work with but 99% of employees I've met and worked with are great people.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, Wyle is a great place to work and the leadership has a lot to do with it.

5. "Wyle--A great company to work for."

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wyle offers good opportunity to move around in the company.

Cons

Sometimes feel detached from main company due to working directly with customer at their site, but not from a lack of the company attempting to include us.

"Good Opportunities - Solid Management Team"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The unique thing about Wyle is that the Management Team listens to staff's concerns and recommendations. There are plenty of opportunities for career advancement and challenging assignments. Definitely a good company to work for.

Cons

I've been with the company for more than 5 years and do not have any negative thoughts about the firm at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to maintain the edge over our competitors.

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership, salary, company culture and benefits

Cons

This company is not perfect, but it really is a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Provide more leadership positions

8. "Wyle - A First Rate Systems Engineering, Professional, and Scientific Technical Services Firm"

Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Test Engineer/Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Wyle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wyle is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with fairness and respect. Competitive benefits, promotions based on merit, and full range of medical/dental, vision, 401K, and insurance choices.

Cons

Biggest challenge is that Wyle needs to expand its brand to all DoD and Federal Agencies. This limits job opportunities for those in parts of the country with a full range of DoD presence.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to the needs and perceptions of the government task leads. Be willing to let the government propose a path ahead. As a military program manager, I know what government leads tend to need from their contractor team.

9. "Working for Wyle has been UNBELIEVABE"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Wyle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wyle promotes from within and their benefits package rivals any out there.

Cons

not enough positions to be filled

Advice to Management

Great job letting the team make decisions when it relates to them....

10. "Customer Support and Inside Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Wyle was a great company to work for. We exceeded customer expectations every day. Our pricing is higher than our major competition, but we delivered quality service. I worked for the Wyle Test Lab for 7 years, glad I did and very proud supporting many successful programs. The management team has solid expertise in what we did and they do not overlook an employees hard work and dedication. I LOVE Wyle. The test lab division was acquired by our competitor NTS, and I decided to resign.

Cons

I think Wyle made a mistake letting go of their test lab.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to GROW..

11. "No complaints"

I have been working at Wyle full-time

Pros

Wyle is a fantastic company. My coworkers are very professional and friendly. I was welcomed and treated as part of the team immediately. Great compensation and benefits. Good work/life balance.

Cons

I have not seen any cons at this point in time. Very much a collaborative environment when working through any issues.