Wyndham Capital Mortgage Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2020

3.6
Wyndham Capital Mortgage CEO Jeff Douglas
Jeff Douglas
Pros
  • "Great work environment with great people(in 10 reviews)

• "Structured around allow sales to focus solely on sales, pushing loans through the process(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work Life balance could be difficult for those with families(in 15 reviews)

• "There is no cons for me at the moment(in 8 reviews)

1. "A+ Culture Driven Company"

Current Employee - Senior Mortgage Banker

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

The are culture driven company. Structured around allow sales to focus solely on sales, pushing loans through the process. Accountability in every department.

Cons

None that are apparent to myself.

2. "Best Mortgage Company in existance"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for less than a year

Pros

I originate loans and don't have to process them too. This is the only company that I've worked at in 20 years that does what they say. From management to ownership, I feel supported in every way. The rates are outstanding and they do not charge any lender fees that make us very competitive. The managers know their stuff and really do want us to succeed. We have complete autonomy too. The compensation and benefits are great too!

Cons

I cannot think of any

Continue reading

3. "it was ok...no where to really go though"

Former Employee - Post Closer

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

people are nice for sure

Cons

you dont really seem to matter if you aren't in sales

"Worst...Company...EVER!"

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Humanitarian causes and events to give back to our local community.

Cons

Have you ever wished for lightening to strike you vs. going to work? For the first time in decades, that’s how I wake up each morning and it’s because of WCM. For being around for as long as we have, WCM runs their business like complete amateurs. No discipline. No consistency. Changes directions like the wind and stretching resources so thin, they fail or burnout. While the business is exceeding expectations due to record low interest rates, they’ve been known to hire large groups of Loan Officers but as soon as the Fed raises rates, “locked loans” go down, layoffs occur and people’s financial and personal lives are destroyed. WCM seems to be revolving door of upper management musical chairs which becomes obvious once you’ve worked here for awhile. In my experience, the most brilliant and decorated management professionals I’ve seen strive on discipline, execution, focus and vision. In my opinion, the Executive team at WCM is the exact opposite. They’re deceptive, lacks clear direction, process, procedure, documentation and sets its employees up to fail or blames their them for their nearsightedness. Comical is upper Management is given impressive titles on paper but in comparison to the “real business world”, none hold a candle to understanding what that title actually calls for, how to formulate a disciplined and focused business plan under that position or how to lead people effectively. In decades of working for a half dozen companies, I’ve NEVER experienced a more toxic, mentally manipulating, stressful, depressing and two-faced company as I currently do at WCM. If you’re considering applying or taking a job, do your research, study their track record and think long and hard about your decision. Look at the reckless hiring/layoff process others have described in reviews during their tenure at WCM. Finally look at the string of talented, experienced and tenured professionals that have left running after seeing what’s really behind the curtain. I was fooled and hope others see through the false rainbows and empty promises.

January 2, 2020SVP of Human Capital

We are very sorry that your experience at Wyndham has not been a positive one if the above statements are truly how you view the efforts of many hard working employees across all levels at Wyndham who help shape where we are going and who we are. The comments made above regarding your mental and emotional health is very concerning to our team and want to encourage you to utilize any one of the resources made available to you such our anonymous hotline. On this platform you can discuss with Leadership anonymously your concerns and personal strains to help navigate your thoughts and feeling productively. If you need additional assistance, our Employee Assistance Program or Well.co Program is available to aid in connecting you with professionals to help you understand and manage things such as stress and depression that can impact many people.

"Joke of A Company"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office, nice people, that's about it

Cons

Very low compensation compared to industry standards, A true to life sweat shop. Unrealistic expectations and no overtime to compensate. Employees literally work off the clock just to keep up. Toxic management and CEO who cares nothing about his employees. He does not even buy office supplies, you have to bring your own. They literally count the sheets of paper you print out. No value for employees, actually hired a whole team of people and let them go weeks later when rates went up.

November 5, 2019SVP of Human Capital

We can confidently state that Wyndham is a very different company from over 3 years ago, but also can state that many of the items you stated are false statements and it is unfortunate that an ex-employee departed feeling this way. Our Operations Leadership and Teams are currently best in class and are leaders in our market for compensation and low turnover, which is a testament to the great peers and leadership that they interact with daily along with the culture we have developed. Our Executive Leadership values our employees immensely, which is reflective in our investment into increasing 401k matching, H.S.A matching, increase PTO, low insurance rates, and other amazing cultural and professional growth opportunities. We wish you the best and encourage you to reach out to any of our current team members to provide you with a real perspective of Wyndham.

"Great people & growing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-great co-workers and people that care about you as a person -good opportunities if you put in the work and have the skills/knowledge -leaders that challenge and help you to grow -work hard play hard culture -production roles have a lot of opportunity to make good money, especially during the busy season -casual dress code -fun social events -volunteer opportunities Plenty of other things!

Cons

Very busy right now, which can be stressful at times

"Not worth it"

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time

Pros

Free food? Free booze? That's about it.

Cons

Extremely toxic work environment with constant layoffs. Leadership is lacking - never had a consistent manager to report to. Pay is below industry average. High turnover in all departments including executive leadership. CEO micro-manages the sales team.

September 30, 2019SVP of Human Capital

At Wyndham, we have encourage our employees to have open dialogue with each other and with leaders, which has led to great improvements or new innovative ideas, but when false comments or assumptions are made, we believe it to be very difficult to have productive conversations. Based on industry bench marking, Wyndham's compensation in many of our roles are well above industry standard and well below in overall turnover. We do not ask our employees to write fake reviews and it is unfortunate that you feel the need make that statement. We wish you the best of luck in your next opportunity.

"Great company and great employees in a challenging, but exciting, industry"

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great and teamwork among departments is best in class for the mortgage industry. Very customer focused and prioritizes delivery 5 star service. Good incentive plans that reward above average performance. Does a good job providing growth opportunities for those interested. The company provides a variety of opportunities to give back to the community.

Cons

The mortgage industry is challenging and not for everyone. In busy times OT is required, but many positions have opened up the the ability to work remotely. Training for new hires outside of sales And processing could be better.

Continue reading

"Good place to learn the industry, be careful with trusting company management too much."

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They’ll teach you the industry.

Cons

Very rigid schedule. Well below industry pay. They also hand the best leads out to the top LOs, which in theory sounds great but if you have a bad week/month it can turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy of calling old and used up Lending Tree 5th rate leads.

"Mortgage Consultant/Mortgage Banker"

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited earning potential and great co-workers.

Cons

Statistically driven based off of a stat evaluation that seems to change every other quarter. They will drastically change commission structures year to year and sometimes twice in one year. If you’re looking for a place to build a career, then this is most likely not the company for you. However, this is a great place to start for those with no mortgage experience.

May 20, 2019SVP of Human Capital

Thank you for your feedback, as we agree, Wyndham is a great place to start your career, but we believe there is significant opportunity for growth as well. Wyndham stays abreast of industry drivers and consistently benchmarks stats such as compensation to ensure we remain competitive and promote unlimited earning potential in a rapidly changing market. Within our Sales Department, we have developed a robust Sales Growth Program that we continue to enhance and have also invested in development for more tenured Mortgage Consultants by implementing values based performance management, equipping and providing training for new tools to support a Mortgage Consultant's competitive edge, educating and managing Marketing support, and hosting Sales focused speakers from leaders within the mortgage industry. We look forward to our continuous evolution as we expand into supporting Mortgage Consultants not only locally, but in other states, developing industry leaders and supporting seasoned Mortgage Consultants looking for a company that has all the tools, value propositions and culture to maximize their opportunity.

Found 144 reviews