Wyndham Capital Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Douglas

Pros
  • Executive management is dedicated to providing a comfortable work environment (in 6 reviews)

• The work culture was second to none (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Jeff does not believe in work-life balance; his mantra is "company first, people second (in 7 reviews)

• Can be long hours, especially if you're not where you need to be at the end of the work day (in 3 reviews)

"Home is where you make it."

Current Employee - Procesor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Procesor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love it here!

The people here really care about the work they are doing.
    The life you lead here is all in what you choose to make it. The hard work you put in defiantly pays off incentive wise. Sales is able to work with OPS to make loans better. The company is on the right path to do BIG things.

Cons

Some of the people get frustrated about the smallest things when its really not that big of a deal.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path we are on. Things are working and let's keep it going!

"Great People & Opporunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by hardworking and genuine co-workers that make your work life enjoyable. Wyndham provides a wide array of growth opportunity where management is dedicated to challenging their employees and setting them up for success. They encourage their employees to have a voice and to make an impact by providing feedback and ideas to remain at the forefront of the mortgage industry.

Cons

Cyclical mortgage industry can impact the growth within a company.

"Loan service specialist"

Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Servicing Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Wyndham! It has been such a pleasure being a part of this team. They have been so accomdating through some of life's toughest moments!

Cons

Lots of change at Wyndham but that's just part of the growing with the mortgage industry! No cons for me

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work culture is the best! Great support system! Love the people I work with.
    Good income.

Cons

Everyone works really hard and WCM needs to have a company picnic or more team building exercises, not just for upper management but for ALL of the employees.

Advice to Management

The negative comments from "former employees" are hate related. We hired a lot of people too quick, some brought in from friends of friends that had little to no experience, and it showed, those that were laid off were laid off for poor performance, period.

Keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud to say I am a happy employee that works for Wyndham Capital Mortgage.

5. "Opportunity for Advancement"

Current Employee - Administrative Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Administrative Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although Wyndham is not a large company, I have been pleasantly surprised with how much opportunity there is to move up. I have seen a number of deserving employees promoted to team leader or manager roles from the ranks. Also, it is a fun company to work for with great employee recognition and frequent employee-related events (i.e. this afternoon there is a big bowling outing). I have been pleased with the benefits package as well. I saw some other reviews that said the health benefits are not good, but they are in line with what the big banks offer (I worked at Bank of America previously and had almost the identical health care coverage at the generally the same cost). Overall, Wyndham is a great mix of small company fun, but larger company opportunities.

Cons

Being in the mortgage industry, we are subject to all the ups and downs that come with changing interest rates. But from that perspective, all mortgage companies are in it together. I would like to see the eligibility for the 401(k) start sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep walking the floor and being visible. It is great to have real access to the leaders of the company.

6. "Excellent company to work for that actually cares about its employees"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment with great people
    -Exciting work experience where each is different from the next
    -Competitive pay with bonus structure
    -Excellent location in Charlotte, NC

This company helped my friend (and colleague) and I during our kidney transplant surgery, when we needed it the most, and we are eternally grateful for that!

Cons

-Health Care benefits could be better (see above)

Advice to Management

-Employee appreciation and more company outings will go along way.

"Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Ops in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Ops in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay over-market, that's it. No other pro's.

Cons

Everything!! Micro managed, Cliquey, Horrible management, and bad benefits.

Advice to Management

None, it won't change

"Struggilng Business..."

Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. That is about all..

Cons

Previous reviews are all accurate. As for a previous poster stating everyone laid off was a poor performer is pretty false. There is very little talent left at this point as everyone good was either laid off or fired because they were not apart of the "clique". The rest have left on their own accord.

People were hired in November 2016 and laid off in January 2017. Someone in HR confessed they knew even before Christmas they needed to lay off but wanted to hold off until after the holiday. After 1 month you knew people hired in November needed to be laid off? How is that based on performance?

This company is a COMPLETE joke. Half of the people they hired that are still there, are from Accenture which is another horrible mortgage company area filled with clueless people. Do NOT do it to yourself.

The company pipeline is still comprised of 90% refi's in 2017. NOT STABLE.

Advice to Management

CEO is too emotional to be involved in day to day operations. It is obvious business is struggling now that the refi boom is over. Company has failed to secure more purchase business and I am not sure what advice to give at this point.

"No ma'am"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive but not worth it since you will likely not stay long enough to make full years salary

Cons

Costly benefits. No training offered. Must be in with right people or you will not make it. Layoff prone. Inconsistent application of underwriting policies. Move loans at all cost mentality at times. Underwriters are expected to clean up everyone's mistakes which are numerous since no one has been properly trained. You are expected to basically process and underwrite the loan at times and coach LOs on taking applications properly. Again very layoff prone. Management does not always seem to know what they are doing or why.

Advice to Management

Staffing capacity model needs major review. More training is needed across the board.

"Worst Mortgage Company in Charlotte. BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Operations in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Wyndham Capital Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely not a one pro I can think of. I would give zero stars if this option was available.

Cons

Everything from business model, management and most of all the CEO and his ability to manage people and the company. He's nothing more than a loan officer who happened to "make it". He doesn't have a clue on how to manage operations or treat people. They cycle through ops managers every 6-8 mos. The CEO runs them off or they quit out of frustration. Sales runs operations. Literally. There is now an old sales manager running operations (no prior ops experience) and the CEO selected him and put 100% blind trust in his decision making for processing, underwriting, closing, policy and post closing. Prior to him the COO ran ops and sales simultaneously which was a disaster. Any real talent was laid off recently or run off. The CEO Jeff only cares about himself. He verbally abuses his direct reports consistently and has little self control. He's a hot hot head with no people management skills who uses people up for all they are worth. He also verbally abuses his staff on the operations floor which plummets moral. It's an embarrassment.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually know what they are doing. "Executive" management team is a complete joke comprised of a bunch of JV level skill sets. Hired based on who they liked versus if they can actually do the job. People are running departments who have no prior experience in doing so and are tasked with making critical decisions. Hire a president to run operations and allow the CEO to back out of the day to day. He is not equipped. He also needs to stop being the beginning and end for senior level talent selection because he can't manage or hire for something he doesn't know. Managers are managing people who are more experienced than they are.