Cover image for Wyndham Destinations

Wyndham Destinations

Engaged Employer

Wyndham Destinations

Add a Review

Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews about "wyndham"

Updated Oct 27, 2021

3.6
Wyndham Destinations President and CEO Michael Brown
Michael Brown

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and they 100 % match your 401k up to 6% of your salary.(in 235 reviews)
  • "the pay and the energy is great(in 109 reviews)
  • "great people to work with from various of aspects of life(in 104 reviews)
  • "can be good money and a fun job(in 62 reviews)
  • "Wyndham provided great training at their Bellevue HQ.(in 55 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wyndham Destinations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "wyndham"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company Great benefit and hotel discount

Cons

Their hourly paid . There are more companies out there they more than Wyndham

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Borderline unethical and apathetic to its employees

Oct 7, 2021 - Vacation Planning Guide in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diverse staff of people at the entry-level to middle management, once you go beyond that it's all a "good old boys" network.

Cons

Top 3 priorities at Wyndham: 1. Sales 2. Money 3. Profit. Bottom 3 priorities at Wyndham: 1. Sales 2. Money 3. Profit. They barely care about their customers, the so-called "owners" are lied to, misled on a daily basis. The call center does not even have a Quality Control or compliance division. I watched people break every rule and some laws to meet their quotas. If you don't sell they throw you out, even in a pandemic with resorts and amenities closed you are still expected to sell. They are the most polite back stabbing company i've ever witnessed.

3. Join the Wyndham Destinations team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced Work Environment

Feb 27, 2021 - Business Operations Coordinator II in Sedona, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offer a great amount of PTO, Sick Time and Education Reimbursement. Starting over minimum wage

Cons

PTO doesn't rollover, so it's use it or lose it. Education Reimbursement is strictly for business degrees and education that is geared towards fields with Wyndham Destinations. They are extremely efficient at finding ways to cut back on budgetary needs, but the increasing workload and "company realignments" cut more and more jobs while putting the extra workload on the employees that are lucky to still have a job. This also narrows down the field of advancement, as the manager and supervisor roles are gradually eliminated and consolidated to one regional individual. Leaves little advancement other than your yearly merit increase, which always seems to top out at a generic 3%. As an investor, I would love the way this company operates, but as an employee I'm quickly growing tired of their "trim the fat" mentality.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

I had an amazing experience with Wyndham Destinations

Dec 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best place I've ever worked. The company cares about their associates and they take care of them. The benefits are pretty good (better most places) and they are affordable. If you are doing your job to the best of your ability, then as long as you work for Wyndham Destinations, they will work or you.

Cons

I can't think of many, if any cons... I loved my job. I guess the only con I can say is that they are quick to cut someone in a crisis. However, they could have cut me a lot sooner than they did.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Day shift crew

Oct 27, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wyndham is a great company.

Cons

Wyndham is a great company. But management can be better.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good for short term employment

Aug 3, 2021 - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to develop hospitality experience and meet new people. You also get free Disney tickets.

Cons

Schedule is all over the place. Some days you work mornings, some days you work evenings, some days you work mid shifts. You experience a lot of verbal abuse by the guests who feel entitled, and management are incompetent and disorganized. They side a lot with the guests even when you are in the right, and they tend to establish a negative energy in the work place. Especially Guest Services management at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Sales Professional

Jul 30, 2021 - In-House Sales Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was sales good commission % until July 30, 2021.

Cons

July 30, 2021, Wyndham decreased the commission % to where, basically, you're working for peanuts, all the while the CEO brags about record profits for 2021. To add insult to injury, Wyndham increased the bonus hurdles.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good People, Challenging Market

May 11, 2021 - Vacation Specialist in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees at Wyndham love the company and the product and it palpable in the office. It's not all sunshine and rainbows but there is definitely an uplifting and inspirational atmosphere most times.

Cons

The sales breakdown and routine can be grueling and almost feels impossible to succeed at. As much as the product (vacation ownership) seems amazing it can be very hard to sell to people that don't want to spend the money.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Former Employee

Apr 1, 2021 - Quality Assurance Manager in Shawnee on Delaware, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wyndham is a great company to work for. My time I had with this company it was an amazing experience. They have helped and guided me in the right direction for almost 16 years. They have helped change my life for the better. I would most definitely work for this company again in the future.

Cons

There's nothing I would say that would be a con for this company in my opinion.

11. 3.0
    Current Employee

Eh

Oct 8, 2021 - Call Transfer Agent in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Good schedule. Good vacation time

Cons

With exception of Wyndham reward members no one knows why they are being transferred

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews