Wyndham Vacation Ownership Reviews | Glassdoor

Wyndham Vacation Ownership President and CEO Michael Brown
Michael Brown

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance when you are in management is not important to the leaders above you" (in 15 reviews)

• "There is a high turnover rate with employees and a lot of drama within upper management" (in 23 reviews)

1. "Love It"

Current Employee - Business Administrative Operations Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this job. It is hectic at times, but I love my co-workers plus the managers are the best!

Cons

NO cons at all for me,

Advice to Management

NONE

2. "Marketing Department"

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time

Pros

Base pay plus commission, good potential

Cons

Pressure to hit numbers every month

3. "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another."

Former Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great work culture, most colleagues are fantastic people, lots of opportunity for growth, most the managers are great, everyone celebrates your accomplishments and victories. Best Call Center experience I've had in 10 years.

Cons

it's easy to sink or swim if you are not persistent and motivated. Most the jobs are in sales so it can be boring repeating your pitch all day to a guest that has already been pitched. The software they use is antiquated and inefficient you'll waste a lot of time navigating if you need to find information quickly. It's seasonal for the busy times of year. Leads may be tired of the same call too frequently if you're in outbound.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure how much training the managers go through for coaching their teams, but overall I have to really tip my hat to most of them for the time they invest in people to motivate them. I would have left a long time ago if I felt like no one cared about my success.

However, I feel like the upper management sometimes have unrealistic expectations on their goals. It's a sales environment so just because you had a good quarter does not mean the whole year will be the same. Things change a lot when team dynamics change, leads, etc. Big picture they are projecting for a goal to hit that's a fair bit higher than what had previously been done, but want the agent to work a lot harder for less pay. Often that takes time, and you're already on a time crunch every time you clock in. Agents can't control how and when their prospect is available. They need to invest in new promotions or incentives to keep guests coming back.

I'm aware of a big change that should be coming later this year that would have made a HUGE difference if it had been available sooner for the agents. However, it might be too little too late the way thing's were headed when I left. It will be interesting year now that Wyndham has officially separated from the hotel side. If I would have stayed longer I could give a better idea of how things looked moving forward, but the past 6 month's I felt like it was a ship in murky water. To be fair, I notice this across the industry right now. Still, I have a lot of respect for the company and product overall.

4. "Staff Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Kailua Kona, HI
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Kailua Kona, HI

I worked at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. They care about their employees and offer great benefits, time off, pay, opportunities for advancement and employee rewards program.

Cons

You can feel like just another number rather than an individual working for such a large company.

5. "a"

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time

Pros

it was a good place to work

Cons

it was a good place to quit

6. "Admin"

Pros

Loved my co-(admin) workers and some sales rep, we pretty much had to endure the same struggles. Employee vacations discounts are great, if you can manage to get the PTO approved. I would only buy a discovery package if I actually became an owner.

Cons

Where to start...the senior leadership is just pushed back and forth between sites so you can’t really advance. It’s a good boys club, unless you can drink your Site VP under the table. I’ve never been to a job where I had to convince people not to take advantage of other people on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Have some decency for yourself...it might make you feel better. Don’t know how you sell vacations and memories, yet leave a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. Tuh

7. "Short stint"

Former Employee - Agent in Clearwater Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Agent in Clearwater Beach, FL

I worked at Wyndham Vacation Ownership part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facility, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity.

Cons

No flexibility; they truly only wanted full tim

Advice to Management

Work around tight scehdules, especially with a retired guy like myself.

8. "Community Marketing Professional"

Current Employee - CMA in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CMA in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great perks and free lunch

Cons

Hours and lack of leadership from management

9. "Great place to work. Fun."

I worked at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time

Pros

Money, people, fun, sales, wow

Cons

Wow, early, work, damn, real estate

10. "collection"

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation Ownership full-time

Pros

great call center culture flexible

Cons

no clear bonus structure