Wyndham Vacation Reviews in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wyndham Vacation President & CEO Franz S. Hanning
Franz S. Hanning

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance not really good, but its more a problem of industry (in 15 reviews)

• The communication between upper management and middle management that actually communicates with the Salesforce is very poor (in 16 reviews)

"Opportunities Available"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and benefits. Upbeat culture.

Cons

Lack of employee development in the satellite offices

"VACATION COUNSELOR"

Former Employee - Vacation Counselor in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Vacation Counselor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VERY GOOD MONTHLY BONUS PLAN, GOOD RIDE SHARE INCENTIVE AND MEDICAL. ALSO GOOD OPTIONS TO CHOSE WORKING HOURS AND IT'S BASED ON PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN SENORITY. Also, lots of great incentives.

Cons

if you get sick, you can easily be terminated or get write-ups. Management is very subjective and cliquish. i bad review can ruin your entire bonus, even when the company knows that it is not your fault. Sometimes, the person taking the survey will say A"we marked this low because the company did not offer us an alternative. It still doesn't matter. Also, sometimes, if you have a conscious, you may feel as if you are goijg to hell because of their business practices.

Advice to Management

Give the employee an "out" when the person said that it is not the employee's fault.

3. "Directors dont work as hard as the Management Team. Directors have management do all the heavy lifting"

Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you work with an honest director you are lucky

Cons

Byer beware. Dishonest sales, dishonest Leadership, dishonest human resources team

Advice to Management

Evaluate your Leadership and their support to middle Management. Challenge their decisions check under the rug.

5. "Travel Consultant"

Former Employee - Travel Consulting in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Travel Consulting in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time

Pros

They offer somewhat a decent health insurance and 401K. They require good and excellent service to the client and train the employee that the client is always right and need to recieve respect from the company

Cons

Managers and supervisors don't treat too well the employees and they have such an intense micromanagement that is overwhelming. There are so so many rules and conditions that at times it's like been in jail.

Advice to Management

My advice is to treat the employees better and with more respect specially to those who dedicate 10 and up loyal years to the company like myself. The better you treat your employees, the more you get from them and the more smiles the employees give to the clients.

"Successful salesmen here must be fictional story spinners."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and massive earning potential. There is constant training and a lot of it is valuable.

Cons

You get "blue skied" on the product and then find out later that there are major flaws. An example would be that availability for the best of what your owners "own" is so slammed that they have to book a year in advance. You make close to 100 calls a day and read from a script that is misleading and incredibly aggressive.

The culture is sell anyone that can be sold and that is what gets done even if the person should not be pushed into a sale. They literally played a speech from The Wolf Of Wall Street in training as inspiration. From my own direct observation the most successful sales people told constant lies about their position in the company, "special" deals they were providing and anything else that would help them sale including that they were an owner of the product.

Advice to Management

Actually enforce ethics and make sure people aren't selling without integrity.

"Great culture, poor pay."

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is positive and amazing, if the pay would have been more I would have stayed. Positive, excited forward moving company.

Cons

Poor pay and bonus structure compared to the economy.

Advice to Management

Look into a better bonus structure.

8. "New company, new vision"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun, uplifting environment. Working with Sales teams was always a what can we accomplish, not what will hold us back

Cons

It was clear that once Wyndham purchased Trendwest, we were all expendable. Three corporate offices were too many

"Okay if You want to work 7 days a week"

Current Employee - Telesales in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Telesales in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Wyndham Vacation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company, in sales you get all kinds of great perks when you hit or exceed goals. Excellent team building practicres.

Cons

They treat you like dog meat if you don't and won't 'waste their time' trying to help you succeed. They are not family friendly either. You can't take off to take your kid to a doctor's appointment and what good are benefits if you can't take the time to go to a doctor? Likewise, not enough is being done to to change the bad business practices of those in the resort, hence falling back on those in corporate.

Advice to Management

Create flex scheduling since its commission only and many do come in voluntarily over the weekends so that parents can go to a kid's recital or to the doctor. Learn how to be respectful of middle aged employees and especially single parent families.

10. "Traveling Desktop Support Technician"

Former Contractor - Migration Representative in Redmond, WA
    Former Contractor - Migration Representative in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved traveling and staying at the resorts and meeting new people.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Excellent training.

11. "Easy, flexible job is you're just looking for a paycheck, otherwise, don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Vacation Planning Counselor in Redmond, WA

I worked at Wyndham Vacation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule options, easy job, casual dress, good benefits, and ample time off.

Cons

Severe micro management, overabundance of rules, pretentious trainer, company culture, ridiculous metrics, under qualified management, zero leadership, low pay, tattle tales everywhere, no empowerment, and total lack of customer service.

Advice to Management

Revamp the structure, hire qualified supervisors, research other contact centers, trust your workers and stop micro managing.