Wyndham Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

"Don't go there"

Former Employee - Group Sales Specialist in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Group Sales Specialist in Carmel, IN

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro's were making a few good friends. That's it.

Cons

Horrid pay. Management doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground, always reinventing the wheel because they just can't figure it out, trying to run group sales in Carmel like RCI call center and it will NEVER work, low low pay, horrible medical benefits, reverse racism, after almost two years, they still don't have commissions figured out which are capped and very low. Capped at 480.00 and of course people who have never made much commission thinks that it's a lot of money and it's not. They expect a lot of work and production for very little hourly rate and very low unrealistic commission, meanwhile Wyndham takes and takes franchise fees, makes tons of money and do not hold hotels accountable for having clean decent hotels. I would not advise working there.

Advice to Management

Don't be the ostrich. Get your crap together and stop screwing over your employees and have some pride.

"I'd Give A Negative Rating If Possible"

Former Employee - BI Professional in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - BI Professional in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stay far, far away at all costs.

Cons

Drink the cool aid and you will be OK.

Advice to Management

Stop serving cool aid.
    BI management are tyrants and micromanagers.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities. If you are good at nothing but shmoozing, this is the place for you.

Cons

WWC IT is a cut-throat environment, with managers & above focusing on perception rather than quality of work or skill. CIO of WWC is a micromanager who is always in a foul mood & does not encourage discussions. He sets a tone for all Sr. Mgmt that seem to talk down to the actual ppl doing the work. Very top-heavy. On a very large project, there were 5 ppl doing real work & all other managers & sr. Mgmt managing & nagging the 5 ppl. Sr. Managers don't have skill sets. Focus at WWC IT is to finger-point. Too many false deadlines & everything is considered high-priority. Proj Mgrs work evenings & weekends, and Sr.Mgmt expects it. This place is rife with politics and gossip. Very high employee turnover in IT. Despite advertising themselves as a multicultural organization, you'll only find Caucasians in Sr. Mgmt. The worker bees are of different ethnicities. Employees know that this business unit is very racist, but you don't realize it until you start working there.

Advice to Management

You need an overhaul of management, starting with WWC CIO! You need Sr. Mgmt that is knowledgeable in their work stream. This will enable them to truly manage their staff better, instead of pretending to & just appearing important.

4. "Community Marketing Agent"

Former Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benifits
    Pay was okay at first.

Cons

New manager came in and was the worst manager ever. Always told us that we are always replaceable. She couldn't write a schedule. Always made promise's and never went through with them. Created a hostile work environment, made supervisor leave her role because of how bad it got. I've worked here for 5 months and we have gotten two pay cuts. Upper management was terrible as well. Major favoritism in this company.

Advice to Management

Make your employees feel appreciated. Follow HR gide lines.

5. "Don't judge this book by its cover - Vacation Ownership division"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Loved my co-workers, pay was good, benefits were decent.

Cons

Work for 7 years, innovated my area, reduce costs, delivered high volume, exceeded expectations consistently for 7 years, no bad reviews, then let go with no explanation other than eliminated my position. I had a lead position. Passive aggressive leaders, only promote those in the click.

Advice to Management

none... they are the problem

"Good Colleagues....Unstable career"

Former Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for the company for 13 years and met some amazing professionals! The team and benefits were great and I enjoyed going to work everyday and the customers I came in contact with.

Cons

Every year, you pray you don't become part of a lay off/reorganization.

Advice to Management

Really take a hard look at your talent pool and make sure you keep your loyal and hard working employees satisfied. The yearly lay offs are cruel and the company changed a lot since I started working there over 17 years ago. Benefits and perks are great, but really focus on the people who want to be at the company and build it up.

7. "time share sales"

Former Employee - Time Share Sales Representative in Sorrento, FL
    Former Employee - Time Share Sales Representative in Sorrento, FL

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

beautiful properties all over the world. the chance to meet a lot of people from all over the world was very fun .

Cons

the way you are told to sell the time shares is very shady at best . this kind of practices is what got the time share business a bad name . they have great properties but to many smoke and mirrors to sell them

8. "Wyndham Irvine"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Irvine, CA

Pros

Good benefits, nice employees overall

Cons

Unorganized, there is no Count on Me culture that comes down from the senior management, no advancement opportunity within the hotel, managed poorly by people that have been there for too long.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the Wyndham WHG VP, assess and audit your senior management in this hotel, you will be surprised.

9. "Pretty decent company but not stable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment. Great Count On Me policy. Summer time during summer.

Cons

Very unstable company. Layoffs almost every month.

Advice to Management

Try to manage people

10. "CMA"

Former Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Waikïkï, HI
    Former Employee - Community Marketing Agent in Waikïkï, HI

I worked at Wyndham Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money if you do great. Not many people do great. You can stay at Wyndham Resort's for cheap that's probably the best thing about it to be honest.

Cons

Micromanagement, egotistical management, sensitive managers. The managers don't care about employees if they aren't making the managers money, but the managers will not change their training methods, or put the time in to help employees at all. They just hire new people. Oh yeah, and by the way the pay is horrible if your're not sending in tours...most employees don't send in tours.

Advice to Management

Kamikaze Pilots in World War II had a smaller turnover rate. Better your training methods and try being less sensitive. Pay attention to the employees, and help them. All of these things will help you in return.