Wynn Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn
Stephen A. Wynn

Pros
  • Great work environment and the tools put in place to help you with your development is something I never experienced before (in 11 reviews)

• Great company perks - Employee Dining Room (EDR), athletic sponsorship, benefit package & tuition reimbursement (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • must be full time to get benefits (in 9 reviews)

• Many shifts are steady extra or extra board (in 7 reviews)

"Every technical issue is treated as a forest fire. It's almost always "all hands on deck"."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Gorgeous property which might sometimes make you feel proud about working there.

Cons

You'll hardly get noticed for a job well done if you are in the technology field. Most employees are not treated as humans and management's regard for your health and well-being is almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

You really should pay attention to what your employees are saying about you. Many of your top employees have left. Those who are still there no longer perform at the level that they once did. You've received feedback from many recruiting firms in Las Vegas that prospective employees in the technology market do NOT want to work for Wynn Resorts because of the poor reputation that you've built for yourself. Wake up.

"Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Beautiful surroundings with an International brand recognition.

Cons

Lowest pay on the Strip
    High degree of turn-around
    No one knows whats going on
    Great disconnect between management and their employees
    Horrible vacation - one week per year, and you can't take it until you've been there one year.
    Most people are there to get some experience and move on

Advice to Management

Giving people better pay and a better time off policy would be a good start. Mandating that all departments participate in the recognition programs would be nice too - they pump you up in orientation to believe that you'll be recognized for your hard work - not all departments do it or care.

3. "Tons of work added on with extremely low pay and treated like child."

Pros

To be honest I truly tried to think of something positive about working here. I cannot think of one thing. I guess the hotel is pretty .....

Cons

Numerous pay reductions during a 7 year span.
    Department "restructures" aka eliminating departments and giving you the work load.
    Increased work load with 0 pay increase
    Commissions reduced
    Extremely strict monitoring used to determine if you're eligible for commissions.
    Permission must be asked to use the restroom
    Lunches often get held back 1 or 2 hours based on business demands.
    Treated like children
    Have to wait for lunch pass when you're allowed to go eat
    Micro- managed
    Horribly over priced benefits we paid $327 a month for family of 3
    No 401K match

I worked here over 7 years and when I finally took the leap and decided to go somewhere that treated me with dignity. I was doing the work of once was 4 departments for about 10K less than when I started. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. It's truly awful management is horrible I feel so very sorry for my old comrades stuck in the hell center .

Advice to Management

Stop treating staff like worthless minions. For every queue answered you should get increased pay. of at least $1.00 . Re do the commission structure so that's it's not insulting and demeaning to the staff 2.00 per upgrade on a $500. Room ??? You should be ashamed!

"Avoid working at Wynn"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The resort is beautiful, great benefits and paid lunch meal.

Cons

Not every division run by the same policies and procedures. Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals. If you disagree, employee relations will not support you as they state it is the decision that division's upper management and that is who they support. Unless you are willing to be their puppet, you are either fired or forced out. Associate salaries are the lowest on the strip. There is no real training other than new hire orientation.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to express themselves and evaluate your current management. Many managers have no experience and hold high positions solely because the "play the game". Unless things change, the new hotels opening on the strip will not only steal away your employees but your guests will opt to stay elsewhere.

"Disability discrimination. Unreasonable re-hire policy if you don't give 2 wks notice even if you have physical injury."

Former Employee - Coordinator III- Inventory Control in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Coordinator III- Inventory Control in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts (Less than a year)

Pros

It seemed like a really great place to work and everyone was really. Paid lunch break and free lunch in employee dinning room (which I guess is standard for casinos).

Cons

I had to quit after my 3rd day (technically only my 1st day because I was in orientation the first 2 days) due to a medical disability that I was upfront with my manager about during my interview. I went to my interview in a walking boot because I had just started walking after breaking both bones in my leg 2 months prior to my interview. I wasn't ready to start working at that time but I was applying for a summer position and I figured that I wouldn't actually start working for a few months when summer started.

But I was wrong and after being offered the job (of which I was so grateful for given my condition) I was told that I would start orientation the following week. Still thinking that I wouldn't be walking around much and wouldn't be working for a few months when I thought the job was starting; I went to orientation only to find out that they make you walk around the entire casino (front and back of house- and both Wynn and Encore) on both days!!

I was limping badly halfway through the first day and the training manager offered to get me a wheelchair which I declined to prevent further embarrassment. Customers were actually stopping to let me by and other new hires were offering to carry me. It was humiliating but I figured I could get through 2 days of torture, then let my leg finish healing until my position started. Well at the end of the 2nd day I was given a training schedule that started the very next day.

I willed my leg to stop hurting and told myself I could tough it out, that it didn't hurt that bad, put a ton of anti-inflammation patches on it and vowed to not give up. But after the 3rd day the pain became unbearable and I wasn't going to get put on pain meds (and risk becoming addicted) just for a job. I apologetically resigned and thanked them for giving me the opportunity to work for them.

2 years later and after another surgery, my leg is completely healed and back to normal. I have since applied for numerous jobs for Wynn/Encore and was denied every one. Even the most basic things that I'm well over-qualified for. I finally contacted Human Resources only to find out that I am on a Do Not Re-Hire list because I didn't give 2 weeks notice before quitting. Are you kidding me with this?? I explained my medical injury and the fact that I was physically unable to continue working, but the HR woman just kept saying that their policy is not to re-hire anyone if they didn't give 2 weeks notice, apparently with no regard for unforeseen circumstances.

Advice to Management

Be reasonable when unforeseen/uncontrollable circumstances arise and have some compassion when someone has a physical disability.

6. "Food Runner"

Former Employee - Food Runner in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Food Runner in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Free lunch and good schedule

Cons

Nothing best place I ever work for

"Housekeeping"

Pros

No Pros for this company

Cons

They expect you to not have a personal life. They switch schedules around without letting you know and no appreciation from the management.

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate with your staff and don't ask employees if personal life is more important than the work life. I was shocked when asked

"What a let down"

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meals at work, employee discounts, nice back of house

Cons

Managers don't care who they hire, especially when it comes to seasonal jobs and housekeeping. They hire employees who steal (from customers and and other employees) have no respect for customers, managers or other employees and they create a hostile work environment for everyone around them. When management is confronted about issues they sweep them under the rug and allow other, good employees to get chased out.

Advice to Management

Don't hire theiving employees who do their side business at work while on the clock. Be more available, compassionate and helpful when other employees come to you with these issues.

"Wynn Retail PROCEED WITH CAUTION"

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is nice resort setting with some good employee benefits. Free lunch in a nice employee dining area. Decent health and life insurance. The employees, for the most part, the work force below the levels of leadership, are dedicated hard working and friendly people.

Cons

If you are considering applying for a position in the Retail division of this company PROCEED WITH CAUTION. It is led by individuals who dictate, rather than manage, through intimidation and ego.
    No credit is given to associates for work accomplished but instead is all taken by those in management positions to make themselves look good to their superiors.
    There is the expectation to give everything you have and then some. "Thank you" and "good Job" are foreign phrases.
    There is no work/life balance. There is no annual raise. Performance reviews are usually skipped and there are only meager cost of living increases, which may also soon go away.
    Your talents and abilities are not rewarded but taken for granted, you are not appreciated and certainly not developed in any way. You are treated like a child and your talent and experience is discounted.
    There is a high school mentality here. It is certainly not a progressive retail environment. Access to internet is extremely controlled and limited to only those in leadership positions.
    The tools to do a job properly are not provided but you are still expected to keep up with trends "on your own time." at home.
    Wynn Retail is NOT a healthy place to work. As said before PROCEED WITH CAUTION"

Advice to Management

There is none to give. They believe they are above advice and know it all already. As far as they are concerned they are doing a fabulous job.
    They are legends in their own minds.

"HIRING POLICY WORST"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time

Pros

Cannot give any honest feedback on what they do great, sorry.

Cons

Was hired for one job but the management had me doing five other jobs too. I knew this was not the place for me because of their lousy "group interview" process, which is basically "we just don't want to be respectful and talk with you one to one" and is a cattle call where everyone waits forever for a personnel team to quit chit-chatting in their office (which I could see) and then finally they open the door to a room with a bunch of chairs and ask everyone to rise, give your name and background, and do so in less than a couple minutes. They send out numerous emails reminding you of this "appointment" and "be respectful and wear 'interview attire' and arrive 15-20 minutes early. When I went into the room, the person from Personnel was in dirty work clothes, slovenly appearance and her hair was all over the place. She was not interested in anyone and there were two people who already worked for Wynn there. After everyone stands up and nervously recites their piece, they give a 5 minute break, announce they will have the people selected stay after the break. That did not happen. After break, we all trudged back in and they told us we could all go home and they would notify the 'winner' in a day or so. Believe me, I was really angry with all of this. I had to leave my present job early to drive 1/2 hour and park, be credentialed by their security guard who records information from your driver's license on his book, then go through a cattle call! I was notified that I was hired, but then after accepting and working a few weeks for them decided that they just wanted a flunkie to lift boxes and run errands in 112 degree heat, so I told them goodbye.
    They do not have a mature Human Resources team. They do not explain the details of the job until you actually get there. With this job, we were told the hours would be in shifts with some shifts starting at 3 a.m. in the morning. They should be upfront about working schedules and the hiring process. It is too bad they conduct themselves in this manner, as I spoke with many people at the interview and some were college grads, inexperienced but very smart, and willing to learn. The Human Resource personnel will never know that because they never got to speak with them individually and find out what capable people they really are.

Advice to Management

REVAMP YOUR HIRING TECHNIQUES - Hire professional Human Resource people who treat people fairly. Conduct individual interviews of those who have sent their resumes in and don't cattle call your interviews. When you tell interview candidates to dress up for the interview, then practice what you preach = tell your human resource team members to look professional.