Wynn Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn
Stephen A. Wynn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company perks - Employee Dining Room (EDR), athletic sponsorship, benefit package & tuition reimbursement (in 12 reviews)

• great pay, free food, lots to do for employees (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • must be full time to get benefits (in 9 reviews)

• Many shifts are steady extra or extra board (in 7 reviews)

1. "Working for a company that's living in the Past"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wynn Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None...they pay my bills I guess?

Cons

Questionable ethics and the most dehumanizing and demeaning environment I've ever worked in. Managers are not held accountable, and hourly employees face much stricter standards in comparison. Pay less than what is offered at other properties on the strip. The chairman fights off unions because he doesn't want his employees to have rights, protection, or a voice. HR is anything but impartial and stands with management when issues arise, not the victims. Employees are not trusted or valued. The back of house halls often reek of garbage, but Mr. Wyn would lose his slit if he caught a whiff in his villa or anywhere front of house. 5 star standards for guests are not extended to employees. The employee dining room is disgusting and the bigwigs wouldn't dare eat food from there. Don't work here unless you are truly self-loathing and want to hate something even more than yourself.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are people like you. Look to Google or Zappos for inspiration. Ask your employees how they really feel and do something about it. This corporation is only doing well because it feeds on people whom are desperate to maintain employment for income and insurance. I bet a lot of money could be saved on constantly filling the positions of fed up employees who quit if the company learned to demonstrate some empathy and appreciation towards employees. I don't foresee this company continuing to do well when its competitors in comparison are much more forward thinking.

2. "Not So Great"

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money was decent, Benefits decent

Cons

Corporate world. Lunch sucks. TSA checks as soon as you walk on property and LEAVING as well. They do not care about the BOH employees and they work just as hard.

Advice to Management

REVAMP THEM ALL

"This is for the review in the Wynn Retail division"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the store is owned by Wynn, they feed you and the EDR food is pretty decent..Also my coworkers were all very nice and were willing to teach me about product knowledge and luxury sales.

Cons

The store manager does not support their subordinates, instead she take over your sales and steals customers away from you. First of all management makes salary. For us sales associates we make commission only! And if you confront her about it , their reason is that she is training you on how to sell. I feel like the management all have their heads stuck in the sand. They do not want to hear your criticisms or doubts. Working here made me feel inadequate as a sales person and inept as an employee. I felt like the management was setting me up for failure.

Advice to Management

Please stop stealing customers away from your employees management! You should support your team instead of going into a ego power trip and overzealously taking over your employees sales.

4. "Unethical, unfair, untrue policies"

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and thats all

Cons

Unethical napoleon complex management
    Pretentious management
    Policies apply to every employee instead of a case by case basis
    You can be fired for THE smallest thing.
    They want your life devoted the company

Advice to Management

Get ofd your high horsea and do qhat is right. Stop leading with hypocrisy and lead with setting the right tone of respect, commitment and standards that apply to everyone including yourselves. Oh and stop targeting black people

"High school like environment. Management rarely has answers and options."

Former Employee - Reservation Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch. Some very nice coworkers in other departments. Beautiful to walk through the property. Free parking. Accessible by many street options.

Cons

Very hostile work environment. Management not very approachable. Revolving staff illustrates stressful work place. Supervision plays favoritism. Never consistent with answers when looking to resolve issues. Hire as part time but work full time hours.

Advice to Management

Retrain or replace. Toxic to those who want to thrive.

"Night Club Bartender"

Former Employee - Night Club Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Night Club Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The guests that visit the casino are very pleasant and typically tip well.

Cons

Night Club management was awful and inconsiderate. Pit employee against each other

"Casual Dining"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wynn Resorts part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent tips and clean maintained environment.

Cons

In 4 years I have had a parade of 23 bosses! Yep 23!! The nice ones always got fired or quit. The clueless or mean ones survive. Frustrating schedule. They fall over themselves to give favorite employees anything they want throwing everyone else into chaos.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who have actually managed something before. At Wynn you move from hostess to manager, the zero experience shows. Can never get even a simple schedule right.

"HIRING POLICY WORST"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time

Pros

Cannot give any honest feedback on what they do great, sorry.

Cons

Was hired for one job but the management had me doing five other jobs too. I knew this was not the place for me because of their lousy "group interview" process, which is basically "we just don't want to be respectful and talk with you one to one" and is a cattle call where everyone waits forever for a personnel team to quit chit-chatting in their office (which I could see) and then finally they open the door to a room with a bunch of chairs and ask everyone to rise, give your name and background, and do so in less than a couple minutes. They send out numerous emails reminding you of this "appointment" and "be respectful and wear 'interview attire' and arrive 15-20 minutes early. When I went into the room, the person from Personnel was in dirty work clothes, slovenly appearance and her hair was all over the place. She was not interested in anyone and there were two people who already worked for Wynn there. After everyone stands up and nervously recites their piece, they give a 5 minute break, announce they will have the people selected stay after the break. That did not happen. After break, we all trudged back in and they told us we could all go home and they would notify the 'winner' in a day or so. Believe me, I was really angry with all of this. I had to leave my present job early to drive 1/2 hour and park, be credentialed by their security guard who records information from your driver's license on his book, then go through a cattle call! I was notified that I was hired, but then after accepting and working a few weeks for them decided that they just wanted a flunkie to lift boxes and run errands in 112 degree heat, so I told them goodbye.
    They do not have a mature Human Resources team. They do not explain the details of the job until you actually get there. With this job, we were told the hours would be in shifts with some shifts starting at 3 a.m. in the morning. They should be upfront about working schedules and the hiring process. It is too bad they conduct themselves in this manner, as I spoke with many people at the interview and some were college grads, inexperienced but very smart, and willing to learn. The Human Resource personnel will never know that because they never got to speak with them individually and find out what capable people they really are.

Advice to Management

REVAMP YOUR HIRING TECHNIQUES - Hire professional Human Resource people who treat people fairly. Conduct individual interviews of those who have sent their resumes in and don't cattle call your interviews. When you tell interview candidates to dress up for the interview, then practice what you preach = tell your human resource team members to look professional.

"Wynn Retail PROCEED WITH CAUTION"

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is nice resort setting with some good employee benefits. Free lunch in a nice employee dining area. Decent health and life insurance. The employees, for the most part, the work force below the levels of leadership, are dedicated hard working and friendly people.

Cons

If you are considering applying for a position in the Retail division of this company PROCEED WITH CAUTION. It is led by individuals who dictate, rather than manage, through intimidation and ego.
    No credit is given to associates for work accomplished but instead is all taken by those in management positions to make themselves look good to their superiors.
    There is the expectation to give everything you have and then some. "Thank you" and "good Job" are foreign phrases.
    There is no work/life balance. There is no annual raise. Performance reviews are usually skipped and there are only meager cost of living increases, which may also soon go away.
    Your talents and abilities are not rewarded but taken for granted, you are not appreciated and certainly not developed in any way. You are treated like a child and your talent and experience is discounted.
    There is a high school mentality here. It is certainly not a progressive retail environment. Access to internet is extremely controlled and limited to only those in leadership positions.
    The tools to do a job properly are not provided but you are still expected to keep up with trends "on your own time." at home.
    Wynn Retail is NOT a healthy place to work. As said before PROCEED WITH CAUTION"

Advice to Management

There is none to give. They believe they are above advice and know it all already. As far as they are concerned they are doing a fabulous job.
    They are legends in their own minds.

"What a let down"

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wynn Resorts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meals at work, employee discounts, nice back of house

Cons

Managers don't care who they hire, especially when it comes to seasonal jobs and housekeeping. They hire employees who steal (from customers and and other employees) have no respect for customers, managers or other employees and they create a hostile work environment for everyone around them. When management is confronted about issues they sweep them under the rug and allow other, good employees to get chased out.

Advice to Management

Don't hire theiving employees who do their side business at work while on the clock. Be more available, compassionate and helpful when other employees come to you with these issues.