KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Wynn Resorts

Is this your company?

Wynn Resorts

Add a Review

Wynn Resorts Employee Reviews about "wynn"

Updated Aug 15, 2021

Found 32 of over 706 reviews

4.1
Wynn Resorts CEO Craig Billings (no image)
Craig Billings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Poor management, never take account for own shortcomings and instead heaps blame on subordinates.(in 43 reviews)
  • "Usually when you become a manager you make more money but here you will take a pay cut and have more stress to deal with.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Extreme favoritism and politics within certain departments.(in 11 reviews)
  • "low salary,no security barracks,small lockers,far from the security formation to work site,lack of manpower,(in 9 reviews)
  • "long hours and a lot of material to learn(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wynn Resorts and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "wynn"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Great culture

Jul 25, 2022 - Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wynn has an amazing culture Amazing Teams Establish connections

Cons

Not very competitive in the market in regards to pay

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you work here, you are expendable.

Sep 3, 2019 - Special Operations Guard in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about Wynn Resorts.

Cons

My employment at the Wynn started about three years ago. They were recruiting for the development of a special operations security team, which would be tasked to prevent dangerous people and weapons from entering the property, as well as reacting to potentially dangerous situations that might occur. They put together a group of four prior special operations military members (Tactical Response Unit - TRU) and made them all assistant directors. These individuals were responsible for supervising the Security Special Operations department. The Special Operations Department was comprised of 40 (although we very rarely were at full manning) former Marine Corps veterans whom all shared the same background of Marine Corps Embassy Security Guards. They made us all salaried, line-level, employees. The salary aspect allowed them to force us to work more, without additional compensation, in times when they were unable to maintain our basic manning requirements. Their inability to maintain the manning requirements directly links back to TRU, as those individuals would work for only two days and be gone for six. There was always one there, but there was zero continuity and each only cared about certain things. This caused many problems, because whenever issues were brought up, they were rarely solved. Fast-forward to about 6 months ago, TRU was abolished and replaced with one administrative assistant director, it would seem that the Wynn decided they weren't necessary. TRU may not have been necessary, but Special Operations Guards were determined to be. Until recently, everything was going fine, until they decided to open the job up to other applicants. This did not seem like a big deal, but the news today said otherwise. Per the director of security and the Wynn's employment lawyer, the salary aspect will be changing to hourly and dropping by approximately $15,000 per year. On top of that, all current employees who have contracts will be forced to resign when their contract is up. The issue here is that a good amount of those contracts end on October 3rd of this year, one month from today. Essentially, they are forcing a bunch of veterans out of work with only a one-month notice. They are also not honoring the terms of the contract they provided to us, by stating that if we do not submit to the new terms, they will terminate us one week from today, without paying the one month of severance pay mandated. The contract clearly states that if any amendment is to be made, both parties must sign it. My experience at the Wynn has been riddled with poor leadership and ineffective management. Everyone I work with is miserable, but management doesn't seem to understand why. Perhaps it is because they do not care.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Administration

Jul 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company with good moral. Steve Wynn is good to his employees and the C&B scheme is very competitive.

Cons

need improvement via training and considerate policy to upgrade the workplace

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The best

Apr 1, 2018 - Food Server in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly folks at the wynn

Cons

Be the best server there can be

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Work in Wynn Lei Heen

Feb 8, 2020 - Hostess
    Business Outlook

Pros

The bonus is quite much since lots of guests will give tips and Wynn is the only hotel company provide dormitory which is super cheap.

Cons

Very busy and tough work

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, as everyone knows

Jan 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong, large company, not going anywhere regardless of stock tumbling. Great culture, edr, fair pay and friendly environment

Cons

Some management kept around for too long in position that requires more competence if truly aiming for the Wynn standards

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

HIRING POLICY WORST

Jul 29, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cannot give any honest feedback on what they do great, sorry.

Cons

Was hired for one job but the management had me doing five other jobs too. I knew this was not the place for me because of their lousy 'group interview' process, which is basically 'we just don't want to be respectful and talk with you one to one' and is a cattle call where everyone waits forever for a personnel team to quit chit-chatting in their office (which I could see) and then finally they open the door to a room with a bunch of chairs and ask everyone to rise, give your name and background, and do so in less than a couple minutes. They send out numerous emails reminding you of this 'appointment' and 'be respectful and wear 'interview attire' and arrive 15-20 minutes early. When I went into the room, the person from Personnel was in dirty work clothes, slovenly appearance and her hair was all over the place. She was not interested in anyone and there were two people who already worked for Wynn there. After everyone stands up and nervously recites their piece, they give a 5 minute break, announce they will have the people selected stay after the break. That did not happen. After break, we all trudged back in and they told us we could all go home and they would notify the 'winner' in a day or so. Believe me, I was really angry with all of this. I had to leave my present job early to drive 1/2 hour and park, be credentialed by their security guard who records information from your driver's license on his book, then go through a cattle call! I was notified that I was hired, but then after accepting and working a few weeks for them decided that they just wanted a flunkie to lift boxes and run errands in 112 degree heat, so I told them goodbye. They do not have a mature Human Resources team. They do not explain the details of the job until you actually get there. With this job, we were told the hours would be in shifts with some shifts starting at 3 a.m. in the morning. They should be upfront about working schedules and the hiring process. It is too bad they conduct themselves in this manner, as I spoke with many people at the interview and some were college grads, inexperienced but very smart, and willing to learn. The Human Resource personnel will never know that because they never got to speak with them individually and find out what capable people they really are.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Wynn gra

Oct 24, 2019 - Guest Room Attendant in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy the friendly people at the wynn

Cons

Whole and stains in linen glasses not coming back clean

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wynn

Jul 28, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers at the Wynn are amazing

Cons

the drive to the strip is a con

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee services employee -human resources

Sep 25, 2012 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only benefit for working at Wynn resorts Wynn / encore was the Farr lunch and getting paid to eat.

Cons

Bad management; leadership; micro-manage employees; want you to clock in exactly on time and clock out not a minute late; people are back stabbing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews