Cover image for WyzAnt

76% Recommend to a Friend
90% Approve of CEO

Found 72 of over 102 reviews

4.1
WyzAnt CEO & Co-Founder Andrew Geant (no image)
Andrew Geant

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it!

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, helping others learn.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Experience

Sep 8, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture was generally positive and pretty inclusive. Goals and KPIs were measured at a company level and this helped bring unrelated teams together to solve problems.

Cons

I was ultimately let go from Wyzant when my manager left the company and another person was tasked with managing my work who ultimately did not understand the discipline or how to measure performance and goals. I think this ultimately left a really poor impression on my though because they let me go 1 week to the day before I would have vested into a benefits package (I'm certain this was planned) it was also 2 weeks before I was due to get married which just felt heartless to me. The kicker is I never really received any critical feedback to suggest I should do something differently.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the WyzAnt team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Perks are nice, company leadership is not

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company events, snacks, great coworkers

Cons

Management was consistently poor and unprofessional. Hiring decisions were based on biased personal judgments and not actual qualifications. Upper management made it clear that they thought anyone who wasn't in a higher paying position was expendable and easily replaceable. Talent was not valued.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome

Jul 16, 2021 - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very intelligent colleagues and tutors.

Cons

There should be an in-person branch across top cities in the US.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top Notch

May 27, 2021 - Senior Data Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wyzant is a great company to work for, top notch benefits, culture, and ownership. Teams here feel true ownership of their domains without micro-management. Company values continued learning and encourages us to research new technologies and POCs. Wyzant's culture is second to none, everyone is always happy to go to work and literally the best people to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0

Not great

May 11, 2021 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited pto, friendly employees, flexible hours

Cons

Acquisition caused massive turnover at all levels and shows no signs of stopping, low wages, not great benefits, suspect leadership from new parent company, uncertain future

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company Culture

Mar 28, 2021 - Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative and collaborative work environment. People are great to work with and benefits can't be beat.

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment

9. 5.0

N/A

Mar 25, 2021 - Math Tutor in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great, just work hard

Cons

No Cons for me to describe

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company in transition

Mar 29, 2021 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, great mission, great people.

Cons

Recently acquired by larger company and going through a transition.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The most flexible and agile workplace I've been in

Mar 9, 2021 - Senior Engineering Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great hardworking yet laid back culture. Does not let traditional rigid structures get in the way or working efficiently. Great people who genuinely care about our users and the product.

Cons

We are often resource constrained. Whether it's because we don't have enough staff or we want to avoid high costs on 3rd party solutions, we have to get extra creative with our solutions to keep within the constraints.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews
</>Embed

WyzAnt Reviews FAQs

WyzAnt has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 102 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at WyzAnt to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WyzAnt employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WyzAnt. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

76% of WyzAnt employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WyzAnt 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WyzAnt to be benefits, coworkers, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.