X-IO Reviews | Glassdoor

X-IO Reviews

Updated 2 Nov 2018

3.7
X-IO CEO Bill Miller  (no image)
Bill Miller
  1. "Loved it"

I worked at X-IO full-time

Pros

Great career opportunities, lots of room for growth

Cons

Its a start up, so keep that in mind.

X-IO2018-11-02

"Sales"

I have been working at X-IO

Pros

Great People Great Product Great Opportunity

Cons

Getting the word out to potential customers

Advice to Management

Leverage other vendors better

X-IO2016-04-26

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peyton, CO

I worked at X-IO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and salary. Friendly environment and great co-workers.

Cons

The company changes product directions frequently. It is hard to get a good territory plan in place when the products are not rolled out well.

Advice to Management

Pick a product and run with it. Offer features and ease of use.

X-IO2016-03-02

"Ground up design with astounding level of customer and partner praise"

Sales Engineer

I have been working at X-IO

Pros

From a technology perspective X-IO provides a high performance storage system, 30 minute install, and low touch maintenance for 5 years that is cost effective. X-IO prides itself in a no platform guessing game design; just pick your media type, capacity, and 5 year hardware warranty solution. From an employee perspective this is a family oriented company made up of people willing to do anything for you, and... the leadership is receptive to ideas and suggestions. Some feedback I've received from X-IO customers is the ISE storage design has outperformed their enterprise arrays.

Cons

The biggest challenge I’ve seen is getting customers to give back their ISE units after five years that are still performing well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the daily communication with employees, and honest evaluation on our performance. I really appreciate how approachable and transparent the leadership team has been.

X-IO2015-10-26
  5. "Great Place to Be!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at X-IO full-time

Pros

Company culture has shifted over the last year - trending strongly towards a excellent run company! Leaders are open, honest and straight forward sharing business and financial performance and setting context for everybody to do their jobs. Plus - the leaders are all on the same page and seem to like each other! CEO does a nice job listening and knows when to collaborate and when to make decisions. Good... engineering and technology already and building a solid sales and marketing juggernaut.

Cons

It would be great to have more lunch choices in the building - i don't want to leave my desk!

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparent communication and continue to provide ways for us to all get to know each other better - both professionally and socially. Stay focused on saying "thank you" and recognizing jobs well done.

X-IO2015-10-21

"Paradigm Shifting, Visionary Company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at X-IO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pioneers of virtualized storage, hybrid SAN and Software Defined Storage. Rock solid, manufactured product. No "badge engineering" here. Good people, brilliant engineers and a spirit of getting the right thing done. Top notch customer service.

Cons

Short-cut decisions and outright maleficence of long-past CEOs have made for missed opportunities and slow growth. New senior management teams have really turned that trend around. With new product lines, aggressive pricing, smart marketing and a real focus on the channel, X-IO Technologies is poised to compete in the marketplace and gain market share.

Advice to Management

Keep the investment community interested in promoting the company vision and educate the press on what Software Defined Storage really means to the operation of a truly efficient data center.

X-IO2015-10-19

"Great technology. Active CEO."

I have been working at X-IO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Exciting technology and talent to innovate more. Small, close knit teams with lots of laughter around the office. Flexible work hours. Frequent, from the heart, communication from CEO.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative about working here. It is up to every employee to make their work place the best it can be and there are lots of channels available to do so at X-IO.

Advice to Management

Keep up the work on transparent communication, dedication to marketing and sales effort. Create more activities to generate cross team communication. Both at business and social level.

X-IO2015-10-18

"Start Up With an Experienced Product!"

I have been working at X-IO full-time for less than a year

Pros

The base product, the ISE unit, is second to none in IO Density and ability to get what you pay for, with very high reliability. With the addition of the new features offered by iglu, X-IO can cover the majority of use cases in a storage environment. The new management team is focused on driving continued investment in developing great products which will build on the base of the unique technology and provide... added value to the customers business. In addition, a commitment to the Channel Partners and their ability to make profit is a big differentiator. Finally, all the customers I have met have been very positive about the direction and the new leadership of the company, not to mention their deep satisfaction with the products they have purchased from X-IO.

Cons

Mostly awareness of the company by many folks even in Colorado! I believe the marketing team is working toward changing that, but it is going slowly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the drive to grow market share, by growing market awareness, and work to show channel partners how by selling X-IO they can make a profit while driving up their customer satisfaction in the process.

X-IO2015-08-03
  9. "Tech"

I have been working at X-IO

Pros

The new management team has brought great enthusiasm and A respect for the individual but a culture of working as a team to the company.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons at the moment

X-IO2015-07-31

"A New Era for X-IO as It Reengineers Direction & Culture"

I have been working at X-IO full-time for less than a year

Pros

During the recruitment process, I was told up front, that X-IO was going through changes and an entirely new direction and focus that centered on a high performance product and with a company culture to match. The recruiters, HR and everyone else for that matter were completely transparent about where X-IO and what X-IO had challenges with in the past, and what they still wanted to overcome, they were up front about... the industry perceptions, things that held them back and knew they needed to make serious changes from the ground up. I was told point blank that they wanted people who were comfortable with a fast-paced, risk-taking, ask for forgiveness not permission, and experimental environment---where one would not be hampered by silos, roadblocks or old ways of doing and thinking. I thought, wow, sign me up! This is the kind of environment I thrive in and after meeting the team, speaking with everyone and asking them how they felt from before to now, there was no hesitation in their answers. They felt like great things were happening, there was a renewed focus, and it just felt "better" than before. Much of that stems from the leadership who is now in place. What a rockstar lineup and one of the main reasons I chose to work for X-IO. If you are looking for a place where you have great people, the best products in the industry, feel you can make valuable contributions and changes, that people listen, want your opinion and help, then look no further, X-IO could be the place for you.

Cons

I would say the cons at this time are the fact we don't have enough hours in the day to do everything we'd like to do. We are scaling so fast that it takes long days and nights at times, (not all the time) to get things done. In many ways it's a Pro, because it shows the tremendous amount of momentum happening. You just wish you could do everything on your list tomorrow to make X-IO better, faster.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing--right people, product, and placement and continued motivation and encouragement to take X-IO to the next level.

X-IO2015-07-29