X Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
35% would recommend to a friend
(239 total reviews)
26% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are great and the work you do makes an impact" (in 237 reviews)
- "Great culture and business porpuse" (in 230 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and provide additional support for parents and trans/non" (in 162 reviews)
- "Work Life Balance was GREAT!" (in 118 reviews)
- "Great people and team to work with." (in 51 reviews)
- "Poor management, frequent changes in overall strategy" (in 75 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of direction." (in 70 reviews)
- "Inexperienced senior leaders and managers contribute to burn out and lack of consistency" (in 41 reviews)
- "Company is definitely struggling (lots of layoffs recently)." (in 22 reviews)
- "There can be long hours and not every team acknowledges this" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of X and is not affected by filters.
Found 239 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Aug 13, 2019Ad Operations SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
- Fantastic Culture - Compensation was competitive - Work Life Balance was GREAT!
- Middle management is a political minefield - Unclear career progression - Lack of investments outside of HQ - Unclear direction and lack of urgency2
- 2.0Aug 29, 2021Senior RecruiterCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Company values work/life balance they give one day a month off to everybody in the org.
Every quarter there is a re-org and people leaving. Promotions typically are a popularity contest, not necessarily the people who are working the hardest. Lack of accountability at the lead level.
- 3.0Jan 4, 2022Technical RecruiterCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearLondon, England
- Work/life balance is really great (the company has 12 extra company days off per year) - Lots of flexibility in how you work, and lots of autonomy - As a recruiter working at Twitter your job is made easier by the company brand
- Clunky systems to work with (the ATS is dire) - Contractors are treated like a number and offered little protection - Generally quite a bad culture of poor management and some reports of bullying / toxicity in certain teams1
- 3.0Jan 16, 2019Staff Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Work life balance and learning experiences
- Do not respect deadline enough - Hard to get things done because of the complicated processes.
- 4.0Jan 20, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Awesome place to work at. great people. you'll always be learning something new.
Can sometimes drive you crazy due to the lack of work/life balance and everything that's being said about the company in the media