XIFIN Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lâle White

Pros
  • Also, the company supplies free soda, and the medical benefits are comprehensive - Very similar to what I have seen at other companies in San Diego (in 7 reviews)

• Things are typically confined to a 9-5 workday, so there's plenty of time to enjoy the San Diego sun (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It is truly sickening the way upper management treats the staff (in 3 reviews)

• Imagine working for a software company selling a product that does not work and no one in the company seems to know how to use (in 3 reviews)

"A Very decent and good place to work for- Truth about me and Xifin"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a 3 year Employee at Xifin here is my True and unbiased opinion working as a IT member. Lately I have been getting letters of interest to interview with fortune 500 companies such as Isuzu North America, Amazon ..... I have not had a need to even look at their job descriptions or salaries. Even if they were to offer me over $10K raise , I will still stick around with Xifin. I have been in I.T. for 25 years and worked at different companies, startups and Fortune 500s and seen it all. Good working conditions are not easy to find. Xifin is a stable company that is growing fast. I have personally ALWAYS been treated with respect here and I see a lot of decent people here all over. My life and work balance is perfect here.
    They never offered me gift cards for writing reviews as one person suggested in his review earlier. Companies can get into trouble for doing such things and they are not stupid to do so.
    The CEO and management is doing a superb job in my opinion

Cons

The only thing I can say is I wish my home was much closer to the xifin distance wise

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

XIFIN Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your candid remarks. XIFIN's respect for our employees is an important part of our day to day operations. Respect is one of our core values and we have a long standing practice of ... More

"Terrible Product - Terrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN (Less than a year)

Pros

Free bagels and donuts. You meet some amazing people working for XIFIN. The location is in beautiful San Diego.

Cons

The product is not one most people in the company can stand by. This is not the right venue for specifics, but I will say that a software company that puts out 52 releases (1 a week) a year had better be adequately staffed to support this. XIFIN, to say the least, is not.

I mention this because not only are the product, help text and accompanying release notes woefully inadequate, but these elements cause a bottleneck that affects the entire company. It is a disservice to the customers and a customer service nightmare. There is literally no way to be good at your job at any level of the company.

The other elements making it impossible to find success at XIFIN are a complete lack of training material and/or colleagues or management with the time, knowledge or capability to train you. Imagine working for a software company selling a product that does not work and no one in the company seems to know how to use. You inherit clients who are understandably irate at being locked into a contract with this company you and have absolutely no support.

As a side note, XIFIN once offered to pay me and has legitimately paid my colleagues in gift cards for writing reviews here that they could moderate first. Several of my former colleagues have accepted and left glowing reviews. Management would even mention former employees who left negative glass door reviews in team meetings that were entirely unrelated. I declined any offers for gift cards and waited until my employment with the company ended to write a sincere and completely unbiased review.

Advice to Management

I have no advice. The purpose of this review was to discourage people from pursuing employment here.

XIFIN Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Glassdoor. XIFIN does appreciate constructive criticism and where appropriate has and will take the necessary actions to improve the value delivered to ... More

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time

Pros

The company is growing. Hard work is noticed and rewarded with promotions. It's a fast paced fun place to work with a great product. A lot of tenured employees proves its a company worth staying and growing with!

Cons

Don't believe the few negative reviews from former employees. Its work, if you can't perform the required skills of the job than you won't make it here. The majority of us love working here!

Advice to Management

Offer opportunity for flexible schedules and working from home when possible.

"Don't be fooled."

I have been working at XIFIN full-time

Pros

Friday bagels, free soda, great weather.

Cons

Management and HR actually solicit and encourage their staff to write extremely positive reviews on Glassdoor, in addition to their own glowing reviews, to try to counter the all of the honest negative reviews. The company is imploding due to poor management, blatant favoritism, management by intimidation, and outdated thinking. Some members of the upper echelon micromanage daily operations and rule by intimidation and bias to feed their egos. The product is outdated and employee turnover is very high (especially in Implementation and Engineering). Morale is very low and most people are actively seeking other opportunities.

Advice to Management

None... they won't listen.

6. "Outstanding company that is making improvements to healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Exciting time at a growing company. Internal promotions happen frequently for the top performers. Fast paced environment where you are never bored. Friendly and supportive managers and team members.

Cons

The commute is not the best, traffic in the area can be tough especially on Fridays. Parking spots are too small.

Advice to Management

Ask building management to re-line the parking spots! Allow flexible schedules with work from home opportunities a few days a week to help with the dreaded commute.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Nice people, Lots of opportunity

Cons

High security in the building

"Overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Regarding some of the negative reviews, there are a couple pockets where people are a bit unhappy and HR seems to be aware of it and working to improve it. That should not reflect on the overall workplace though, as most areas of the company have good management that listens to the employees. It's interesting to note that there are probably a dozen people that had left the company at one time and came back to work here again, which I think sums it up well. So not a perfect place, but much better than most.

Cons

More "emergencies" than there should be. Processes need to be improved to get ahead of and avoid these emergencies. Also, the parking lot has way too many "compact only" spots, which means a lot of door dings, so don't drive your fancy car to work unless you have a reserved spot.

"Solutions-based company, positioned for success, working with the industry to shape the future of healthcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel Valley, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

XIFIN has a forward-looking view into healthcare and understands where healthcare is going and how to position itself and its partners for success in this new paradigm.
    XIFIN’s has an inspirational ability to inspire the marketplace by communicating what we are doing to develop innovative technologies to leverage clinical and financial data that promise to realize better patient outcomes while reducing costs and ensuring appropriate reimbursement.

Core competencies in financial data, SaaS, and reimbursement. Impressive team of industry experts. Solid company with a healthy culture and team atmosphere.

Cons

On-boarding requires initiative. Must be a self-starter with a can-do attitude who will roll up his or her sleeves and make it happen.

Advice to Management

Hire entrepreneurial-minded people who are self-starters, drawn to opportunities, innovation, and new value creation.

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product is superior to any others.

Cons

The people because leadership has hired based on salary rather than skill. This is true from the top all the way down. As a technology company there are people who can't perform their fundamental job let alone lead employees or customers. And the employee favoritism is rampant making other envious and frustrated.

Advice to Management

Look around the company and decide is this the team to carry me to the emerald city? Or have you stocked the shelves with the dented cans. Let people work from home. Plan ahead instead of be surprised at the expected catastrophes

"The grass is always greener!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best parts of XIFIN is that while it's growing rapidly into a bigger company, it still maintains that small company feel. I've worked for many other companies from start ups to the biggest multinational and I can say for sure that some of the negative reviews have not yet learned that the grass is always greener on the other side. I've had a few colleagues leave and then return when they discover that all companies have some issues and XIFIN has fewer than most. XIFIN has great technology, a top notch engineering team, dedicated support people and far less bureaucracy than I've experienced elsewhere. I also find XIFIN to have the least amount of politics, infighting, conflict and other poisonous cultural cancers of any company I've worked for. I can't speak for others, but my manager has always been supportive when I needed it and concerned for my well being, both on the job and personally. Oh ya, and then there's the bagels on Friday.

Cons

XIFIN is a fast growing company that is doing it's best to keep up with the growth. Sometimes teams have to run pretty lean which can put some stress on people. Decision making is mostly done at the top level which worked well for a small company but is starting to become a bottle neck.

Advice to Management

Hire great people and then let them do what they do best. Stay competitive with salary and benefits so we can hire the best and keep them.