XIFIN Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2020

3.5
XIFIN Executive Chairman Lâle White
Lâle White
Pros
  • "Casual dress, free soda fountain, bagels on Fridays(in 19 reviews)

• "free soda, free bagels, free desserts during holidays(in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Friendly culture"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working collaboratively is a big part of what drives the tight-knit culture at XIFIN. Many of us socialize outside of work because of the genuine relationships we’ve formed in the workplace. It also feels good to have your hard work acknowledged by management.

Cons

Communication delays between staff and management can be annoying. Many of us want to be kept in the loop of what’s happening at the top especially if the implications will have a direct impact on our daily tasks.

Continue reading
  2. "Good company"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for more than a year

Pros

State of the art facilities Free refreshments Friendly co-workers Visionary CEO Good benefits Handling the coronavirus situation well

Cons

Tight deadlines Need improved communication Update certain systems and processes to stay current with the times

3. "Career opportunities"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Had to let the company grow on me for a while, but they eventually won me over about a year in. I respect the professional work culture we have here. Management are open to suggestions if they hold merit. You feel like your voice is heard. There are numerous opportunities to take advantage of if you’re willing to put in the work. Must be an outstanding employee to move up in the company.

Cons

XIFIN has room for improvement, but the pros outweigh the cons.

4. "Fantastic work environment"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perhaps the most beautiful facility I’ve ever had the pleasure to work in. Management and HR have done a good job making me feel like I’m part of the family. Many of the colleagues in my department are fiery and passionate. The energy is infectious.

Cons

Middle managers seem to be run ragged. Not my field of expertise, but I know when people need to step away and take a vacation.

5. "Great for hard workers and hustlers!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time for more than a year

Pros

You’ll learn quickly that you need to be on your A game at all times. You’ll always have something to do (sometimes it feels like you have TOO much to do). The perfect job for hustlers who like to keep busy.

Cons

Not everyone is cut out for such a fast-paced work environment which contributed to retention issues.

6. COVID-19

"My experience thus far"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for less than a year

Pros

New guy here looking to give his two cents. The biggest draw for me has been the friendly culture. Everyone is energetic and friendly with one another. This is a bonus because collaborative projects require a good working relationship with your colleagues. My transition hasn’t been the smoothest because of COVID-19, but we’re doing fine as a company all things considered. Looking forward to continuing my burgeoning career at XIFIN.

Cons

Our methods of communication need to be more streamlined. Slack is a more efficient method of messaging over email. Please take that into consideration.

7. "Lots of room for improvement"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has room for lots of learning and growth potential, good company to start your career

Cons

None I can think of

"Small company with some growing pains."

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good location – close to freeways, shopping centers and the beach. Plenty places to eat or get some shopping done before hitting rush hour traffic. This can be an “ok” transitional job if you need terms like “Healthcare”, “Cloud Provider”, etc., on your resume. The benefits, 401k, pay, Educational Reimbursement, vacation, holidays, etc. are respectable for a small, technology services company in Southern Ca. Decent co-workers that try to be supportive.

Cons

Some of the negative review are a bit unfair. I mean, the company did hire you, didn't they? There are also some "positive" reviews which seem a bit too good to be true. The company has limited resources, aging technology and subject to regulatory oversight due to Protected Health Information. The upper management team is protective of proprietary code and knowledge, which is fine, but get ready for intense roadblocks, micro-managing and the demoralizing process of filling out timecards. Getting anything accomplished is a tedious, miserable and artery -hardening process. My advice is to take the easiest and most noticeable projects because, this is a cloud service company working with Protected Health Information, which means processes, requirements gathering, decision making move at a relatively slow pace with a lot of paranoid second guessing. Be prepared for gaps in administrative/technical processes due to employee turnover. Additional duties will be dropped in your lap and you will become “noticeable” for all the wrong reasons. In order to keep up, you will put in extra hours which decreases the “pay to quality of life ratio”. You will deal with burnout, frustration. At the worst point of the process there will be meetings as to why you and your department are “running behind”, so get ready to bite your tongue and take it, because there will be an HR Rep there to squelch any honest feedback. Hey, if you need a paycheck, then take the job, but look at it as a “temporary gig”. Does this make it different from most other companies this size? Not really, but the workplace culture has a lot of room to improve.

Continue reading
  9. "Nice people"

Former Employee - Backoffice in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time for more than a year

Pros

My supervisor was a really nice person. I fondly looked forward to our interactions. Can’t say I ever had a bad day at work even when things got hectic. Glad to see that many of my friends still work for the company.

Cons

Departments are pretty much separated from one another, so I didn’t have many opportunities to interact with team members who I didn’t directly work with on a daily basis.

10. "Great Company, CEO and Product"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Del Mar, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best lab revenue cycle product in the industry. Most knowledgeable people in the lab revenue cycle industry work at XIFIN. They truly know the market and their business.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Found 115 reviews