XIFIN Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Lâle White

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company benefits are good, with matching 401K contributions (in 5 reviews)

• Things are typically confined to a 9-5 workday, so there's plenty of time to enjoy the San Diego sun (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay and no work-life balance in IT (in 5 reviews)

• Imagine working for a software company selling a product that does not work and no one in the company seems to know how to use (in 3 reviews)

1. "XIFIN is the Best"

I worked at XIFIN full-time

Pros

Culture of trust and respect. Very friendly and positive! Employee input is encouraged. One of the best work environments I have been in. Flexibility. Allowed for time off.

Cons

Needs more room for advancement.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are really good. A little more pay for employees, recognition, and room for advancement.

Dec 18, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that you had such a good experience. We are actively working on creating career paths to offer more room for advancement from within and evaluating pay... More

"ANNOYED MDX EMPLOYEE"

Current Employee - Insurance Biller in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Biller in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet some very nice people. There are some very knowledgeable employees!

Cons

An “at will “company. Favoritism with some of the managers which can make it hard if you have a legitimate complaint. Inadequate training can make you a liability. Not paid for all that you do and know. Disappointed in the amount of time off hours incurred per paycheck. Don’t pay employees well if promoted to a new position.

Advice to Management

Show that you appreciate the employees that are good at their jobs. Hire knowledgeable & competent managers. They can learn the system & the Customer easier than the job(billing, finance, file maintenance, etc)

Jan 11, 2018 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. "At Will" isn't a XIFIN policy it's a California Labor Code. Based on my research and experience the time off allotted for newer employees is fairly standard, if not a... More

3. "Good Place to work"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for this organization for the past few years. Each department is run based on their own managers requirements.

Cons

No solid policies regarding work hours. Some managers allow remote employees other require 8-5.

Advice to Management

Treat each employee the same. No special treatment.

Dec 18, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the review. As you mentioned, it is hard to set standard work hours for all departments as they each have their own business needs and management. We do try to be as flexible as... More

4. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Payment Poster in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Payment Poster in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Great management. Good benefits.

Cons

I have none thus far.

Nov 20, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Glad to hear you are having a positive experience!

5. "Decent Place to work"

I have been working at XIFIN full-time

Pros

Great people, good collaboration between departments.

Cons

Low Pay and no work-life balance in IT

Nov 20, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

We love our people too and I'm happy to hear that you are collaborating well with other departments. Pay is always a touchy subject ...we do utilize local salary surveys to determine pay ranges to... More

"Terrible culture, cruel executive management team"

I worked at XIFIN full-time

Pros

There are no pros. Do not waste your time.

Cons

This company used to be okay. The plan now is to outsource a lot of the duties to India. They are laying people off and everyone lives in fear for their jobs. The Customer Account Managers are firing people left and right, but it is not always their fault. If you decide to work there be sure to watch your self and never trust anyone. I had so many high level employees try to come after me with no luck, if you are smart and challenge management with thoughtful questions they don't like it and are threatened by you. I worked at Xifin for many years and I've finally given up on this place and found a better position elsewhere.
    HR constantly says they want to make it better and I believe they try, but Lale (CEO) never wants anything to change.
    Also watch out for a director in the MDx department, he is friends with high level management and if he does not like you he will try to fire you and it will likely work and he favors certain people and gets them promoted even when other people are more qualified.

Advice to Management

Why bother giving advise, they won't listen.

Nov 20, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Hello-it's unfortunate that this was your experience at XIFIN. When individuals leave the organization (voluntarily or involuntarily) it is our practice not to comment on those reasons for their... More

7. "Don't see problems others have mentioned"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management interacts fluidly with other staff, casual atmosphere, great team in my dept., bagel Fridays.

Cons

No talk of advancement opportunities; maybe I need to ask more.

Advice to Management

Would be good to have more training in the products.

Oct 12, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thanks for the review. I am glad to hear you are happy overall and like your ideas to further improve the company by offering more training and increased talk of advancement opportunities.

"Don't get sick on the job here"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at XIFIN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only 1...There are some quality decent people with hearts and souls employed here, if only management recognized those qualities as assets.

Cons

Under pay compared to similar jobs at both industry competitors and similarly sized companies across industries. Management choses favorites, and everyone in the company is made well aware of who they are and who they are not. If you get sick, especially in your first 180 days, make sure you email everyone in the company, make sure your doctor emails you and everyone in the company because god forbid you get violently ill, end up in the hospital on a work trip and do what most people do, call your boss to tell her you're sick and end up missing most of the trip because they will terminate you for failure to develop as expected, even after telling you to your face that everything is fine, just get healthy. Even if you have performance reviews after the first 30 and 90 days saying you are exceeding expectations.

Advice to Management

My advice, treat everyone EQUALLY, no favorites, no "teachers pets" and when someone gets sick on a work trip and ends up in the hospital, assume that the hospital admitted them and kept them there for multiple days for a reason, not for fun and games.

Oct 12, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

We agree that we have many great employees with amazing hearts and souls employed at XIFIN. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience and I'm not clear about the details however we are... More

"Has so much potential...BUT....."

I worked at XIFIN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product. Actually has potential to be such a good company but no one there knows anything. They over promise but under deliver; that's the story of their business. They'll promise their clients the moon but come around and tell their employees to do the impossible. The managers don't stand up to the clients for their employees whatsoever. Again, they have so much potential if only they knew how to keep their employees.

Cons

horrible training...wait, there isn't any training. Unknowledgeable managers, zero to very little SOPs, there aren't any incentives, astronomical turnovers; does not know how to keep employees. Forget an open door policy because once you open your mouth, expect the carpet to be pulled right underneath you

Advice to Management

Take time to understand your company's purpose, take time to sit w/your new employees and don't treat them like they're robots. If you don't know how to do something, be honest. When people quit, they don't quit their jobs, they quit their boss/superiors/management.

Oct 4, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

I agree that training and communication are two areas that we can improve upon and we're actively working on those! We do have over 130 SOPs across various areas though and we work really hard to... More

"Recognized as Premier Product in Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at XIFIN full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Cool, breezy location in Del Mar Highlands area. Readily accessible from 805/5/56 freeways. Nice facilities for relaxing at Lunch, either indoors or outside. Plenty of conference rooms for meetings.

Good vacation and holiday policy. 9 holidays and 2 floating. Plus, CEO usually throws in one or two extra depending on Calendar. In the last few years, some of those have become permanent, such as: day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve.

CEO and company very well respected across industry.

Product very well respected, received across industry

Company benefits are good, with matching 401K contributions. HR does a great job of providing extra perks, like Summer Picnic and Christmas party, bagel Fridays, popcorn afternoons, coffee in the park, pies,candy,cakes,snacks for different holidays/occasions, etc.

Most employees are collaborative and are interested in helping where needed. Sometimes, new employees have a hard time adjusting to the culture, but the culture as it have existed for many years tends to work well to move the company forward with double digit growth the last 13 years.

Cons

To grow the company, Employees from the outside have been brought in for positions that are perceived to have been perfect for promotion from within. This happens in many companies, but XIFIN seems to do too much of it.

Some people from North County or San Diego proper complain about the commute to Del Mar.

Advice to Management

Regarding Con #1. Even if a current employee has not expressed interest in a career move/upward change, it would be helpful to change the perception of bringing in those from the outside whom the new employees have to train, if XIFIN Leadership would confer with the more senior employees in the department getting a new leader, to determine if any are interested in the role. The perception is that Leadership overlooks seasoned employees.

While I understand the need to bring in new points of view, adopting a philosophy of fielding internal candidates differently may reduce the negative perception.

Jul 17, 2017 – Sr. Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. We agree that there should be a healthy mix of new/existing employees as determinations are made for promotions. I appreciate your point about making sure to ask even if... More