XOJET Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Bradley Stewart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "XOJet has quite a few great things going for its pilot group" (in 24 reviews)

• "Great quality of life on the road" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "That means inevitable change for the pilot group in some way shape or form" (in 13 reviews)

• "Senior management bows to him, afraid to speak up and fo the right thing" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great people"

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture built on putting people first and doing things the right way.

Cons

Need more office space as company has grown.

2. "XO JETS Pilot"

Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at XOJET full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. We're all are like one big family here. Great communications with mgmt, open door policy.

Cons

Salary-however, upper mgmt knows this and seeks to address this.

Advice to Management

Salary needs to come up to attract the best qualified pilots.

3. "Done"

Current Employee - First Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - First Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at XOJET (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely employee oriented and great to work for

Cons

Nothing to say here. Always been impressed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Sep 10, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

Thrilled you've found a good home here at XOJET, and thanks for the encouragement!

4. "Client Services Specialist"

I worked at XOJET full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company that values its employees. Wonderful team, lots of attention and personal involvement from management. Good benefits package and opportunities to grow/move within the company, as well as comparatively high hourly pay with lots of additional perks, ranging from free lunches and snacks to corporate discounts at partner companies.

Cons

Lots of hours in front of a computer.

Jun 14, 2018 – Chairman & CEO

Thanks for these kind words!! Our company is a services business. At the end of the day, we are people serving people. This has to start with taking care of each other first -- doing this enables... More

"Pilot"

Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a fantastic time to be a pilot. The job market for us hasn't been this good is in a long time. XOJet has quite a few great things going for its pilot group. We have a pretty great schedule with three options 8/6,15/13 and a flex 18 schedule that allows you to bid for specific days off on a monthly basis as well as maximum consecutive days on which also pays a premium. Home basing = no commuting on days off and you can live where you want (with adequate airline service). Relatively short upgrade times (around 2 years). Continual yearly quality of life improvements. Interesting flying. You may go into ORD or someone's private backyard field, or both in the same day. Fantastic expense policy. Great hotels. Certainly a big step up from any of the regional airlines that I have worked for in the past. XOJet has the potential to be a career move for the right people. The experience gained by flying here is invaluable. Whether you want to use XO as a stepping stone or not, flying here will make you a better pilot.

Cons

With a few more QOL improvements XOJet will be on par compensation wise with NetJets and Flex, if not better. The reason I say better is that you could advance here much faster than the 100 year upgrade at NetJets. You will work when your at work, surprise.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and energetic attitudes!

Jun 3, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

Really appreciate the comments about quality of life, great hotels, home basing, and interesting flying. It's great to see so many pilots finding XOJET to be a big step up from the regional... More

6. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Advisor in Brisbane, CA

I worked at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

XOJET is a very exciting, fast paced, energized and engaged company. The leadership team is involved in the 'day to day' and clearly cares deeply about the well-being of both the company and its individuals. XOJET has created a solid sense of community and the positive effect the executives demonstrate in creating a flat organization makes employees know they are heard and appreciated.

Cons

The XOJET model like many others mean that the team members are not under one roof. While I understand this cannot change and I think the company does a good job of engaging the teams around the country I would like to see more organized events that bring people together.

May 31, 2018 – Chairman & CEO

Thanks for this review. I agree that multiple locations (and the 24/7 nature of our business) make it more challenging to create a sense of community. We are investing in more video capabilities... More

7. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great upper management
    Chief Pilot Office is great and always willing to help with any doubts or questions. I’ve never been pressured to do anything I don’t feel comfortable with. Maintenance is great. I have been here for 4 years and I couldn’t be happier and more satisfied with my job( if you wanna call it a job) I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Pay could be better but our upper management and Pilot round table have worked really hard to address this and it has been trending upward.
    401 K could also be improved and so could sick and PTO, but I have the upmost confidence in our management team and they have only showed me that they are addressing these issues

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open door policy. It’s great to be here and that is because you guys make it great to be here

May 17, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

We're as focused as ever on making XOJET a great place to work. Thanks for the supportive feedback!

8. "Great people. Great culture."

Former Employee - Captain
    Former Employee - Captain

I worked at XOJET full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people make XOJET the great place that it is. Family atmosphere that encourages communication and transparency. Solid just culture framework and a top notch DO and CP office. There is no better 135 operation. Full stop. Senior management strives to do the right thing with limited resources.

I give a 3 star rating for long term career opportunities and 5 stars for a time builder. I would absolutely recommend a friend to work at XOJET in the short term. It’s a great start but regionals are getting more attractive and worth lower time requirements. Long term? Given the market - really depends on the person and their goals. Tough call.

Medical bennies are good.

Cons

The pilot market has never been tougher. Attracting the right people has never been more difficult for any aviation company. This is felt particularly hard at smaller operators and XOJET is not immune. It’s a great company that is trying to weather the attrition storm like everyone else. Clearly XOJET needs to grow in order to survive. It will need to do this by partnering, acquiring or merging. That means inevitable change for the pilot group in some way shape or form. An uncertain future. Until that dust settles it will be difficult to attract people (or keep some) for the long term. The current pay and the schedule are a tough sell for career pilots. Great place to upgrade quickly and move on but pay, retirement and the relatively inflexible schedule (although that is improving) make the outlook weak on attracting long term quality pilots. Junior XOJET pilots are way from home more than they are home. Not good in this market. Regionals have upped the ante significantly in pay with more flexible schedules. XOJET must keep up with the changes and it’s been slow going.

Advice to Management

Going to have to adapt and change. And do it quicker. Things tend to move a bit slow and the senior pilots are leaving quickly.

The transparency is wonderful but it’s a double edged sword. Previous statements made by senior management can sometimes seem contradictory to current business practices leading employees to confusion about the direction of the company. Pick your future business partners wisely.

Keep being the good people that make XOJET special.

And. “Know your audience”. ;)

May 17, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

This is incredibly thoughtful.

I think there are two concepts that stand out - and both are true. One, we think XOJET is a great place to work and prepares you for any job in aviation. It's a... More

9. "Pilot"

Current Employee - Pilot in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pilot in Chicago, IL

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

World class management team, definitely a good working relationship between flight ops/executive management and pilots. Continual improvements in salary/qol over the last four years.

Cons

No cons, it’s a great job that fits my lifestyle.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the transparency, honesty and individual attention.

Apr 2, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

Thanks partner! It's you and your colleagues that make this place special.

10. "XOJET Review"

Current Employee - Pilot

I have been working at XOJET full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company; almost all the employees are committed to XOJET’s future success and they are very professional; good training department; management seems truly concerned about the business side as well as the personal side of its employees; schedule is typically 8/6 but the company tries to accommodate an early RTB on day 8; salary is good (my opinion) but perks include fuel savings, Atlantic Bucks, Hotel points, airline miles, etc.

Cons

None to speak about yet- i’m A relatively new hire but have long life experience; can’t find anything to complain about yet

Advice to Management

None at the moment. Keep up the good work.

Apr 2, 2018 – President, Fleet Operations

Really appreciate the positive comments about training and genuine care for people. Glad you have found a good home at XOJET!