XOJET Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bradley Stewart

Pros
  • Outstanding pilot group, hired by pilots (in 25 reviews)

• Great pilot group, good pay and good environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Being away from home 8 days but that was known coming in (in 4 reviews)

• Unilateral imposition of work rules which negatively impact quality of life and work/life balance for pilots (in 3 reviews)

1. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at XOJET (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting line of work in business jet aviation.

Cons

Tremendous pressure to get the job done right the first time and on time.

Jan 10, 2017 – President, Fleet Operations

Our mission is to serve. We are fortunate to work among committed employees who find purpose in this service mission. Further, XOJET is a performance-oriented team. Getting the job done right and ... More

"New Pay package"

Current Employee - Pilot Captain in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pilot Captain in New York, NY

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding pilot group, hired by pilots. New management style and pay package a vast improvement. New vacation addition for tenured pilots is good. Upper management and Chief Pilots office are the best.
     Monthly Q &A from CEO are informative and open. CEO actually likes his employees and cares about them.

Cons

401K contribution weak, Sick leave accrual for pilots needs to be increase (only 5 days per year, Does not even cover one common cold per year).

Advice to Management

Continue the direction you are going by hiring and keeping good people good at their job ( still some in middle management that don't meet that criteria)

Feb 12, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the positive feedback on the new pay and vacation package. The guys and gals flying for XOJET have recruited and built a unique group of pilots in the industry. It's rewarding to be ... More

3. "Trip Manager/Client Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Trip Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Trip Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at XOJET full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people, fairly easy once you get the aviation basics down, casual environment with free snacks and lots of free lunches.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to move forward, no windows in the office, ineffective micromanaging and juvenile finger pointing often occurs

Advice to Management

automate more processes to alleviate menial tasks and allow client services to take more time to personalize client communication, provide performance incentives

Feb 12, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Good advice regarding process automation and personalized communication. I think we can make real progress here in 2016. Under Renee and Paul's leadership, we are developing a cool new automated ... More

"Disappointing 1yr Experience"

Former Employee - Pilot First Officer in Teterboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Pilot First Officer in Teterboro, NJ

Pros

- Mostly great pilot group
    - Set schedule
    - Home basing
    - Great hotels during layovers
    - Flew somewhere new every rotation (keeps it exciting)
    - Decent short term compensation
    - Current short upgrade time to captain with the right qualifications
    - Overall not a bad place to work but far from the best place for a pilot

Cons

- Very little to look forward to in pay and quality of life in the long term. Pay increases are minimal, amount of days worked remain the same (other than 1 extra week of vacation after a few years). 401k is inadequate.
    - Constant promises/lies from management on changes and improvements when the company starts making profits. CEO (Bread Stewart) claims the company can't afford to pay higher wages. In the meantime, investors are thanking pilots for all the money they are making for them.
    - More days away from home than most other pilot jobs
    - Very little flexibility in the fixed schedule
    - One incident away from being out of business entirely. Any high profile accident could shut them down.

Advice to Management

- Take care of your employees and they will take care of the company. Pilots have a great deal of control on how much profit can be made. If you compensate them fairly for what they are worth then they will take care of the company and stay for the long term. When you are losing 25% of your pilots per year and the remaining 70% have applications to other companies, they are obviously not satisfied with their quality of life and compensation.

- You get what you pay for. You want top quality pilots (which you currently have many). You need to pay them top industry salary or they will go where that is offered.

- Having a revolving door of new and inexperienced pilots coming and going is not safe and is of high risk of an incident.

Feb 1, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

We strive to recruit good people who are good at their jobs, but of course not everyone ends up being the right fit. That said, it is disappointing to learn that a departing team member was ... More

"Getting better but still has a lot of work ahead."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at XOJET (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great peer to peer program. The Sacramento office wouldn't be the same without office manager Katie Schendel and all the hard work she puts in for all of the employees.

Cons

Very little raises unless you are middle or upper management. Disconnect between upper management and office employees.

Advice to Management

Add mandatory training for managers before they become managers. Train your upper management on how to work with their direct reports. Implement a yearly raise (i.e. cost of living) all employees work hard at XOJET. I believe all employees want to stay at XOJET but they won't if they don't have an incentive to stay and if you don't become competitive with similar companies.

Oct 14, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Agree that all employees work hard at XOJET. We win and lose as a team. Moreover, we absolutely need to remain competitive with similar companies, as you suggest. In this spirit, we were proud to ... More

"Trip Manager"

Current Employee - Trip Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Trip Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The XOJET family is definitely a tight-knit group. The work environment is very team-oriented and every department works together to act as part of a puzzle daily to create the main picture. The company itself has a very competitive and different product to offer in the industry and is on a thriving path towards extensive growth. I am very satisfied with the opportunities provided to me and am realizing my potential by being able to contribute in a great place.

Cons

Every organization has it's minor flaws. Especially in a constantly growing and changing company such as XOJET, it can be hard to keep up and have some tasks get lost in translation that can effect daily operations.

Advice to Management

Don't have any specific advice to provide management. Overall, I truly do believe management does a wonderful job in addressing employee concerns, resolving day-to-day issues, and working towards instilling values of XOJET in daily operations in order to provide a great product to the most sophisticated private aviation consumers.

Aug 6, 2015 – President & CEO

Thanks for this very kind and thoughtful post. I love the part about us being a tight-knit group. We are very much focused on being a people-oriented and value-centered company. It is good to see ... More

8. "IT Support"

Current Employee - IT Tech Support in McClellan, CA
    Current Employee - IT Tech Support in McClellan, CA

Pros

I have arrived and I want to stay. I am able to flourish and grow in my profession in this role. Initiative, problem solving, collaborating and free thinking are encouraged. This allows me to problem solve and work on proactive resourcing rather than putting out fires.

I have spent nearly two years here now and enjoy my job! I enjoy assisting staff with any computer issues. It is greatest wish to be a part of XOJET to continue to grow as they have and to know that I have and will continue to contribute to their success.

Cons

I suppose that I could share some cons, however at the moment I cannot think of any that would be relevant to my cause .

Advice to Management

This is not so much advice but rather a request. I would like to be a permanent employee.
    As my boss likes to say " I would be an asset to the company" and he is my biggest fan.

Jul 31, 2015 – President & CEO

What an endorsement of everything we are trying to be -- a winning culture, focused on continuous improvement!! I am humbled by how this post really underscores the ethos of what it means to work at ... More

"Growing Company that Allows its Employees to Grow with it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Putting aside the obvious pros of working with a fast growing company in an interesting industry, and putting aside the "sexy, differed-every-day" nature of the industry overall, XOJET in particular is doing a lot of things right. Even though the company gets bigger every day, the personal access employees have to executive leadership is far greater than any other company I've worked. The CEO knows the name of just about everyone, and everyone calls him by his first name. That personal connection extends across the board, and really helps us, as employees, feel close to to the process.

The company has also shown a great willingness to find the best possible spot for every employee that shows interest in being a part of XOJET long-term. It's not unusual to meet employees who started in one role and have been welcomed into roles that may not be obvious fits, but turn out to have been beneficial to both sides.

Cons

There are times when the infrastructure/bureaucracy of the company takes a little while to catch up to the bigger ideas and concepts the company. Decisions that are made quickly are held up/slowed by the processes sometimes.

IT often seems to behind the curve in comparison to other companies of our size.

Advice to Management

One of the biggest hurdles this industry has in terms of maintaining consistency day-in/day-out every day, 365 days a year is that the workers are also prone to burn out. I encourage the leadership to continue to seek ways to extend the "battery life" of the employees in an environment that is designed to never stop.

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

Nice recap of our close-knit culture. Definitely agree that our intense client service focus is exhausting -- we are working to identify and introduce ways for front line employees to have more ... More

"Family Atmosphere/Good Pay/Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture. Working at XOJET is like working with a large extended family. The culture at XO is unlike any company I've been at over the past 10 years. From the top down, I've personally experienced what it means to have a management team that genuinely cares about its employees and truly values people.

Communication. The CEO, Brad Stewart, has a true open door policy. He's very approachable and invites dialogue regarding anything and everything related to XOJET, the overall industry, and the personal goals of the employees of the company. This is true of other members of senior management as well.

Financially rewarding. Especially relative to other companies within the same industry, the pay at XOJET is very good. The benefits are great as well.

Growth opportunity. If you're looking for a company that hires good people, then looks to develop those people, and ultimately hires from within for growth opportunities, XOJET is the place to be.

Cons

Always changing... I'm calling this a con because it's all about perspective. XOJET has grown and changed a lot over the years. For a person who likes routine and is resistant to change, it can be tough. But for a person who can adapt and grow with the company (and willing to push through some of the bumps that come with those changes), XOJET can be a great place for the long-haul.

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

Agree that we are building a unique culture. Very fun. Change is part of transformation and growth. And while uncomfortable at times, development is critical to XOJET becoming the leading ... More

11. "Exciting Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Aviation Sales Advisor in Brisbane, CA
    Current Employee - Aviation Sales Advisor in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at XOJET full-time (More than a year)

Pros

XOJET is the first of its kind in private aviation. Their model is the forefront of the industry and the company is growing and getting smarter every day. The leadership its excited, supportive and truly believes in XOJET- a must for me when choosing an employer.

Cons

In previous jobs I have worked with everyone under one roof- or at least in one city. I find it hard to be spread around the country, though understand its a necessity in our industry.

Mar 27, 2015 – President & CEO

Definitely agree that we are quickly becoming the clear alternative to fractional and card models, serving sophisticated private aviation consumers. And also agree that the nature of our ... More