XPO Logistics Reviews

3.6
XPO Logistics CEO Bradley S. Jacobs
Bradley S. Jacobs
2,185 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast paced work environment with lots of opportunity for growth and learning(in 133 reviews)

• "Good Workplace Good Management Fun work environment(in 104 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very long hours for salary workers(in 139 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance - which is dependent on the individual(in 114 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of XPO Logistics and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Top Logistics Company for a Reason!

Jun 5, 2020 - Senior District Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are industry leading. Compensation is near the top. Great colleagues to work with every day! A company that truly believes in their core values.

Cons

Not many. Work hours can vary based on the ever changing market and customer demand.

36 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Manifesta

Mar 15, 2021 - Material Handler in Montgomery, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly cool environment a company you can move up in

Cons

Certain managers have favoritisms also some have racism going on but that's not my business I'm here to work and make money

Employment Brand Analyst

Thank you for your feedback. At XPO, we’re committed to creating a work environment that’s supportive, inclusive and respectful. We take comments regarding racism very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Worse Place to work since XPO took over Conway

May 10, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

drivers and staff are wonderful, respectable people to work with

Cons

This company was great when Con-Way Freight, then XPO cut staff extremely causing everyone to do the work of 2-3 people thus lowering customer service, causing more damaged freight and very angry customers, only cared about numbers and stock market and not employees and customers as Conway did. It is a shame they lost some very good managers, sales reps, and customer service reps who never missed a day and that were very accurate and dedicated to the business then made them do the job that for many years 2-3 people did was put onto 1 person, and lack of warehouse staffing caused to much of a hurry thus destroying the customers freight, body hoods come in looking like bumpers.. Shame on you XPO you are not an LTL freight company. Supervisors do not help as much as should and do not even know most of the job of those they are supervising so are of no assistance when needed or available to help or teach so, you end up training yourself how to do new tasks through trial and error. When staff and management ask for help they are threatened to be replaced. Months of telling them need help and refuse to give the staffing needed putting everyone under undo stress and lowering customer service

Employment Brand Analyst

Thank you for sharing your feedback. XPO has a culture of continuous improvement. Your honest review will help us improve and do better. We’re very grateful for your feedback and wish you the best in your future.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

They're sick yo

May 9, 2021 - Forklift Operator in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I quite enjoy the hours and pay and the amount of different opportunities I can take

Cons

Management is new and inexperienced but they are learning

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Immature HR and business processes

May 8, 2021 - IT Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Energetic work environment with opportunities to learn, but chaotic

Cons

No serious intention to develop enterprise maturity. Career development plans are non-existent except for those in senior roles. ("It's who you know...")

Employment Brand Analyst

We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

6. 5.0

Great Place for High Acheivers

May 4, 2021 - Manager, FP&A in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of opportunity for process improvement if you like to fix things / make things better! Hard work is recognized and compensated for! Competitive pay across the board.

Cons

Messy / disorganized information. Data is all over the place. Systems aren't well-integrated from legacy companies. Lots of layoffs/ pruning of talent.

7. 4.0

Great Overall

May 4, 2021 - Carrier Procurement Representative in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company itself is diverse, has great benefits, and the higher-ups really care about Job satisfaction

Cons

Your local office can be subject to politics.

Employment Brand Analyst

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, experiences and suggestions for improvement.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place to Grow

May 5, 2021 - Customer Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Need higher advancement for committed people

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wish I had started here. Best job ever!

Apr 6, 2021 - Material Handler in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big focus on safety first. We all watch out for each other, always new job openings, meaning chances to possibly move around in the company. We set reasonable expectations, and we have a good time mostly meeting those expectations.

Cons

Maybe we are too inclusive to where it takes some time to find the right fit for some positions, which makes the job harder sometimes. It can be fast paced labor intensive , but it is fun unless we don't have the right people to handle it. not major though...

Employment Brand Analyst

Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. Keep up the great work!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Thankful

Feb 17, 2021 - Freight Classification Specialist-Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Essential positions, longevity/tenure, continuous education, mobility, decent pay, 401K, coworkers like family, understanding management, and the best operational flow.

Cons

Every single job has areas it could improve. The only issues I encounter are operational. Having to rely on and work with others who are unsafe and have less work ethic and integrity is sometimes difficult and then other jobs starting at my current salary in the area for entry level positions. Receive pay raises randomly but have not had a cost of living raise in a few years although pay is average.

Employment Brand Analyst

Thank you for sharing your review. Your honest feedback helps us improve as we strive to make XPO a great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,687 Reviews