Xactly Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Xactly Corp. Founder and CEO Christopher W. Cabrera
Christopher W. Cabrera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance and flexible working hours are the best thinga which keep attrition at a minimum" (in 29 reviews)

• "Based on what I have seen so far, good place to work and great culture" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is a little below market value, but the work life balance more than makes up for that" (in 6 reviews)

• "Relatively new employee but no cons so far" (in 8 reviews)

"Talk about an Awesome company!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong company culture and a great work life balance. Everyone is extremely motivated and eager to do well. Collaborative and fun work environment. It is awesome working for a company that is a leader in the Incentive Compensation Space - product keeps getting better with new features. Loving our temp space and cannot wait to see the new office.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Manager"

I worked at Xactly Corp. (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really tries to live up to it's values. Falls short on some but great with others.

Cons

Growth expectations make work/life pretty tough.

Advice to Management

Keep trying and keep communicating with the team to understand where improvements can be made.

May 14, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and 10+ years of service! Our core values, C.A.R.E, are extremely important to the success of Xactly. We welcome detailed feedback on the area's where we can improve... More

"Chaos and Fear"

Pros

Central locations, perks that cater well to a twenty something crowd

Cons

Pay is below market standards, managers have little or no training and manage based on fear. If you are a friend of someome high in the organization then your path is clear. Rules are only enforced when it is to their advantage.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about C.A.R.E, practice it

Jun 11, 2018 – Human Resources

First, I'd like to thank you for providing feedback.

Investing in our people managers through training and development has been and will continue to be a top priority here at Xactly. Managers... More

"What does Xactly do again?"

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Good perks overall
    Some great people

Cons

For a company who is all about driving behaviors and a CEO boasting an excellent culture, they are sure terrible at backing that up. Quotas nearly doubled with no explanation how they got there when so few people hit quota anyways (like 15-20% and was told 75% in my interview). They don't even use their own software correctly. It took two months to get their plans and they still only use a fraction of the platform. So much turnover in the past year across executive team, sales team (most top performers), marketing and more. The CEO claims an open/honest culture but makes sure to squash anyone who would test him. Internal promotions vs. new hires have significantly different OTE. They clearly don't use their own data to make informed decisions about market values.

CEO makes comments like:
    "I don't have to work, you guys are lucky to still have the founder of the company around"
    "The product sells itself"
    "We know we don't pay market, but we give you a great culture in return, which is more important anyways"
    "If you don't like the excellent culture I've built, get out. We don't want you anyways"
    "This survey you're filling out is not a chance to be honest, but a chance to win an award that will make more people want to work here"

It's all an ego-stroke for him at this point, and he's not shy about it. He's very proud to be the founder of the company and will let you know it in every interaction with him.

Jun 15, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on Xactly.

Our C.A.R.E. values are extremely important to me and our Glassdoor rating shows that the majority of the community agrees that we are... More

"Great Interview Process, Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Interview process was smooth and moved quickly
    - The Company has great people, benefits, and culture which make working here fun and allows for plenty of career growth and development opportunities.

Cons

- Relatively new employee but no cons so far

Advice to Management

Ensure the Company sticks to it's culture.

Apr 19, 2018 – Human Resources

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience. Our C.A.R.E values are very important to us, so we hope to provide you with a positive experience throughout your... More

"Dont Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life, young generally positive work culture. If you are over 40 this is not the place for you. Great location downtown. Decent benefits. Snacks

Cons

If you are considering Xactly. Consider that all of the awards and accolades are paid for....

Mediocrity defines Xactly. If you come from a real company, with efficient, talented, and hardworking people, Xactly is not for you. If you come from a tiny company or local government Xactly is your place. They talk all about C.A.R.E... lol (literally laughed as I thought about how CARE is used 0% of the time by anyone at that company).

4/5 'Sales Directors' have less than 1 year of sales management experience. Junior managers in training anywhere else. No metrics, no focus, no direction, and no one is coaching them on best practices.

Over half of the sales force quit while I was in training.

The majority of the sales force >50% will never make their expected OTE.

Bait and switched 30 new salespeople, hired as Enterprise on their offer letters, and within 30 days all were demoted to Commercial.

Complete lack of accountability across all departments, No one is interested in doing what their actual job entails.

You will be told how much money you can make, it is a complete lie.

Find anyone who quit Xactly on linkedin and ask them...

If you do not want to work hard, not make real money, and put up with a terrible management team, Xactly may be for you. If you are truly a talented, hard-working, intelligent person, Xactly is not.

Advice to Management

Read, literally, any of the thousands of management books out there, pick one.

May 31, 2018 – VP of Sales

Thanks for the candid feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t feel empowered to succeed because this is a top priority. We aim to push C.A.R.E out as far as possible while balancing that with... More

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Xactly for almost a year now and I couldn't be happier! The people and culture truly make it enjoyable to come to the office everyday. The backing of Vista Equity Partners and the growth has been incredibly exciting.

Cons

Big transition period for the company

Advice to Management

Continue to support your team members and have open conversations.

"Love My Job!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

I had searched a while for a full time role with a company like Xactly. I needed a tech company, downtown location, amazing benefits (FTO), flexible ability to work from home, great people and fun culture/environment. Our company hit all the nails on the head!

Cons

There have been some growing pains with being bought by Vista, out growing our old office, moving into the new building etc. But everyone has handled it all extremely well and I'm super excited to be fully moved into the Chase building.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking new ways to improve your management style. Keep meeting with your team and implementing the feedback given.

9. "Good company"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible on WFH

Cons

Plain benefits, long release cycle

"Opportunity all around!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Continued investment in people, product and efficiency across all areas of the business. Great culture and new investment in leadership.

Cons

Opportunity exists throughout the company —- Take advantage of the change! Tremendous growth in Colorado with continued opportunities in San Jose, and globally.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees (and yourselves) across the spectrum of talent.