Xactly Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

Xactly Corp. Founder and CEO Christopher W. Cabrera
Christopher W. Cabrera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Pay is a little below market value, but the work life balance more than makes up for that (in 7 reviews)

• Some growing pains associated with company growth (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people. It feels more like a family than work. Amazing team collaboration
    The culture. The entire company is big on culture. The focus on customer and employee success and happiness, and being accountable
    The work. Love that our software is solving a problem out in the industry with incentivizing employee behavior correctly.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Being transparent, thoughtful, and being innovative.

"Exciting Path Forward!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities for growth, development and career advancement in all locations.

Cons

None. An abundance of opportunities to make an impact!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Newly introduced management training opportunities are great improvements!

"Best career decision i've ever made!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

has been the best decision i have made joining xactly... the culture is amazing, management is hands on and really cares about development, the product actually solves a business need.... seriously i cannot say any more amazing things about xactly.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything

Advice to Management

nothing, keep doing what you are doing!

Sep 11, 2017 – Human Resources

We are so happy that you made the decision to become a Xactlian! Thank you for the kind words and make sure to add your rubber band to the ball!

"AMAZING FUTURE AHEAD!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm so excited about the Vista acquisition. It's so new, yet they have already accomplished so much! It honestly couldn't be a more perfect situation. Imagine if your company (Xactly) was doing really well and someone (Vista) believed so much in your company, product, management, employees that they let you continue doing everything you're doing almost exactly the same, but they give you more money to grow the business, they let you immediately acquire another company that will let you expand the functionality of your already great product, and they do some minor changes to fix a few of the flaws in your business. I've never seen a more successful acquisition than this, I can't wait to see how our business continues to improve over the years!

You see people talk about favoritism in Lead Gen in some negative reviews and that's because there are some top performers who weren't promoted as quickly as others, but performance is not the only thing that matters when a promotion is considered and people forget that. The people who do get promoted are 9/10 times very successful, so management is obviously doing a great job on selecting who is best fit for an AE role.

Cons

NO CONS other than AE's are underpaid, but I believe Vista will be fixing this.

I saw in a negative review someone said, "there's no open culture." This is completely untrue, in fact, it's the exact opposite. I had a problem with my territory at one point and I came up with some solutions that were taken very well and my territory improved dramatically. If you're unhappy about something and you state your opinion in a constructive way, you WILL be listened to, but sure, if you just complain without offering any solutions, then that's not going to be taken well.

Advice to Management

AWESOME JOB SELECTING VISTA TO ACQUIRE US!!! There couldn't have been a better choice!! Excited for the future!

Aug 18, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share what this acquisition means to you! We are also very excited about the Vista acquisition and the future of Xactly!

Change can be scary, but with change... More

"Definitely a great place to work"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

The culture is very strong---high energy, collaborative, supportive
    The executive team seems to be very aligned on the focus of the company--always transparent and supportive. They care about their employees
    Looking forward to learning from Vista on their proven best practices

Cons

No major cons to share

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing---listening to your employees

"Work hard, play occasionally"

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of Xactly are the incredible people. Most people will go out of the way to help you. The pay is pretty good as well.

Cons

Long hours. While there is a lot of pressure to work more and more hours, there is no additional incentive to put in those hours.

Management is a hit or miss depending on who you speak to. Middle management is pretty good, upper management just cares about numbers.

"Solid workplace - excited for the future"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've always felt very supported by the executive team and overall leadership. Most everyone in the company is more than willing to lean in and help to resolve an issue or potential sales cycle road block.

The sales leadership is very in tune with challenges the sales org is facing in the market and quickly provide us tools to compensate or adapt our pitch to better position our solution. Bottom line - If you perform, you will always feel valued as an employee and contributor. I've seen many people advance rather quickly as a result of consistent performance and willingness to learn. It seems like the preference is to promote from within for middle management roles which is encouraging to newer reps and makes for a leadership team that has actually experienced success while selling the tool.

If you aren't performing, there are multiple efforts made to understand why and develop a plan of action for better success.

Cons

With the recent acquisition, it will be difficult to anticipate changes ahead. I imagine the change will be positive for some, and challenging for others.

Advice to Management

Provide consistency and encouragement during the time of transition. With so many things unknown, being reminded why we all joined this company goes a long way.

Aug 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive experience with Glassdoor! The feedback you provided will be useful as we travel down this new path.

We are glad to call you an Xactlian and to... More

"Not what it seems"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location is awesome. Younger group of people so everyone is social and enjoys doing outside of work activities.

Cons

"Company culture" is HIGHLY political - lots of favorites and it very much follows the "what have you done for me today" mentality. Many successful SDRs/Reps with lots of potential are overlooked because they aren't the managers favorite. You must be a part of the Good-Ole-Boys Club if you want to do well and grow your career here. Favorites end up getting the best territories and holdovers (usually 3-4 times the amount of good, workable accounts compared to the others). Many talented reps come in to find how difficult Xactly is to sell in the SMB/Mid-Marketspace (which is the role every AE starts in) and don't end up selling anything for 3-4 quarters before getting a deal in, pretty sad and inconsistent.
    The Lead Gen (SDR) team is where the company fails hard. They have zero interest in promoting internally as they don’t have management with leadership skills to effectively coach and grow careers. Talented SDR's get burned out and the organization loses potential star reps. Most of the leadership is hired internally and never proved their leadership capabilities, only that they could hit a number, so they fail once they are in seat to lead. To supplement this, they hire overqualified people to take a downgraded SDR position promising them a fast track promotion because of previous closing skills, so that Xactly doesn’t have to invest in teaching them the skills needed to be hired as an AE. The recruiters over-promise and consistently fabricate how quickly you can get promoted and potential earnings to get talent in the door, only to leave them disappointed and the turnover cycle to continue.
    I know for a fact that when HR/Recruiting team sees a negative review on Glassdoor, they actively find someone who hasn’t written on one their team to post a positive one to lessen the effects of the negative, honest reviews.
    Another side note, SDR organization is made up of 90% male and fail to make it a diverse workplace.

Advice to Management

Vista's acquisition of Xactly seems promising. Hopefully they will do a clean sweet of the current management and get people in there with the ability to lead, delegate, not play favorites, communicate expectations, and treat everyone fairly. Best of luck..

"A place to advance your career"

Current Employee - Sales Director - Former Xactly AE in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Director - Former Xactly AE in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Xactly promotes from within often. There are many stories of entry level to Manager or Director I can recite from all departments. The combination of hiring great talent with the development of current employees creates an invested and experienced workforce that feels like family.

Xactly's core products are best of breed. Xactly's new products are innovative.

The culture is one of caring. A group of 400-500 people can never be perfect, but I have some of the best colleagues and coworkers that truly want to see everyone succeed - no matter where in the hierarchy they are. We collaborate well and the door is open to every single person on up to the CEO.

Xactly's culture is diverse, fun loving, and one that enables growth.

The reason the above few 'Pros' are possible is due to leadership. Xactly leaders have created an environment where people can be promoted, people can feel comfortable / safe, world class products are built, and long term partnerships with customers are nurtured. Our leaders have put Xactly in a position to go public in 2015, and acquired in 2017 for further growth. This is all done with leadership and there should be no doubt about the quality of leaders at Xactly.

Cons

The cons apply only to those that found themselves in the wrong role, or at least at the wrong time in their life.

Advice to Management

Keep the fire through the acquisition!

"Promotions not often based on performance/numbers"

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Great people and good product. I enjoyed much of my time at Xactly and the connections I have made here. We had good opportunities for training in a number of different areas as well.

I feel like I learned a good deal about business to add to my previous job experience while I was at Xactly but its clear that promotions are based on cherry picking personalities that upper management thinks will work when others who have proven themselves but are not selected by management to move up are rarely given a shot.

Cons

From my experience, many different types of personalities work in sales (especially in this day and age when the stereotypical salesman/woman is no more effective) and cherry picking personalities over performance just doesn't seem like the right model. While I have seen some people who have been offered promotions become highly successful, many others have sold essentially nothing. I have also seen many talented, high performers in all levels of the company treated unfairly based on various things (not clicking with managers etc).

Advice to Management

If you are hesitant to promote a high preforming individual who is an asset to the company offer other opportunities in a different area.