Xactly Corp. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Xactly Corp. Founder and CEO Christopher W. Cabrera
Christopher W. Cabrera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance and flexible working hours are the best thinga which keep attrition at a minimum" (in 31 reviews)

• "Based on what I have seen so far, good place to work and great culture" (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is a little below market value, but the work life balance more than makes up for that" (in 6 reviews)

• "Relatively new employee but no cons so far" (in 9 reviews)

"Marketing Summer Internship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Xactly Corp. (Less than a year)

Pros

This summer internship has been an amazing experience. Everyone in the company has been very welcoming and supportive. This program invests a lot of time and resources into supporting all of the interns' professional development. Execs took the time to speak to us about their career experiences and company recruiters helped us improve our LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and soft skills. I feel like the work that I did during my time here was meaningful.

Cons

I can't currently think of any.

Aug 27, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship! We love our interns and welcome you back anytime!

"Cool place to work"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

- Benefits
    - Work/Life balance
    - Free snacks and drinks
    - Friendly coworkers

Cons

- Need more direction and career development

Aug 27, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback. Your suggestion of more career development and direction is helpful as we enhance our Learning and Development department. We love our... More

"Great Culture, Benefits,People, Growth Opportunities."

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - UI Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work.... we have a Flex Time Off policy and can work from home if needed. The culture is fantastic and my team is great. I've been welcomed by everyone I've. Xactly is growing and there is a lot of opportunity for for professional growth. I'm so happy I joined this winning team!

Cons

I really can't think of any at this time.....

Advice to Management

consider an opt in/out on some of the benefits offered to more closely align with individual needs.

"If you're looking for growth, look no further!"

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

This is an organization that is currently undergoing a great amount of change due to a recent acquisition; from my perspective, the leadership team is doing everything in their power to ease the nerves that an acquisition can cause.
    Due to the extraordinary amount of growth we've experienced, there are opportunities to learn something new every day if you want it! Management from all levels of the organization are vetted for their ability to train, develop, and inspire others.
    Bottom line, if you're looking for a place to learn, grown, and be surrounded by passionate, hard-working individuals, this is the place for you!

Cons

Growing pains as to be expected with any merger

"Chaos and Fear"

Pros

Central locations, perks that cater well to a twenty something crowd

Cons

Pay is below market standards, managers have little or no training and manage based on fear. If you are a friend of someome high in the organization then your path is clear. Rules are only enforced when it is to their advantage.

Advice to Management

Don't just talk about C.A.R.E, practice it

Jun 11, 2018 – Human Resources

First, I'd like to thank you for providing feedback.

Investing in our people managers through training and development has been and will continue to be a top priority here at Xactly. Managers... More

"What does Xactly do again?"

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time

Pros

Good perks overall
    Some great people

Cons

For a company who is all about driving behaviors and a CEO boasting an excellent culture, they are sure terrible at backing that up. Quotas nearly doubled with no explanation how they got there when so few people hit quota anyways (like 15-20% and was told 75% in my interview). They don't even use their own software correctly. It took two months to get their plans and they still only use a fraction of the platform. So much turnover in the past year across executive team, sales team (most top performers), marketing and more. The CEO claims an open/honest culture but makes sure to squash anyone who would test him. Internal promotions vs. new hires have significantly different OTE. They clearly don't use their own data to make informed decisions about market values.

CEO makes comments like:
    "I don't have to work, you guys are lucky to still have the founder of the company around"
    "The product sells itself"
    "We know we don't pay market, but we give you a great culture in return, which is more important anyways"
    "If you don't like the excellent culture I've built, get out. We don't want you anyways"
    "This survey you're filling out is not a chance to be honest, but a chance to win an award that will make more people want to work here"

It's all an ego-stroke for him at this point, and he's not shy about it. He's very proud to be the founder of the company and will let you know it in every interaction with him.

Jun 15, 2018 – VP of Human Resources

Thank you for taking a moment to provide feedback on Xactly.

Our C.A.R.E. values are extremely important to me and our Glassdoor rating shows that the majority of the community agrees that we are... More

"Great Interview Process, Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Interview process was smooth and moved quickly
    - The Company has great people, benefits, and culture which make working here fun and allows for plenty of career growth and development opportunities.

Cons

- Relatively new employee but no cons so far

Advice to Management

Ensure the Company sticks to it's culture.

Apr 19, 2018 – Human Resources

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience. Our C.A.R.E values are very important to us, so we hope to provide you with a positive experience throughout your... More

"Manager"

I worked at Xactly Corp. (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really tries to live up to it's values. Falls short on some but great with others.

Cons

Growth expectations make work/life pretty tough.

Advice to Management

Keep trying and keep communicating with the team to understand where improvements can be made.

May 14, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and 10+ years of service! Our core values, C.A.R.E, are extremely important to the success of Xactly. We welcome detailed feedback on the area's where we can improve... More

"Talk about an Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong company culture and a great work life balance. Everyone is extremely motivated and eager to do well. Collaborative and fun work environment. It is awesome working for a company that is a leader in the Incentive Compensation Space - product keeps getting better with new features. Loving our temp space and cannot wait to see the new office.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Dont Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Denver, CO

I worked at Xactly Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life, young generally positive work culture. If you are over 40 this is not the place for you. Great location downtown. Decent benefits. Snacks

Cons

If you are considering Xactly. Consider that all of the awards and accolades are paid for....

Mediocrity defines Xactly. If you come from a real company, with efficient, talented, and hardworking people, Xactly is not for you. If you come from a tiny company or local government Xactly is your place. They talk all about C.A.R.E... lol (literally laughed as I thought about how CARE is used 0% of the time by anyone at that company).

4/5 'Sales Directors' have less than 1 year of sales management experience. Junior managers in training anywhere else. No metrics, no focus, no direction, and no one is coaching them on best practices.

Over half of the sales force quit while I was in training.

The majority of the sales force >50% will never make their expected OTE.

Bait and switched 30 new salespeople, hired as Enterprise on their offer letters, and within 30 days all were demoted to Commercial.

Complete lack of accountability across all departments, No one is interested in doing what their actual job entails.

You will be told how much money you can make, it is a complete lie.

Find anyone who quit Xactly on linkedin and ask them...

If you do not want to work hard, not make real money, and put up with a terrible management team, Xactly may be for you. If you are truly a talented, hard-working, intelligent person, Xactly is not.

Advice to Management

Read, literally, any of the thousands of management books out there, pick one.

May 31, 2018 – VP of Sales

Thanks for the candid feedback.

I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t feel empowered to succeed because this is a top priority. We aim to push C.A.R.E out as far as possible while balancing that with... More