Xantrion Reviews | Glassdoor

Anne Bisagno

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"All around great team"

I have been working at Xantrion full-time

Pros

Everyone gets 17 days of PTO+ holidays to start, great healthcare and 401k, work life balance, diverse environments with a lot of learning opportunities, flexible work from home. Good customers, and the biggest one is great coworkers. A lot of hardworking people supporting businesses that make a difference in the world.

Cons

It is still an MSP. Too much of your time will be dealing with problem customers, software that we should never be supporting, and trying to find information that was never recorded. But that is what they pay us for.

Advice to Management

Ditch caliper and take more chances with new hires.

2. "Love Being a Part of This Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Xantrion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Never a shortage of challenging work. My technical skills are constantly improving because I am building upon the knowledge that I had when I was first hired over two years ago.

Cons

Can go long periods of time without seeing some of my fellow co-workers, as consultants often work onsite with clients.

Advice to Management

Like how we are having more team events lately, hope that we can continue to do this.

3. "Enjoy Doing My Job Each Day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Xantrion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the work that I do, the people that I get to work with (co-workers and customers) and the pay is competitive.

Cons

Nothing right now to report.

"Exciting and Challenging Work Environment"

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Xantrion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to work with very intelligent co-workers who are great problem solvers. People are always available to help each other find solutions to work-based challenges.

Cons

There are none at the moment.

Advice to Management

Thanks for honestly caring about fellow co-workers, it means a lot!

5. "Customer and coworkers were the best"

Pros

team of really smart people
    interesting to work with multiple clients
    ability to work from home

Cons

management is very disorganized
    never enough people to cover all of the work
    long hours

Xantrion Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your perspective. Each year we conduct an anonymous survey of employee satisfaction to identify opportunities for us to do better. I’ll include this feedback as one such... More

"Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Tier I Support Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Tier I Support Engineer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Xantrion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are super knowledgeable. Fast pace environment. Strong sense of comradery. Comfortable work environment. Lots of room to grow within the company. Free lunch every week.

Cons

Starting out can be very overwhelming but the company provides a budget for each individual employee to become better.

You can't drink beer on the clock.

You can't wear sweats to work.

Not enough female techs!

Advice to Management

Tom and Anne are great and very approachable. Tom sits in at the meetings and it's not intimidating at all. He makes really good contributions to the discussion and makes meetings very constructive and meaningful.

"Xantrion"

I have been working at Xantrion full-time

Pros

Down to earth and really smart team

Cons

Wish we didn't have to dress up every day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"A Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Daly City, CA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Agent in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Xantrion full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked at Xantrion for 8 years now and couldn't be happier with this company. There is much room to grow, as they are willing and encourage us to move up the ladder to the various positions. I started off at the help desk level and eventually worked my way to quoting and purchasing.

The management is very level headed and takes everything into consideration before acting. Xantrion treats their employees very well and are very accommodating.

The employees that are hired and brought on tend to excel due to the hiring process. The hiring process is more extensive than most companies, but that is a good thing as Xantrion will not just hire anyone. Xantrion looks for technologically competent, quality people who can and are willing to work with clients on a day to day basis.

Cons

In my personal opinion, there aren't many cons to working at Xantrion. The only complaint would be that there is much work to be done and not enough manpower. That can be considered a good thing as Xantrion is always looking for quality employees.

"So good i came back"

I have been working at Xantrion full-time

Pros

Excellent support from management and the team. Very knowledgable crew that is both supportive and helps further your knowledge and career.

Cons

Sometimes after-hours work is required, but this is IT so that comes with the territory!

"An amazing team and place to grow"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Xantrion (More than a year)

Pros

I was recruited my last quarter in college and worked part-time. Upon graduation, I was immediately offered a full-time position after a limited 2 full weeks of work. With three other offers on my plate, Xantrion was the clear winner because they recognized hard work in such a short period of time.

Management - Absolutely amazing, they were always level-headed and backed what they said with data. I was promoted twice in the firm, which meant a change in managers too - both of which are some of the best managers I've ever worked with. The company founders are also incredibly intelligent and extremely business savvy.

Work - This is the best place to be if you're trying to start or progress your IT career. The company is very transparent both financially and throughout the organization.

Team - I loved my colleagues and I still keep in touch with many of them today. It's highly-collaborative and someone is always willing to lend a hand.

Benefits - It's one of the few companies that provide 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage. I recalled there were 17 days of PTO and also 5 days to study towards an exam. In total, that's about 22 days a year (OVER A MONTH!). You get more through seniority too. I recalled some team members were forced on PTO because they just rather work.

Overall, if you're in IT and looking for a place that recognizes hard work and appreciates you, come to Xantrion. If you're lazy and hope to fall through the cracks, look somewhere else.

Cons

More off sites with the team would have been nice, but as a private business that needs to be profitable, it makes sense.