Xceed Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

Found 11 reviews

2.9
Bary Azmi
  1. "Technical Support Engineer"

I have been working at Xceed Technologies

Pros

Good Place to get experience

Cons

Get the experience is my challange

Xceed Technologies2014-08-03
    • "Good for short term and to gain some experience."

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for short term and to gain some experience.

Cons

Good for short term and to gain some experience.

Xceed Technologies2014-07-23
      • "It was great at first.."

I worked at Xceed Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are nice and welcoming.

Cons

Management can be unfair and rude.

Xceed Technologies2014-07-17

"Good for short term.."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Xceed Technologies full-time

Pros

- On RF side - you can learn all technologies quickly in one place which u do not find elsewhere. - same applies to sw development. Highly qualified and very friendly people. Most of them are stuck due to H1B or EAD status - good revenue for a small comp but they do not share much so do not get excited - flexible timings but definitely >40hrs week day and weekend effort....

Cons

- Use and throw attitude - hav seen many who worked hard and setup for yrs and one day they get fired..reason being high pay, one bad performance or not being nice at that moment with management...no warnings given..they got lot of ego problems - Job security has been a concern in recent times - many qualified PM's and engineers left bcoz they realized the 1st con..25% leaving in 6 months shows this off - They will...

Advice to Management

See evry1 with same eye...why in one dept many gets promoted..new titles..but not the same in another dept ? (between they just got 3-4 depts)...its becoz of d dept head..Plz think if u see this. My review was of all facts and very neutral..hope this helps others in choosing to work here.

Xceed Technologies2013-03-14

"very bad experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Xceed Technologies full-time

Pros

Work for them only if you are desperate for job.

Cons

- No formal training or introduction to the company system and procedures, they expect progress and results from 1st week. - management knows everything except how to manage. Very poor management. lack of directions. - everyone under pressure, even if you work hard you never get a "THANK YOU".

Advice to Management

Be fair with employees, invest in your employees so they give you the results you want.

Xceed Technologies2013-03-08
      • "Great Company"

Current Employee - AM/PM in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company to work for. Good Management. Good environment. You need to work hard to in order to earn big; even working hard pays off.

Cons

I have been with the company a bit over a year and I have not had a negative experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Xceed Technologies2012-11-06

"Work environment"

Current Employee - Manager Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company in good location near reston va. They have neat techology and good customers. like the fellow workers.

Cons

The CEO is closed minded and thinks of us as his "people".....expects everyone to work 12 hours a day and come to work even when it snows all day. Not a nice person.

Advice to Management

Either sell the company or bring in new leadership to build the company.Our competition has won many customers from us and it is because of the CEO. He has no understanding of people.

Xceed Technologies2012-07-19
      • "It is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies

Pros

1. Exellent work environment to learn and grow 2. Knowledge sharing 3. Challenging work 4. Good benefits, twice year bonus and salary increases 5. Complete your project and no one is watching the clock 6. Accessable and good Management 7. Very good reputation in the industry

Cons

1. It is small to mid size company 2. Things are happening too fast

Advice to Management

I have followed Xceed for awhile and my advice to management is to keep up the good work and ensure that the company maintains it reputation in porduct development and customer service. Also, consider developing additional products to address other needs of the wireless networks.

Xceed Technologies2011-06-21

"Xceed Technologies Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Xceed Technologies

Pros

Xceed Technologies is a small company and the work is challenging and fast paced. There is never a boring moment. But thats as far as it gets on the plus side.

Cons

1. Xceed Technology management is management is Type A workaholic in nature. They own the company and have the most to benefit. They expect the same crazy working hours from all their employees, but there is not recognition or even a decent thank you for the hard work. 2. Management is extremely controlling and paranoid. There is a general fear that pervades the environment. There is a strong egoistical strain in the...

Advice to Management

1. Be professional in your conduct towards employees. Be fair. 2. Be fair in expectations from employees, and strealmline the chain of command - different people in senior management continue to own the employees and demand multiple, different things at the same time. 3. Respect Work-Life balance. Do not extract everythign out of an employee just because you can.

Xceed Technologies2010-10-20
      • "Great co-workers"

I worked at Xceed Technologies full-time

Pros

A knowledgeable and helpful group of people at the company. I felt welcomed and supported there the entire time. I learned quite a bit from those around. Co-workers took the time to make sure I fully comprehended the subject at hand.

Cons

Nothing really negative to say. Things were a little hectic a times when I was there but I believe that the company was about to be acquired by another company and eventually were. Thus, the occasional sporadic meeting or pressure filled deadline. But overall, nothing out of the ordinary or worthy of negative feedback

Advice to Management

As I am quite sure management has changed, due to the acquisition, the advice I have to offer is attempt to retain the valuable assets of Xceed that attracted you to the company in the first place.

Xceed Technologies2017-05-24