Xcel Energy Associate I Customer Contact Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Xcel Energy Chairman, President & CEO Benjamin G.S. Fowke III
Benjamin G.S. Fowke III
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great pay and benefits, most people were great to work with and were helpful, learned a lot (in 15 reviews)

• Good pay, excellent benefits, low cost and excellent health insurance (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, weekends - work life balance not great (in 6 reviews)

• Not many full time openings for recent grads (in 10 reviews)

"Corporate Prison"

Former Employee - Associate I Customer Contact Center in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Associate I Customer Contact Center in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Xcel Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefts, PTO is alright, 401k. Always free food in the Credit and Collections department. Air conditioning, nothing else was really great.

Cons

The call center is absolutely miserable. They expect you to be taking phone calls the minute your shift starts to the minute it ends excluding breaks for 8 hours. Will not work with school schedule for students and 40 hours of this kind of repetitive work will drain and depress you. Only the “top agents” get to adjust schedule, work from home, pick on call weeks etc. 10 weeks out of the year you are on call which means no vacation and you must adhere no matter what. Can only miss 1 day during 8 week training or you’re terminated. Opportunities for advancement are slim and take excessive amount of years. Company treats its customers horribley and you have to be the one to recieve the backlash and give bad news.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and customers alike, and stop treating the workplace like a prison. Sympathize with your customers and employees.