KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57% Recommend to a Friend
72% Approve of CEO

Found 45 of over 46 reviews

3.3
XcelHR Founder and Managing Director Bala Ramamoorthy (no image)
Bala Ramamoorthy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good start place

Jul 18, 2022 - Payroll Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work place and clear communication with upper management

Cons

Not much to say about the cons.

2. 3.0

Solid company -

Jun 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great on the job training. Very responsive remote team throughout US locations.

Cons

Office environment was a very small team in house - made things a little uncomfortable at times

3. 3.0

It's okay

May 2, 2022 - Human Resources Generalist in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free parking and traffic isn't too bad

Cons

The pay is low for such a high workload

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 18, 2021 - Front Desk Receptionist in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy working at Xcelhr. I am encouraged to take ownership of my job, and manage it how best fits me within the needs of the business. The health benefits are good and management even arranged for Covid-19 vaccines for those who wanted one. Prior to Covid, there was a lot of "structure" but now there is more flexibility in work schedules.

Cons

For me personally, there is no downside. I enjoy the people I work with, and management is supportive of the way I want/need to manage my job responsibilities.

5. 5.0

sales

Mar 2, 2021 - Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a company that cares about their employees. They got covid vaccine appointments for their employees. This was something that many of us attempted but did not achieve.

Cons

We could all use more money!!!

6. 1.0

Ok To Start.... stay no longer than a Year

Mar 8, 2021 - Human Resources in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are paid, parking is free

Cons

Poor management, not a great atmosphere... keep your head low

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Cruel and Incompetent Leadership

Jan 5, 2021 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. I feel bad for the good people trapped here in hell.

Cons

The leaders of this company are terrible people. They received PPP loans and cut our paychecks anyways. They hired new employees and paid them their full wages but left the rest of us to suffer. They don't care about you here. Certain management executives are particularly terrible, incompetent and seem to take pleasure at making people's lives harder. They just stare at the phones all day. The pay is terrible and the management is worse. The owners in particular are hypocrites and terrible business owners. People hate them but we all have to pretend we like them. Not to mention we haven't heard a single thing from them since quarantine started. No corporate communication of any kind. It's ridiculous.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Welcome to hell

Jan 1, 2021 - Human Resources in Rockville, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free parking is really it.

Cons

Everything. You will realize your mistake on your first day.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don't Believe their lies to get you in the door

Feb 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office is located in a quiet part of Rockville so there is little traffic which is the one and only good thing about this job.

Cons

I am only writing this to try to save possible candidates from the pain of working at this place. This is by far the worst company I've ever worked for. It's a very gossip-centric office with NO understanding of teamwork at all. Everyone is constantly throwing each other under the bus. Management is a total mess. The owners do not know or care about the employees in any way and I know this will never change. Pretty much every time I spoke to a client they complained about how terrible Xcel's service is...and I just had to agree in my head. The only reason I took the job is because I was naive enough to believe all the nice things they told me in my interview. Do not believe them. Do not believe the positive reviews on this page- it's all fake news. Good luck with your job search because if you have an offer from XcelHR you need to say no and keep looking.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Work + Fun

Dec 20, 2019 - Payroll
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team makes sure that every employee is doing good. Emphasis is placed on work-life balance. At work, utmost care is provided to the clients in every aspect. We just recently had our Christmas party and it was so much fun. An intimate gathering with active involvement from every employee.

Cons

Cant think of any, at this time.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews
</>Embed

XcelHR Reviews FAQs

XcelHR has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 46 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at XcelHR to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, XcelHR employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at XcelHR. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

57% of XcelHR employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated XcelHR 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at XcelHR to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with XcelHR Job Seekers