Xcelerate Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Drever

1. "Engagement Manager"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Brilliant & diverse staff. Help clients achieve breakthrough performance. Generous leadership.

Cons

None come to my mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Values-driven company with an important mission"

Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions is a purpose-driven, mission-focused organizations with deeply held core values. People are genuinely valued in this company and the opportunity to make a difference is available to anyone who joins. The company has an initiative called "Xcelerate Cares" that gets employees engaged in philanthropic initiatives and really brings people together to do good in the local community.

Cons

As with many consulting organizations, it is hard to connect with people on other programs within the company or to have a sense of the "big picture."

Advice to Management

Develop career advancement opportunities so that you're not only "hiring one more like your best", but also promoting them and developing your most important asset, people.

3. "Different Company, But the People are what Make it work."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

They backed me up as best they could (considering we were subs).
    There was always a ready ear to listen and the people I worked with were always on point.
    I was always able to meet with anyone in Sr. Management when needed.

Cons

They've got 'different' ideas on leave, benefits and bonuses. It may take some getting used to.
    I'd like to have seen more outreach initiated from my 'talent manager'.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more challenging positions as they come up. Push for people to move around and gain more experience in different positions/contracts and in different disciplines.

5. "It really is one of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Xcelerate has been extraordinarily supportive both personally and professionally. You definitely get back as much as you give. Nothing is given to you, you are challenged and accountable in a very positive way. The accountability encourages YOU to grow while simultaneously contributing to the company's success and growth.

Cons

There are really no cons as far as the company is concerned. Although Xcelerate makes a real effort to reach out and keep employees that are on client sites included and informed, it can be a challenge at times because of client restrictions and it does take effort on both Xcelerate corporate and also the employees part to keep this connection. Xcelerate is always looking for new and better ways to maintain this connection with their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the positive energy and appreciation with your employees. Xcelerate has matured in to a solid business and the culture has blossomed in to one of the best places to work because of the positive energy generated by the CEO. The employees feel the commitment to them and to their clients, it is contagious.

6. "I have been working at Xcelerate for nine months"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The community feel at Xcelerate is contagious. It is a great work environment with some awesome coworkers. Each department was welcoming and anxious for me to get involved & to use my skill sets, as well as to help to mold my skills. Overall great experience and highly recommended.

Cons

Sometimes seems understaffed with the amount of projects to do and so little time in one day.

Advice to Management

Look into hiring more people for infrastructure. Also, work on interdepartmental communication.

7. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate is a great place to work, and I really do feel proud when I tell people who I work for. They have a good work/life balance. Great people and smart colleagues. The CEO is driven and involved. This is the first company I've worked for where the CEO actually speaks to the employees about the company or projects.

Cons

Some people do all the work while others skate by doing next to nothing.

Advice to Management

Recognize/promote the employees actually doing the work.

"Bait & Switch"

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart and friendly coworkers. Good expense reimbursement, average health benefits.

Cons

Total bait & switch. Recruiters promise you the moon and the stars- if you work at the corporate office, you believe the company is stable because of all of the elaborate parties they have (at least 2–3 per week) bridal and baby showers with cupcakes from Georgetown and alcoholic beverages during working hours. Catered all hands meetings where they talk about how well they're doing and boost about all their awards. Strive that their employees are there number one concern and if there's ever an issue with the contract will know before hand and help their employees find a new position versus laying them off. However, this is the case, unless you're grandfathered in to the cool "clique" or employed to the company bc of nepotism.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Do things the right way even if it takes a little longer versus rushing and handing in something that's wrong to the client. Stop growing so big and then splitting off to be a small company again out of greed to win more contracts.

"Quality Organization"

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Committed back office staff (recruiting, contracts, experience managers)
    Approachable leadership team
    Committed to screening new hires for culture fit
    Hard working billable consultants

Cons

Rapid growth does sometimes result in confusion and occasional resource bottlenecks

Advice to Management

Continue to message the team regarding company strategic direction, growth forecast, etc...
    Continue to define and refine Xcelerate offerings and value propositions.

"A Place to Grow as Part of a Great Team"

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions has been the best career move I've ever made, and I can see a long future for me here. From the welcoming staff, intelligent and engaged coworkers, and innovative and interesting projects, to the strong support team focused on helping you find and apply your greatest potential, I know I have found a place where I can grow and contribute as part of a great team.

Xcelerate not only has great people, but the people here support and encourage each other. I work with executives who provide helpful feedback and are partners in my projects with them. From department to department, I find people who are the best in their fields and not only a joy to work with, but great to learn from. And the President of the company has a true open-door policy and a connection with his employees and their work.

And if that wasn't enough, there's the social events, the after work get togethers, and knowing that every day I come to work to people I like being around. With all that, Xcelerate also keeps growing and succeeding with their clients. Looking forward to a long future with Xcelerate!

Cons

Only con that comes to mind at the moment is the need for more meeting space.

Advice to Management

Thank you to the management for being such a great team. I've already grown and learned so much, and feel even more confident about my career.

11. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Access to thought leaders across government and consulting
    Open door management policy
    Upward mobility focus for employees
    Access to an expansive network
    Strong client relationship focus
    Diverse project portfolio

Cons

Small business
    Growing footprint outside of DMV

Advice to Management

Ensure the employee focus, small business agility and large business capability scales with the growth of the company