Xcelerate Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Mark Drever

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Purpose-Driven, Client-Focused, Family-Oriented"

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate is a purpose-driven, client- focused, and family-oriented organization that demonstrates a commitment to excellence.

Purpose-Driven: The company was founded on September 11, 2009, with a mission centered on Making America Safer by providing support services to the Government that enhance the security of the personnel, physical, and cyber infrastructure. Each program that Xcelerate supports contributes to this mission and Xcelerate focuses on finding employees who are passionate about serving.

Client-Focused: In each client engagement, Xcelerate brings to bear thought leaders who are dedicated to serving their clients’ needs. With more than 200+ projects served, Xcelerate has demonstrated a commitment to getting the job done, taking on their clients’ missions as their own.

Family-Oriented: They take care of their employees, recognizing stellar performance by providing opportunities for bonuses, MVP awards, company events, and other incentives. The organization is one of the most transparent and welcoming places I have had the opportunity to work. I was a referral to the organization and was immediately impressed from the first interview and throughout onboarding with the company. The family feel and atmosphere starts at the top with Mark Drever (CEO), who focuses on leading an organization that stresses collaboration and is committed to providing support to their employees in any way they can. In addition to taking care of their employees, they are deeply supportive of the local community. The organization’s volunteer organization is led by a great team of energetic and passionate individuals that work with a number of non-profit organizations in the area. Through and through, this is a unique organization that I have been lucky enough to have a chance to work for and build a career with.

Cons

Not many. There are challenges within any organization, especially with Federal Consulting firms but Xcelerate’s Leadership Team provides the guidance and support to get past these barriers

Advice to Management

Continue the great work and investing in your people. The culture you have built is what sets you apart from the competition.

2. "Purpose-Driven Company, Excellent Leadership, and Family Values"

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate is purpose-driven, mission-focused, and hands-down the best company I have worked for. They take care of their people and their customers, always providing the necessary support however they can. You get what you put in and they recognize stellar performance and commitment to the organization's mission and values. It has a real family atmosphere, which is starts at the top with the CEO, Mark Drever. He has created an organization that prides itself on collaboration, stewardship, and excellence throughout.

Cons

There are not many cons here.

There are challenges within any organization, especially for Federal Consulting firms but Xcelerate's Leadership Team's vision, guidance, and attitude help drive the organization forward past these barriers.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work, investing in your people, and being different from the competition.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, fun events, teamwork, willingness to work with you, management support

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time.

4. "Good Company"

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors are proactive and approachable.

Cons

Some networking opportunities but difficult to attend when not working at corporate

Advice to Management

More activities for off-site consultants

5. "Excellence Internally, Externally, and Throughout"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions is the definition of a proper, success-driven company. Every one of the four projects I've been assigned to shows due diligence to the needs of the client, the needs of the team, and the documentation, deliverables, security, and communication required to meet the needs of the project. Every member of each team has excellent work ethic, and a drive to remove obstacles for others on their team.
    As one contract ended, people were often quickly and easily reassigned into different projects; because of this, I was able to transition between four contracts within Xcelerate, and gain invaluable experience above and beyond my job title. My work and teamwork was rewarded with raises and working on secondary contracts netted me bonuses.
    Upon the death of a family member, I was given two bereavement days to fly to California and handle their committal, with a surprising amount of care and support from HR.
    Xcelerate Solutions also has their Quarterly Xcelerate Cares events, where the company participates in local walks, charities, and dinners to support health and military service groups.
    Xcelerate Solutions makes promises, keeps them, and exceeds them. I have never known a team so dedicated to deliver more than success, but happiness to their clients, teams, and employees.

Cons

The expectations of multiple contracts (if you are on them) often are too much at first. Speaking to managers about the balance between the contracts and not working too much is an important conversation that needs to be had infrequently, but often enough.

Advice to Management

None. All the managers are experts in their field, care about their employees, their futures, careers, and compensation. They push you to be more than your job title, and expect excellence.

6. "It's ok..."

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and interaction with top management if you work in their actual building. Pay is just ok...

Cons

If you are working on one of their contracts then you are almost like a second class citizen to them. Terrible with on-time reviews and "merit raises"

Advice to Management

Learn what is fully going on with all programs and contact the employees on those contracts if there are issues.

7. "Engagement Manager"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Brilliant & diverse staff. Help clients achieve breakthrough performance. Generous leadership.

Cons

None come to my mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Values-driven company with an important mission"

Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions is a purpose-driven, mission-focused organizations with deeply held core values. People are genuinely valued in this company and the opportunity to make a difference is available to anyone who joins. The company has an initiative called "Xcelerate Cares" that gets employees engaged in philanthropic initiatives and really brings people together to do good in the local community.

Cons

As with many consulting organizations, it is hard to connect with people on other programs within the company or to have a sense of the "big picture."

Advice to Management

Develop career advancement opportunities so that you're not only "hiring one more like your best", but also promoting them and developing your most important asset, people.

9. "Different Company, But the People are what Make it work."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

They backed me up as best they could (considering we were subs).
    There was always a ready ear to listen and the people I worked with were always on point.
    I was always able to meet with anyone in Sr. Management when needed.

Cons

They've got 'different' ideas on leave, benefits and bonuses. It may take some getting used to.
    I'd like to have seen more outreach initiated from my 'talent manager'.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more challenging positions as they come up. Push for people to move around and gain more experience in different positions/contracts and in different disciplines.

10. "It really is one of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Xcelerate has been extraordinarily supportive both personally and professionally. You definitely get back as much as you give. Nothing is given to you, you are challenged and accountable in a very positive way. The accountability encourages YOU to grow while simultaneously contributing to the company's success and growth.

Cons

There are really no cons as far as the company is concerned. Although Xcelerate makes a real effort to reach out and keep employees that are on client sites included and informed, it can be a challenge at times because of client restrictions and it does take effort on both Xcelerate corporate and also the employees part to keep this connection. Xcelerate is always looking for new and better ways to maintain this connection with their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the positive energy and appreciation with your employees. Xcelerate has matured in to a solid business and the culture has blossomed in to one of the best places to work because of the positive energy generated by the CEO. The employees feel the commitment to them and to their clients, it is contagious.