Xcelerate Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Drever

1. "Engagement Manager"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Brilliant & diverse staff. Help clients achieve breakthrough performance. Generous leadership.

Cons

None come to my mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Values-driven company with an important mission"

Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions is a purpose-driven, mission-focused organizations with deeply held core values. People are genuinely valued in this company and the opportunity to make a difference is available to anyone who joins. The company has an initiative called "Xcelerate Cares" that gets employees engaged in philanthropic initiatives and really brings people together to do good in the local community.

Cons

As with many consulting organizations, it is hard to connect with people on other programs within the company or to have a sense of the "big picture."

Advice to Management

Develop career advancement opportunities so that you're not only "hiring one more like your best", but also promoting them and developing your most important asset, people.

3. "Different Company, But the People are what Make it work."

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

Pros

They backed me up as best they could (considering we were subs).
    There was always a ready ear to listen and the people I worked with were always on point.
    I was always able to meet with anyone in Sr. Management when needed.

Cons

They've got 'different' ideas on leave, benefits and bonuses. It may take some getting used to.
    I'd like to have seen more outreach initiated from my 'talent manager'.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more challenging positions as they come up. Push for people to move around and gain more experience in different positions/contracts and in different disciplines.

5. "It really is one of the best places to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Xcelerate has been extraordinarily supportive both personally and professionally. You definitely get back as much as you give. Nothing is given to you, you are challenged and accountable in a very positive way. The accountability encourages YOU to grow while simultaneously contributing to the company's success and growth.

Cons

There are really no cons as far as the company is concerned. Although Xcelerate makes a real effort to reach out and keep employees that are on client sites included and informed, it can be a challenge at times because of client restrictions and it does take effort on both Xcelerate corporate and also the employees part to keep this connection. Xcelerate is always looking for new and better ways to maintain this connection with their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the positive energy and appreciation with your employees. Xcelerate has matured in to a solid business and the culture has blossomed in to one of the best places to work because of the positive energy generated by the CEO. The employees feel the commitment to them and to their clients, it is contagious.

6. "I have been working at Xcelerate for nine months"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The community feel at Xcelerate is contagious. It is a great work environment with some awesome coworkers. Each department was welcoming and anxious for me to get involved & to use my skill sets, as well as to help to mold my skills. Overall great experience and highly recommended.

Cons

Sometimes seems understaffed with the amount of projects to do and so little time in one day.

Advice to Management

Look into hiring more people for infrastructure. Also, work on interdepartmental communication.

7. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate is a great place to work, and I really do feel proud when I tell people who I work for. They have a good work/life balance. Great people and smart colleagues. The CEO is driven and involved. This is the first company I've worked for where the CEO actually speaks to the employees about the company or projects.

Cons

Some people do all the work while others skate by doing next to nothing.

Advice to Management

Recognize/promote the employees actually doing the work.

8. "Technical Project Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is very open to inviting employees input in many difference areas of the company to support growth and expansion for both the individual and company.

Employees are regularly recognized for their efforts that are about and beyond.

There are monthly in house trainings for the employees on various IT consulting topics.

There are regular activities happening outside of the company that helps to build camaraderie etc.

Cons

Benefits package is a little on the high side and would like a stronger 401K match.
    Clearer comp plan and bonus structure.

9. "A great place to work with some amazing benefits..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits here are great - enough to entice a long-time successful freelancer. One benefit that impresses me particularly is consultations (as many as you want) with a highly reputable financial planning/wealth management firm. I have a trail of 401(k) accounts from other employment and the advisers are helping me sort it all out and set clear goals for retirement.
    So far, I am impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at all levels. When I ask, I learn. I don't see the "information is power and I'm not sharing power" attitude that I have seen in other organizations. The motivation of top leadership is completely transparent and clearly conveyed to staff and clients alike. I like to know the ultimate "why" of what I am doing, and here it is clear, consistent, and honest.

Cons

In my view, the company could use more internal organization, no doubt because it is growing so fast. I have no doubt that it will happen because there are a lot of smart, practical, and creative people here.

"Small Business filled with great people and mission critical opportunities!"

Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Infrastructure in McLean, VA

I have been working at Xcelerate Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Xcelerate Solutions continues to grow with the very best people. Xcelerate's company culture is built on opportunity, trust and a passion for doing the right thing.

Cons

In 2015, Xcelerate needs to focus on defining advancement opportunities for consultants at every career stage.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on fostering the positive company culture, hiring the most talented people and eliminating obstacles to process improvement.

"Working isn't work when you enjoy working with your colleagues."

Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - First Year Associate in McLean, VA

Pros

I am a people person so relationships with the people that I work with is #1. My coworkers here were genuine, caring and kind. I have never worked with such a trustworthy and giving group of people. They truly are committed to making Xcelerate the best company that it can be and they are committed to working hard.

Cons

You get spoiled working with such a kind group that you never want to say goodbye.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I never once felt that I could not approach a manager (or coworker) when there was an issue that needed resolution.