Xchanging Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Wilson

1. "MM4"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has been a crazy ride here at MM4 but a few things have stayed true. The senior management team is open with us and that is apparent from the honest conversations and frequent updates on progress. There is still opportunity to learn and grow, thanks to the managers investing in their employees. The culture of MM4 has been tested but remains intact with the fun, energetic, hard-working individuals at this company.

Cons

The most recent acquisition has been tough on the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us and being open about where we stand. Remember what made us great and keep pushing for it!

2. "Worked for the MM4 division...stay clear of this company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Located in the heart of the Chicago financial district.

Cons

Senior management team is a joke. Sit through a meeting with the CEO and you'll know what I mean.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Get to know your most valuable employees.

3. "Associate Sourcing Manager"

Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to collaborate with entrepreneurial-minded and smart people.

Cons

There was a disconnect between the North American branch in Chicago and the UK part of the company. There wasn't clear communication about how financially healthy the company was, etc.

Advice to Management

Provide more details to all parts of the business about the financial state of the company.

5. "Conflicts of Interest in Upper Management"

Former Employee - Supplier Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supplier Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place has great benefits at little cost to the employee. Also working with a staff of young professionals made me feel comfortable expressing my ideas.

Cons

Upper management is lacking- TERRIBLY. They would say one thing about the company being in stable financial stable condition then start with a round of layoffs. When I started working there, I was assured the company was in a great financial state. After not being there more than 3 months the layoffs started. I received glowing reviews from suppliers & my team lead. As a result I was then chosen as one of the layoffs before my 1 year there was even up. There were also tons of conflicts of interest when i came to employee preformance. One employee was barely at his desk running around the office gossiping with other departments but because of his relationship with the manager of my team he was not even spoken to in regards to his performance.

Advice to Management

Clean the house and start fresh. Like I said, terrible upper management. Needs to be reworked ENTIRELY.

"Xchanging - Mass Confusion"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are at no cost to employee. Close to Union Station.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Clean house. All upper management needs to go.

Jun 20, 2016 – .

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments have been passed to the senior management team.

"Tumultuous times creates opportunity"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In any business there will be peaks and valleys and yes, recently this organization underwent some drastic changes and several staffing loses. However, the changes have created nothing but opportunity for promotion, for people to step up to the plate, and upward mobility. Xchanging provides the opportunities to make a name for yourself and the space and flexibility to show what you've got and how you can develop strategies and execute with outside the box thinking. This IS NOT your typical "in the box", cookie cutter, gray cubicle, environment surrounded by stagnant procedures and corporate red tape. And that's a good thing.

Cons

Change management is lacking, as evidenced by the recent departures, negatively impacting those that remain. However, lessons are being learned, but will take time to implement improvements.

Advice to Management

Develop contingencies to alleviate the impact on remaining staff when redundancies are inevitable. SOPs for standard procedures and a development or advancement plan to condition and train people to step up to the plate or next level so as to reduce the negative impact that is created when someone leaves the organization and ease transitions into new roles.

Apr 12, 2016 – .

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we are glad to hear Xchanging has given you the opportunity to develop your career.

"Turning things around!"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

Sales starting to fly in.

New logos being acquired every week.

Best parts of Chicago culture still in place.

Cons

A succession of difficult challenges in the 2nd half of 2015 has led to a significant turnover of staff however there are still some very exceptional people there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency.

"Open and Honest, but change is coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior Management is very honest on your opportunities within the organization. The employees are probably the best I have been around when it comes to a great office atmosphere and open mindedness. The skills sets vary, but helps to build collaboration and support. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. I have no insight into the rest of the business

Cons

There have been a lot of changes/restructuring over the last year leaving a lot of uncertainty in the employee's minds. This is still enforce in the new year with the potential acquisition of Xchanging by CSC. Lastly, with all the uncertainty, many folks are leaving and it makes me wonder about their ability to deliver. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. The rest of the business is doing well.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, especially at the time of restructuring and uncertainty.

"Director"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

Good Work Life balance. Company cares for its employees. Xchanging allows for creativity and the ability to interact with a team on a global scale. At any given time, you could be working on one project and one goal with individuals from Xchanging on almost every continent.

Cons

I was in a training a few years ago and the Xchanging trainer best described Xchanging as the following. Xchanging is a 14-15 year old company just as a 14-15 year old person goes through growing pains, learns, and develops, as will Xchanging. Be patience.

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We thank you for taking the time to write an review and we're glad to hear that you are enjoying working at Xchanging with our flexible working and other benefits that we offer.

11. "Accounts Executive"

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

The company is still growing and so doesn't have advanced tools.

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for helping Xchanging work towards it aim of being regarded as the best provider in its chosen markets.