Xchanging Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Wilson

1. "MM4"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has been a crazy ride here at MM4 but a few things have stayed true. The senior management team is open with us and that is apparent from the honest conversations and frequent updates on progress. There is still opportunity to learn and grow, thanks to the managers investing in their employees. The culture of MM4 has been tested but remains intact with the fun, energetic, hard-working individuals at this company.

Cons

The most recent acquisition has been tough on the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us and being open about where we stand. Remember what made us great and keep pushing for it!

2. "Associate Sourcing Manager"

Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Sourcing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to collaborate with entrepreneurial-minded and smart people.

Cons

There was a disconnect between the North American branch in Chicago and the UK part of the company. There wasn't clear communication about how financially healthy the company was, etc.

Advice to Management

Provide more details to all parts of the business about the financial state of the company.

"Tumultuous times creates opportunity"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In any business there will be peaks and valleys and yes, recently this organization underwent some drastic changes and several staffing loses. However, the changes have created nothing but opportunity for promotion, for people to step up to the plate, and upward mobility. Xchanging provides the opportunities to make a name for yourself and the space and flexibility to show what you've got and how you can develop strategies and execute with outside the box thinking. This IS NOT your typical "in the box", cookie cutter, gray cubicle, environment surrounded by stagnant procedures and corporate red tape. And that's a good thing.

Cons

Change management is lacking, as evidenced by the recent departures, negatively impacting those that remain. However, lessons are being learned, but will take time to implement improvements.

Advice to Management

Develop contingencies to alleviate the impact on remaining staff when redundancies are inevitable. SOPs for standard procedures and a development or advancement plan to condition and train people to step up to the plate or next level so as to reduce the negative impact that is created when someone leaves the organization and ease transitions into new roles.

Apr 12, 2016 – .

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, we are glad to hear Xchanging has given you the opportunity to develop your career.

"Open and Honest, but change is coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, IL

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Senior Management is very honest on your opportunities within the organization. The employees are probably the best I have been around when it comes to a great office atmosphere and open mindedness. The skills sets vary, but helps to build collaboration and support. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. I have no insight into the rest of the business

Cons

There have been a lot of changes/restructuring over the last year leaving a lot of uncertainty in the employee's minds. This is still enforce in the new year with the potential acquisition of Xchanging by CSC. Lastly, with all the uncertainty, many folks are leaving and it makes me wonder about their ability to deliver. NOTE that this comment is about the Procurement group only. The rest of the business is doing well.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, especially at the time of restructuring and uncertainty.

"Great learning experience"

Current Employee - MarketMaker in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - MarketMaker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Xchanging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fast growing company
    -Able to learn a lot about procurement and eSourcing
    -Very flexible scheduling
    -Very open and trustworthy work environment

Cons

The pay was not fantastic and responsibilities were not well laid out. The company is growing quickly and does not have a firm foothold on job responsibilities. I expect that, with time, the company will get more organized into a firm corporate structure that they are currently lacking in.

Jun 16, 2015 – .

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Xchanging have recently invested in creating a job profiling tool for management to ensure employees are paid in line with market rate and there ... More

"Turning things around!"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

Sales starting to fly in.

New logos being acquired every week.

Best parts of Chicago culture still in place.

Cons

A succession of difficult challenges in the 2nd half of 2015 has led to a significant turnover of staff however there are still some very exceptional people there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency.

"Director"

I have been working at Xchanging full-time

Pros

Good Work Life balance. Company cares for its employees. Xchanging allows for creativity and the ability to interact with a team on a global scale. At any given time, you could be working on one project and one goal with individuals from Xchanging on almost every continent.

Cons

I was in a training a few years ago and the Xchanging trainer best described Xchanging as the following. Xchanging is a 14-15 year old company just as a 14-15 year old person goes through growing pains, learns, and develops, as will Xchanging. Be patience.

Feb 2, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Partner

We thank you for taking the time to write an review and we're glad to hear that you are enjoying working at Xchanging with our flexible working and other benefits that we offer.

8. "Good Company to work for"

Former Employee - Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Test Engineer

I worked at Xchanging (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, flexible working hours

Cons

No good projects, not good management

Advice to Management

None

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your comment, we're pleased to hear that your enjoyed your time with Xchanging with our flexible working hours and friendly working environment. We have taken your comments on-board and ... More

9. "Data Engineer"

Pros

Innovative, job security, also they are growing very fast

Cons

Not many expert although they try to attract more talented

Oct 1, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Many thanks for your comment, we challenge the status quo and approach our business with creativity, fresh ideas, lateral thinking and a commitment to do things in a new way. Your comment has been ... More

10. "Good Company"

Pros

Extremely professional and great work life balance

Cons

Nothing as such. I worked for 2 years and was very satisfied

Jun 16, 2015 – .

Thank you, we are glad you are enjoying working for Xchanging.